Is the PS3 game demo rendering at 1080p ?

i noticed when i played the demo that my 1080p tv didnt switch down to 720p like it normally does.

ive only encountered that on a few ps3 retail games (wipeout hd, motorstorm apocalypse, sacred 2 and gta5) and each time it was because they rendered at 1080p.

its hard to tell for me if the game is actually at 1920x1080 resolution because the texture bug in the console demo makes it really hard to see definition on anything. getting a close up of the same spot as i was in my 'do the graphic options do anything in the game' thread, it does appear that there is the same resolution as my 1080p pc game. certainly no 720p jaggies going on, on trees and rocks etc.

can a developer actually say if its a 1920x1080, 1280x1080(gta5) or 1280x720-upscale render going on?

Edited by brandysnap

Speaking of PS3, does it run well framerate wise?

runs smooth. looks like crap though because of the texture bug in the demo. devs said theyve fixed it, and if it indeed is running at 1080p AND has texture quality near that of the pc then ill get it on console so i can up my trophy or achievement scores.

Speaking of PS3, does it run well framerate wise?

runs smooth. looks like crap though because of the texture bug in the demo. devs said theyve fixed it, and if it indeed is running at 1080p AND has texture quality near that of the pc then ill get it on console so i can up my trophy or achievement scores.

I didn't think it ran very smooth on the PS3. The frame rate was kind of sluggish imo. I really wish they would release a patch for the demo on the consoles because that blurry texture issue makes it very hard to know what I am actually getting. Basically I am still in two minds about whether to get this for PC or PS3. The performance on PC was much better and of course graphics killed the PS3, but if I get it on the console, I won't have to shell out any money for extra long USB cables or a bluetooth dongle.

well i thought i was smooth but i didnt play much of the demo because i didnt want to spoil the full game too much.

you can also trade it in on the console if the game isnt any good, or the textures are still crap.

wish the developers would post some pictures of the improvement at least. submitting a patch for a demo on consoles takes time, especially 360 certification.