To forum visitors, don't fall for the glowing reviews, by pc gamesites/users.

Download the Demo, and judge for yourself, whether DS3 is anylike like its predecessors.

If its not, don't buy it , but be sure to let the developers know, you won't fall for their sh!t.

If you think its like DS1/DS2, they go ahead and buy it.

Download the Demo, and judge for yourself, whether DS3 is anylike like its predecessors.

If its not, don't buy it , but be sure to let the developers know, you won't fall for their sh!t.

Yep, you should really let your decision whether to buy the game or not depend on how much the game is similar to DS1/2.

People who judge a game based on whether or not they like playing the actual game are just not to be taken seriously.

i dont know if i can take anyone seriously that has to swear in their topic to try and get a point across.

just comes across as kind of childish.

and anyway, you made me think 'judge for yourself' was a hyperlink. i was mousing over it for ages thinking id get a link to a rude picture. how dare you! ;)

It doesn't have to be the same to be enjoyable.

Okay, heres an analogy. Now everyones has heard of Lord the Rings. lets suppose the producers of the movie just released LOTR part3, but part3 doesn't have frodo, or the ring, or even sauron. Now using your logic we should still pay to watch part 3 because it doesn't have to be the same to be enjoyable.

;)

Okay, heres an analogy. Now everyones has heard of Lord the Rings. lets suppose the producers of the movie just released LOTR part3, but part3 doesn't have frodo, or the ring, or even sauron. Now using your logic we should still pay to watch part 3 because it doesn't have to be the same to be enjoyable.

;)

hahahaha great post.

;)

Thats a really dumb analogy since DSIII very well continues DSIs Narrative and World (and does so with lots of lore) while DSII focused on a different part narrativly.

The main difference is gameplay after all.

Edited by C2B

The best part is where you compared Dungeon Siege to Lord of the Rings with a straight face.

Things the demo doesn't tell you: No end game content at all (no not even that or that, don't ask), can't transfer characters to or from co-op, game is only 10-11 hours on Normal all side quests done and areas explored, loot is near pointless because the game is easy and at the end you *spoiler* OMGWHYTHEHELLDIDYOUDOTHISOBSIDIAN.

And this is why a demo isn't a good way to judge a purchase nowadays.

;)

Thats a really dumb analogy since DSIII very well continues DSIs Narrative and World (and does so with lots of lore) while DSII focused on a different part narrativly.

The main difference is gameplay after all.

I think the point he was trying to get across were the gameplay elements, since those were the binding elements of the game (for fans at least). The parts removed could be portrayed as Frodo = easily accessable modding tools, the ring = persistent multiplayer, and Sauron = character customization... Maybe I'm wrong in my interpretation, though. =P

No insults intended... Those are just what I think he is trying to get across.

Edited by hopfrog16

No this game isnt like the first two. But that isnt really why it sucks. It sucks because Obsidian fubar'd the MP. Plain and simple. Seriously who is going to want to play as anything other than host? Especially online? Terrible terrible way to do MP for a dungeon crawler.

Edited by Xiaolin

Things the demo doesn't tell you: No end game content at all (no not even that or that, don't ask), can't transfer characters to or from co-op, game is only 10-11 hours on Normal all side quests done and areas explored, loot is near pointless because the game is easy and at the end you *spoiler* OMGWHYTHEHELLDIDYOUDOTHISOBSIDIAN.

And this is why a demo isn't a good way to judge a purchase nowadays.

You poor guy wasted 6(?) hours downloading the thing while you were sleeping. I feel your pain brah.

No this game isnt like the first two. But that isnt really why it sucks. It sucks because Obsidian fubar'd the MP. Plain and simple. Seriously who is going to want to play as anything other than host? Especially online? Terrible terrible way to do MP for a dungeon crawler.

a buncha fanboys?

Go away.

Actually, every person who deserved my respect enough for me to care what they think, thinks that Dungeon Siege 3 is pretty good.

And once again, its supposed (non)continuation to previous Dungeons Sieges is completely irrelevant. Either it is good or it isn't.

DS2 was NOTHING like DS1 really. Why should I expect DS3 to be like DS1? Should I expect it to be like DS2?

I'm just hoping it's a fun ARPG that has some semblance to following the world of the first two.

From what I've seen it looks like it could be pretty good. I'm unsure where all these detractors are coming from, but I'm still pretty hyped about DS3.

DS2 is perhaps my second all time favorite PC action RPG game (Diablo 2 taking first), DS1 isn't even in the top ten, but I still have the game and play it occasionally. I'd say I was a DS fan, but I haven't seen anything thus far to bring on the hatred of DS3 like I've seen exhibited. Thus far all I've seen shows great promise for the game.

a buncha fanboys?

Dimwit

. :)

DS3 is now in 7th place on Steam's sales chart. Last week it was in 20th or something. I'm guessing people are taking their demo experiences, and acting upon them. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: