What are you playing now?

Can't remember offhand if I used the jackal much there. I don't think so. For some reason enemies rarely directly engaged anyone but me, seemed like, no matter what I did. :lol:

Was thinking of replaying DS3 but a bit annoyed that if I pick Reinhart (my next choice after Anjali), you get Lucas last. Yes, that's right, I must have Lucas so I can listen to Crispin's voice. ;) I don't mind getting him 2nd but that means I have to play Kat, and I have zero interest in playing her. I guess I can play Lucas & get Anjali then use Reinhart later but I have a feeling I'd suck at melee in this game. haha.

I've found that it's really hard to get an enemy to switch targets, but Rajani seemed to reset her targeting every time she teleported. The key in that fight was to simply move away and hopefully put an ally between her and yourself before she starts throwing spells around again. Not too hard when Lucas is running forwards and you are running backwards.

Also, it seems like a fair number of people picked up Anjali as their first character.

Soooo... I have a hankerin after spending half the day reading about EvE Online politics and warfare, to play a space strategy sim.

Only issue is that I don't currently have any with me (my Homeworld 2 copy back in California, and nothing currently on steam).

SO! I have a deal, if somebody happens to have a good game lying around in the genre (Sins of a Solar Empire, Jupiter incident or something similar) I'll give em a copy of FEAR2.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Soooo... I have a hankerin after spending half the day reading about EvE Online politics and warfare, to play a space strategy sim.

Only issue is that I don't currently have any with me (my Homeworld 2 copy back in California, and nothing currently on steam).

SO! I have a deal, if somebody happens to have a good game lying around in the genre (Sins of a Solar Empire, Jupiter incident or something similar) I'll give em a copy of FEAR2.

http://www.fileplanet.com/62609/60000/file...ntier-Wars-Demo

Don't know where you are or if you could download games or not, but try this demo, it should keep you busy for a few hours or so.

Or, if you're willing to spend a few dollars (since you'd pay anyways to ship a game of Fear2, though maybe not quite as much as a digital copy may cost...once you have it you can d/l it anywhere though)...

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/store.aspx

Actually I wouldn't have to send FEAR2 as it's steamworks enabled, so I'd just throw you the game code, and you'd input it into steam.

FEAR 3.

The games's a lot better than I anticipated. Yay for having no expectations at all!

Either way, game looks great (again, what are reviewers up to these days?), but the sound design is a bit weak. I miss the spooky sound design from FEAR1.

But overall, it's a very good shooter so far. Better than FEAR 2 easily, but not quite up the alley of FEAR1.

FEAR 3.

The games's a lot better than I anticipated. Yay for having no expectations at all!

Either way, game looks great (again, what are reviewers up to these days?), but the sound design is a bit weak. I miss the spooky sound design from FEAR1.

But overall, it's a very good shooter so far. Better than FEAR 2 easily, but not quite up the alley of FEAR1.

Yessss YEEEESSSS, another convert. Soon we shall have enough for full multiplayer games!

Well I managed to get ME2 and all dlc to run properly and finished off a run through..

Hm, I really should get around to finishing off the Fear2 game I've had lurking for the last 4 months or so.. but just haven't been in the right mood to hit it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well beat Shogo, that was fun. Parts where you're out of the MCA are a bit meh - is kinda fun to get waxed when opening doors too hehe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Calax got me back into a game of Imperium Galactica 2 thanks to his asking for suggestions on space based strategy games. I have made a grave mistake in my strategy though. I slowed down my expansion and now I don't have enough planets to provide revenue to keep up with my production requirements. The Kra'Hen have made their move and are busy attacking everyone around me which gives me some time to prepare. I managed to pump out a decent 10 ship fleet of battleships, but that's still not enough.

I just attempted to pit my fleet against the Kra'Hen armada and got beaten up. I did manage to do quite a bit of damage to the enemy before going down though. Enough that I think if I could get rid of the 4 battleships currently following his main fleet, I think I might have a chance at the big fleet. It would be close though.

^ Ah yes, Imperium Galactica 2. Actually quite a good game for it's time. I always had the mind controlling ships, it was hilarious to have a fleet destroy itself.

Did you get it to work in Windows 7? Because I can't seem to make it run.

Fortune favors the bald.

I went shopping at EB Games on the Saturday, seeing if they had Ye Old Oblivion (since people keep saying that with 16Gb or so of mods installed it is fairly playable). Didn't find it anywhere, but picked up Fallout 3 with all DLC's for $25. Figured that once I grow tired of FO:NV, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon, I can see what the first Gamebryo version plays like.

Still playing FO:NV and Disciples II... and trying to get to grips with GTA III. Probably spreading my attention a bit thin.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I managed to finish off the last Back to the Future episode - Outatime.

There was that amusing voice cameo of Michael J Fox to keep an eye out for..

It feels like they cut something out of that final episode. It's not as interesting as some of the others they've done.

Part of the reason it feels they might have cut something, is the episode description says that they chase into Hill Valley's future. But that doesn't happen at all. And it says the chase involves the present, too, but that's not technically true either.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It feels like they cut something out of that final episode. It's not as interesting as some of the others they've done.

Part of the reason it feels they might have cut something, is the episode description says that they chase into Hill Valley's future. But that doesn't happen at all. And it says the chase involves the present, too, but that's not technically true either.

Figuring out that Emmet was the present was a pain in the ass.

I managed to finish off the last Back to the Future episode - Outatime.

There was that amusing voice cameo of Michael J Fox to keep an eye out for..

Was it as amusing as his voice cameo in the cartoon Clone High?

Character: "I gave you one of my kidneys."

*ZOOM INTO HIS BODY*

Leftover Kidney (voice of Micheal J. Fox): "I miss him."

^ Ah yes, Imperium Galactica 2. Actually quite a good game for it's time. I always had the mind controlling ships, it was hilarious to have a fleet destroy itself.

Did you get it to work in Windows 7? Because I can't seem to make it run.

Yeah, the mind controlling ships are Shinari only which sucks because they have by far the worst campaign out of the three main races. Last time I played as them I wiped out the major Kra'Hen fleet of 100+ ships with 10 combat cloaked cruisers armed with ship manipulators. This campaign is definitely a failure now. I got into a costly war in the early game that really hurt my expansion progress and now I just don't have enough planets to provide the necessary tax revenue to out produce the Kra'Hen. The Shinari are fine, but this Solarian game is just a matter of time before they come after me.

I had no problems getting it to work on Windows 7 actually. I looked around online before installing to see if anyone else had issues and saw that loads of people had trouble with it, but I just did a normal installation, haven't even patched it and it runs mostly flawlessly. I have my GPU scale it up from 800x600 to 1600x1200 to maintain the aspect ratio and prevent stretching.

Only have 2 issues and they are both minor ones. The "Please insert the _______ disk" screen is flat black and doesn't work, but it can be backed out of with the escape key. Switching the disk after loading the main menu works just fine. The second issue is that about 60% of the time the cutscenes are flat black screens while the audio plays normally. This sucks because they have some really nice cutscenes in this game.

I'm going to start over again and see if I can't do better this time. And no losing my second planet to pirates this time. :wub:

This campaign is definitely a failure now. I got into a costly war in the early game that really hurt my expansion progress and now I just don't have enough planets to provide the necessary tax revenue to out produce the Kra'Hen. The Shinari are fine, but this Solarian game is just a matter of time before they come after me.

I had no problems getting it to work on Windows 7 actually. I looked around online before installing to see if anyone else had issues and saw that loads of people had trouble with it, but I just did a normal installation, haven't even patched it and it runs mostly flawlessly. I have my GPU scale it up from 800x600 to 1600x1200 to maintain the aspect ratio and prevent stretching.

Only have 2 issues and they are both minor ones. The "Please insert the _______ disk" screen is flat black and doesn't work, but it can be backed out of with the escape key. Switching the disk after loading the main menu works just fine. The second issue is that about 60% of the time the cutscenes are flat black screens while the audio plays normally. This sucks because they have some really nice cutscenes in this game.

I'm going to start over again and see if I can't do better this time. And no losing my second planet to pirates this time. :wub:

Haha, ouch - I remember an early bug where pirates would become super powerful and just destroy the universe.. or maybe that was a mod acting up? hmm.. Anyway they can be a pain. But yeah, that campaign sounds like a lost cause.

Can't you steal tech btw? I distinctly remember having the mind controlling ships as Solarian.

-

in Project zomboid I decided to go out in a blaze of glory. So I loaded up with ~150 shotgun shells and went forth to rid the world of the zombie plague (a really effin' huge herd was chilling close to my hideout) - I think it went pretty well.. I killed around 300 zeds, I survived, which I didn't really think I would.. and I'm now tending to my wounds.. of course I'm probably infected so I'll have to deal with that later.

(the transparant ones behind my character are hallucinations - I accidentally left the game running - so my character went a little mad from not eating in 3 days)

post-5477-1309212921_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Haha, ouch - I remember an early bug where pirates would become super powerful and just destroy the universe.. or maybe that was a mod acting up? hmm.. Anyway they can be a pain. But yeah, that campaign sounds like a lost cause.

Can't you steal tech btw? I distinctly remember having the mind controlling ships as Solarian.

Heh. I didn't have anything that bad, I just sent my starting fleet off to explore for more planets and while it was gone pirates snuck in before the radar coverage went up. Took it right back, but it was still annoying.

You can steal tech, although it's considerably more difficult with anyone other than the Shinari and their super spies. You can't steal something that hasn't been researched though and the Kra'Hen managed to wipe out the Shinari fairly early on this game.

Still on Dungeon Siege 3. The stories about it being short kept making me think that it would have ended already. But I know I have at least one dungeon area left. And expect another after that. I think that'd make me happy with it. Besides, I have like 9 or 10 levels left until cap.

Anyway, lots of fun. Probably too easy on Normal. Oh and I still haven't recruited Lucas. Don't know if I missed something or not.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still on DS3 too, very fun and good friend of mine will get it soon so I can co-op. :) Otherwise though, I've got nothing - none of the new releases look interesting in any way (already got TW2).

Can someone make me get Alpha Centauri from GOG? I know it's meant to be super awesome but I could never get into any sci-fi strategy games because I have no bases of reference - I'm a history nut and that gets me into Civ, EU, etc but in something like this I just get lost and dont' know what to do because none of the names or lore stick. Also considering Civ V on sale, but (a) Steam sucks and (b) AC is probably better.

Since I'm a one-game-at-a-time person I'm still on DS3 too. I think I'll do a total of 3 runs & that'll probably be about it. Then I'll be back to "nothing interests me." :)

Wish I could get into the Diablo3 beta when it happens. I'm really starting to believe it may be out in (late) 2012. *fingers crossed*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished my umpteenth Fallout: Tactics playthrough with modified sniper rifle (used .50 CAL ammo). Played some Chime with my brother, taking turns attempting to beat each others score, was fun for a while but man some of those shapes are annoying because they don't fit anywhere.

EDIT: Tried to have another go at The Witcher 2 but just couldn't play past the Prologue, it's not any fun when you know the story already.

Now I'm all out of games and I find that disturbing. :sorcerer:

Edited by trulez