Cant play on gamepad in demo as 1P - only as 2P! help?

Hey!

I have problem with the demo. I got Xbox controler but cant play as 1st player. Gamepad is not responding on menu and when I check option "gamepad support" it wont save - when I go back to options it is unchecked.

BUT

when I press start on my pad during game - it join 2nd player in co-op and I can control it.

So why I cant play with gamepad as 1st player?? :rolleyes:

I played while with k+m but is is not good so wanted to test it with gamepad. Spent like 2 hours, tryed even PS3 pad + emulators but same effect - I only can play as 2nd player co-op ;)

I'm not sure. From my experience the Gamepad Support option turns itself off when it doesn't detect a controller, but here this isn't so much the case. Do you plug in the controller after starting the game, or before? And if it becomes the 2nd player, does the first player kb/m still work?

I'm not sure. From my experience the Gamepad Support option turns itself off when it doesn't detect a controller, but here this isn't so much the case. Do you plug in the controller after starting the game, or before? And if it becomes the 2nd player, does the first player kb/m still work?

Thanx for reply. I plug controler before start game. I see it on control panel and can check buttons there. And the game allow me to play with it buy with 2P only (as co-op join) only. I see X360 icons like ("A" or "B" for buttons) but i really wanna to test it with pad, because so far i have seen (few minutes as co-opted player) on pad its awesome and I would like to buy on steam to play.

But im not sure how to play on pad as 1Player and dont want to buy without possibility to play with my gamepad :(.

When I join as 2Player co-op by gamepad, 1st still works with K+M.

So TL:DR : can play by gamepad as 2Player co-op, cant as 1P (game doesnt react to pad).

Edited by solokazama

I'm sorry I can't help more - I'm just a community mod and am not privy to any info the developers themselves might have. Funnily enough, though, you appear to have solved a problem other people have had - how to do a KB/M + Controller local co-op on the PC! :) I suspect it will be a lot more sensible in the full version as to these options.