What are you playing now?

Shopped like there was no tomorrow on gog's Interplay half price sale. Got the Fallouts (1,2,T), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, The Freespaces (1,2), Die by the Sword. Nabbed the Infinity engine games and ToEE too (even though they weren't on sale). Sadly, Die by the Sword doesn't run, even as a GoG version ;)

I also bought FO1&2 and FreeSpace 2, even though I already own them. Really cheap backups.

There's no need to buy FreeSpace 1 though, you can download the needed files to play it as part of the FS Port mod, which is legal as far as I know. Not that it's bad to own it too :)

Hehe, at $2.99 my time is too precious to investigate that much :)

I even think I have Freespace somewhere, got it as an OEM deal with some hardware (either an old Soundblaster or nVidia card, don't remember which)... or maybe not. I think that one was called 'Conflict Freespace'. I wonder if it is the same.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I returned to Lair of the Shadowbroker on ME2... That's still a very nicely developed dlc, with some nice soundtrack, good visuals and amusing lines.

The Shadowbroker is a bit of a bastard on insane I'll say that. And then the frigging thing crashes on the loading screen before returning me to the Normandy.. :) And I can't find a bloody thing explaining why I get that. Maybe I'll have to try reinstalling it all.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the ending of FEAR 3. I can't wait to get off work and play Dungeon Siege 3. I'm hoping that will improve the situation.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm still pissed I haven't managed to figure out how to start as anything other than a human in Tactics :)
There's list of mods at gog.com forums, which includes all the races for single player.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/fallout_series...tics_mods/page1

Will try, thanks.

I'm still pissed I haven't managed to figure out how to start as anything other than a human in Tactics :)
You can't because the BoS has only human members at the beginning?

I didn't mean officially. I always loved that they expanded the system to fully support the other races, but by the time you get most of them it's already too late.

Dog protagonist, here I come!

Edited by Purkake

So turns out even your serfs in SMAC dsilike you committing genocide, bah! Bigger war. Or can just quit, already won via transcendence. Can never seem to win other ways. Hmph.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I returned to Lair of the Shadowbroker on ME2... That's still a very nicely developed dlc, with some nice soundtrack, good visuals and amusing lines.

The Shadowbroker is a bit of a bastard on insane I'll say that. And then the frigging thing crashes on the loading screen before returning me to the Normandy.. :) And I can't find a bloody thing explaining why I get that. Maybe I'll have to try reinstalling it all.

You're getting a lot of strange load crashes (you had them with DA2, too, right?). Anything strange with your hardware? :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You're getting a lot of strange load crashes (you had them with DA2, too, right?). Anything strange with your hardware? :)

Hm, no didn't have anything odd with DA2.

I haven't changed any hardware in awhile, and I've run through ME2 and all of the dlc before without having this happen.. Although this was the first time I started from the beginning with all the dlc added in. So I'm half wondering if it's some freakish bug because I'm trying to do it before finishing off the main storyline.

But it's literally.. kill the shadowbroker, have that cutscene and the conversation.. get the ME2 loading screen (the normandy diagram) and then right when it should be opening up with you on the Normandy post mission it just crashes to windows. If I reload a save from before running Shadowbroker, I can go off and carry on with the main storyline, do sidequests..and no problems. At the moment it appears to be that single point. :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh, ok. Wonder who was having a similar issue in DA2? Or was it even this forum? I really should stop doing this forum commando runs while writing, everything gets jumbled. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

the Penny arcade take on FEAR3

When something arrives at the office for Gabriel there is a sort of dance that accompanies it, a small one, a festival in miniature to which he is the sole attendee. I saw this ritual peel away yesterday, peel and flake, like old wallpaper.

He had purchased a copy of The Wild Hunt specifically to pass around at work, to trundle from office to office like a reliquary and dispense its portion of the divine. What he received instead was this monstrous thing, some kind of Goddamn larva, which could not be more antithetical to his consumer will. We thought Tycho

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's been fun with DS3 tho...AI-Lucas has made me chuckle almost all the way through it with all his dry wit lines and Mr Straightforward Goody attitude. Not to mention some of the other humor. Obsidian writers always seem to make me laugh and for that I thank them.

AI-Lucas is both awesome and infuriating. He tends to drop everything in an attempt to revive you if you go down which is awesome, but he also has a tendency to ignore massive attacks coming his way when he does so. It's hard to get mad at him for running into giant purple pillars of fire when he's doing it in an attempt to save you. :thumbsup:

And I will beat Rajani on Hardcore dammit! I think I need to stop being so nice trying to revive Lucas every time he goes down.

Did co-op with Tale in FEAR3. Was kinda... insane. He beat me in points by about 30k.

Me and Calax did a full co-op FEAR 3 run. Lots of fun.

I found out that you can possess even the Phasecasters and Phastcaster Commander. But the latter are too big to fit through doors.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Me and Calax did a full co-op FEAR 3 run. Lots of fun.

I found out that you can possess even the Phasecasters and Phastcaster Commander. But the latter are too big to fit through doors.

Which led to some hilarity.

AI-Lucas is both awesome and infuriating. He tends to drop everything in an attempt to revive you if you go down which is awesome, but he also has a tendency to ignore massive attacks coming his way when he does so. It's hard to get mad at him for running into giant purple pillars of fire when he's doing it in an attempt to save you. :-

:lol: He does tend to do that, doesn't he? Altho after a certain point he no longer died on me while doing it. But yeah...earlyish on he did several times.

And I will beat Rajani on Hardcore dammit! I think I need to stop being so nice trying to revive Lucas every time he goes down.

She was really hard for me on HC, with the gear/stamina I had at the time. After a dozen tries I finally had her whittled down and I thought I was gonna win! But then...took me another several tries to get it. :shifty:

Got around to finishing the game finally. The very very end "boss" was actually pretty fun...and nowhere near as difficult as the stuff leading up to it. But by then I had Lucas so decked out that all I had to do was teleport around like a madwoman, occasionally cast my Mastered healing (to heal both of us) and cast an offensive spell. But it took forrrrevvvvvverrrrrrr. That was one long end-game, felt like it went on and on. I have no desire to replay it in HC again. Well, maybe I'll do the normal stuff in HC, but knock it down to Normal when I get to bosses. 20 min boss fights just aren't my bag. :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think DS3 has my favorite end-game stuff of any Obsidian game so far (excluding NWN2 expansions but they're... well, different). Mostly due to the fact that I find the core gameplay to be just really fun an engaging. But would agree that it goes on for too long. Think that's pretty much a beef I have with 90% of RPGs though. I understand that they want the epic finale but it almost never ends well IMO. Short and interesting is what I want. But again, at least I find DS3 combat fun which helps a lot.

I was back to playing New Vegas a bit to have a char for Old World Blues (finished a replay of Honest Hearts) but then they announced that it's not coming until next month. Gonna try out Reinhart in DS3 instead for now.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

She was really hard for me on HC, with the gear/stamina I had at the time. After a dozen tries I finally had her whittled down and I thought I was gonna win! But then...took me another several tries to get it. :p

I tried to take her down about 15 times right before I posted that message. I decided that was enough for one night and came back to it the next day. I managed to beat her on my first try with only one application of my healing ability. The key seemed to be keeping my summoned jackal up. As long as that thing was around she focused everything on it while Lucas and I took her down.

Currently running around Stonebridge trying to figure out which group I want to go after first.

Got some Interplay games off GoG, have all of them except Shogo, so I'm playing that now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm playing "really really bored" and reading what amounts to Eve Online after action reports on da interwebz (mainly 10 ton hammer).

You find little gems like this:

In World of Warcraft, while there may be an obscene 11.5 million people running about as elves and orcs hitting monsters with swords and spells, those people are broken up into small groups of ten to twenty thousand per server. If you don't like your server, you can leave to another server, start anew, find a different social milieu. The game is also infamously newbie friendly, which is partly why it has gained such mainstream success; almost anyone can pick it up and play. The basic group unit in WoW is a guild between 20 and 100 people; the odd megaguild nonwithstanding, it's a grouping intimate enough that every monkey can get to know every other monkey, and the primary social activity involves groups of between five and 25. Even at this level, though, there's a blurring of perspective in the minds of people; sick days are called in from work to raid, personal hygiene is neglected, obsession with purple loot and intensely personal dramas around said loot occur.

By contrast, EVE takes a much smaller player base - perhaps 450,000 - but jams all these monkeys into one barrel, a barrel from which there is no escape - no 'other server' to flee to and begin anew. The learning curve in EVE might as well be vertical, despite all the efforts to make the game more newbie-friendly over the years; any sort of mistake usually results in you dying horribly and losing substantial assets, which are very limited when first playing the game. Additionally, more than any other MMO, EVE relies heavily on mathematics and spreadsheets in the player-run logistics and production aspects of the game. Given the violence, loss, and (horror of horrors) math, it is only a certain sort of of monkey who not only ascends the nightmarish and Darwinian learning curve, but finds the process entertaining enough to stick around and play for more than a week. So this is EVE, a galaxy filled with socially inept spreadsheet nerds on the one hand and obsessive, ambitious griefers on the other. Resources are limited and must be fought over, and the only way out is to quit entirely.

The key seemed to be keeping my summoned jackal up. As long as that thing was around she focused everything on it while Lucas and I took her down.

Can't remember offhand if I used the jackal much there. I don't think so. For some reason enemies rarely directly engaged anyone but me, seemed like, no matter what I did. :lol:

Was thinking of replaying DS3 but a bit annoyed that if I pick Reinhart (my next choice after Anjali), you get Lucas last. Yes, that's right, I must have Lucas so I can listen to Crispin's voice. ;) I don't mind getting him 2nd but that means I have to play Kat, and I have zero interest in playing her. I guess I can play Lucas & get Anjali then use Reinhart later but I have a feeling I'd suck at melee in this game. haha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts