What are you playing now?

Guest Slinky

Fallout: New Vegas.

So they made Van Graffs to go hostile after finishing Cassidy's quest the peaceful way in some patch, which was somewhat surprising. For a second there I though my game was bugging when the Silver Rush crier started shooting me in Freeside. Fine by me, I get to shoot them after all and sell their fancy weapons!

Not playing now, but TV Tropes convinced me that I need to play Scribblenauts. So I had to purchase it.

Which is more recommended? Scribblenauts or Super Scribblenauts? I hear Super has some control improvements, but Scribblenauts has better puzzles.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Crysis 2 with all the DX11 stuff.

Jesus this game is gorgeous!

Yes... I would hope so.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Can someone make me get Alpha Centauri from GOG? I know it's meant to be super awesome but I could never get into any sci-fi strategy games because I have no bases of reference - I'm a history nut and that gets me into Civ, EU, etc but in something like this I just get lost and dont' know what to do because none of the names or lore stick. Also considering Civ V on sale, but (a) Steam sucks and (b) AC is probably better.

AC is the best-written 4X game ever. The leaders have actual character. The datalinks entries that correspond with the technologies, Secret Projects, buildings, and such, often illuminate those characters and the gameworld they inhabit. And they're reasonably well grounded in existing theoretical science, psychology, and philosophy, if you're interested in any of those areas.

I wouldn't let the "lore" from other sci-fi strategy games deter you-- this is miles beyond "Fight the Space Orcs!" It has its weaknesses as a game (in particular, don't play with any of the factions in the expansion pack-- some are incredibly overpowered), but as far as weaving narrative content into an open-ended strategy game, it is unmatched.

street fighter, red dead redemption.

still have several games sitting unopened. will probably never play them.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles 1, Dissidia (original)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sounds interesting. Maybe I should give the game a chance some day. For reasons I no longer remember I always just thought of it as the space relative of Civilizations, a game I found ridiculous in a bad way when it was released (a primitive strategy game, dumbed down for PC gamers, unlike the works of art available to the Amiga Gamer Masterrace).

Lets grab some AC next time I shop online :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, SMAC was interesting in that it had a pretty defined narrative compared to its predecessor and it's rival/sibling (Civ2 and Civ:CTP respectively), which is alternately viewed as either being brilliant or pretentious. Either way, lead designer Brian Reynolds was philosophy nut which explains most of the background design elements (which makes it all the more galling that he's now directed his talents making Facebook games). I believe EA still holds the rights to the IP, if only Firaxis could strike a deal with them. :)

The faction leaders while conforming to broad stereotypes were a lot more interesting than the simple "Genghis Khan is going to stab you in the back because he's Genghis Khan" approach in Civ. The eclectic mix of wonder videos and voiced quotes for all techs/improvements added a lot of atmosphere too. Compare this to the bland videos and stale quotes in say, Civ4 (no slight on Leonard Nimoy, but the in-character stuff is just so much more engaging). So yeah, SMAC ends up having more plot than many RPGs, whether you take that as praise for the former or an indictment of the latter is up to you. :p

The expansion, Alien Crossfire, is not included in the GoG download at the moment although odds are it'll be added free at some point. But it's a bit unbalancing and for some people, damages the narrative of the original, so it's often preferred to just play the base game regardless. Speaking of unbalancing though - Supply Crawlers.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Still on Dungeon Siege 3. Finally got

Lucas.

I don't expect to finish it tomorrow either. My backlog is just getting worse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished my first run of DS3. Took about 16.5 hours and did the whole thing in Co-op with a friend of mine. I took Anjali and he used Katrina. Loved it and I'm ready for some more. Turned out none of the valid complaints about the game, camera, keyboard controls, etc actually bothered me at. Have a controller that I used for the demo, but stuck with mouse and keyboard for the actual play through.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Bought Commandos: Behind the Enemy Lines - Ammo Pack from GOG.com. I can't remember if I ever finished it back in the day, but at least the first mission felt very familiar. Works great out of the "box" even on Win7 x64.

Played the new L.A. Noire dlc. OK mission, but either I missed some clue, or the lie/evidence logic is even further out than usual in one of the "interviews".

I did get a bunch of new cars unlocked, though. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I feel bad having bought LA Noire, I don't want to support that F***ing meglomaniac Brendan McNamara!

Why are the fired and "abused" devs all crawling out of the woodwork a month after the game has been released? They could have talked about that earlier, maybe inflicting some damage to the sales.

No credit - basically.

Talking about a game before release is pretty bad form, its a sure fire way to kind of make your way out of the games industry.

Why are the fired and "abused" devs all crawling out of the woodwork a month after the game has been released? They could have talked about that earlier, maybe inflicting some damage to the sales.

They're hoping to do what West and Zamp managed to?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Can someone make me get Alpha Centauri from GOG? I know it's meant to be super awesome but I could never get into any sci-fi strategy games because I have no bases of reference - I'm a history nut and that gets me into Civ, EU, etc but in something like this I just get lost and dont' know what to do because none of the names or lore stick. Also considering Civ V on sale, but (a) Steam sucks and (b) AC is probably better.

AC is the best-written 4X game ever. The leaders have actual character. The datalinks entries that correspond with the technologies, Secret Projects, buildings, and such, often illuminate those characters and the gameworld they inhabit. And they're reasonably well grounded in existing theoretical science, psychology, and philosophy, if you're interested in any of those areas.

I wouldn't let the "lore" from other sci-fi strategy games deter you-- this is miles beyond "Fight the Space Orcs!" It has its weaknesses as a game (in particular, don't play with any of the factions in the expansion pack-- some are incredibly overpowered), but as far as weaving narrative content into an open-ended strategy game, it is unmatched.

Wasn't AC the highest rated game from PC gamer for years...and won Gamespot's Strategy Game of the Year?

That said, I haven't installed and played it for years either.

I feel bad having bought LA Noire, I don't want to support that F***ing meglomaniac Brendan McNamara!

I've been tempted to get it, but held off on it. First it was just playing other games, now it's hearing about the actions and not wanting to support them either. Not that one less sell is going to affect them in the least with how much they've made already.

Dungeon Siege has awesome combat. I don't think I've ever played a pure ARPG on the PC with combat this good.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Even more puzzling to me is why Rockstar didn't cancel the game earlier. No sane publisher is funding a game that takes 7 years to develop nowadays.

Except for Gearbox and Silicon Knights.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.