What are you playing now?

So, still managing about an hour or two of arkham asylum every day, before I just get bored of it. The combat system is a bit more fun now that I get jumped on by massive amounts of mooks, but I still haven't managed to chain a combo longer than 13 just because I've had everybody down for the count at that point. :lol:

Are you sure you're not interrupting your combo? Beating the first three guys in the game with one continuous combo sequence gets you over 20 easily.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I've got about 42 with just 10 guys, a beautiful and totally lucky streak. Hitting someone on the ground also counts (and gives the other goons a time to get up so you can continue).

Fortune favors the bald.

So the riot shield in FEAR 3 is pretty absurd. Absorbs most damage and comes with an SMG. I just meleed a boss to death using it. Found him near a wall and kept shield slamming. I actually did it twice. I have no idea where the second one came from.

It was a souped up version of the Phasecasters. They summon in regular guys. I walked into the arena, he teleported through a wall, then I just bashed him for 30 seconds straight. I guess the game went into denial about it and demanded a recount. That's why he showed up again. Proceed to beating number 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well beginning a purge of the Hive. So nice that the game gives you a body count.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Installing Dungeon Siege III. Finally. :)

Edit: Eh? Three different registration codes?

One for the game, one for the limited edition stuff and one for the Square Enix thing?

Apparently so, still bit silly though.

I've gone from "DS3 is ok/a fun casual romp" to "DS3 is pretty cool, I really like it, I don't need to sleep."

Hehe, that seems to be the trend in the DSIII forums:

:aiee: ---> :ermm: ---> :wowey:

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Not that I'm an achievement whore by any standards, but I've played the game for about 3 hours now and haven't received a single achievement for Dungeon Siege 3. Yowser. I guess I'm so used to getting an achievement for just killing the first enemy in most games that I assume something is wrong with my game or that it's bugged:)

I finished the game and didn't got a single achievement (that I am aware of). :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, still managing about an hour or two of arkham asylum every day, before I just get bored of it. The combat system is a bit more fun now that I get jumped on by massive amounts of mooks, but I still haven't managed to chain a combo longer than 13 just because I've had everybody down for the count at that point. :p

Are you sure you're not interrupting your combo? Beating the first three guys in the game with one continuous combo sequence gets you over 20 easily.

Not at all, I could just as well suck at this to a greater degree than I've realised. :rolleyes:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

FEAR 3 is definitely growing on me. To the point I can recommend it to people who are regular fans of FPS games. The game starts really badly, though. You only have the one melee attack, barely any slowmo, and absolutely conspicuous cover placement. You quickly earn the jump and slide kicks, gain up in slowmo, and are put in environments with more natural cover. Such as an airport with pillars and kiosks, instead of just boxes.

I gave Fettel a spin last night and his gameplay is very interesting. His version of slowmo is called spirit and he uses this for his possession ability. While possessing a body, it constantly decreases. Every time you kill someone, they drop a red orb, which helps replenish your spirit. This encouraged me to play very aggressive. The game uses a persistent unlock/perk system, so as you gain more spirit or faster regen, you keep that in all game modes. I went back with Fettel to the first level this way and did not use cover except in the most desperate moments. So it was very exciting.

It still has niggling details, if you're a FEAR fan. Replica forces only show up as part of Armacham's forces. Fettel's Foxtrot 817 body is MIA. Point Man starts in prison. None of which seems to be explained. Replica forces being part of Armacham really pushes it so that Armacham is the bad guy, with Alma being little more than the McGuffin you're after to save the world. Environmental destruction seems to be at the series' lowest point. Glass and occasionally cover. Enemies don't die with any dramatic flair, like flying through the air while still firing their weapon. They just kind of drop. I think these are ultimately minor things, but may still be sticking points for series fans. The game sitll manages to do quite a bit right, nontheless.

They still fly and get pinned to walls Tale... you just have to be using the right weapon (the 20mm nail gun). Also, I think there's more environmental destruction than you're thinking about, it's just that the guns don't really do it anymore (the smaller calibur ones)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They still fly and get pinned to walls Tale... you just have to be using the right weapon (the 20mm nail gun). Also, I think there's more environmental destruction than you're thinking about, it's just that the guns don't really do it anymore (the smaller calibur ones)

Only thing I've seen the Penetrator pin is the head. The game has it hard for decapitations.

Iiiinnnteresting. Apparently, there are multiple endings to FEAR3 depending on Coop scores.

Iiiinnnteresting. Apparently, there are multiple endings to FEAR3 depending on Coop scores.

Can you get them without another player or do you need to play with someone? :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Can you get them without another player or do you need to play with someone? :ermm:

You can do it without another player, but you gotta play through the game at least once.

I was enjoying myself quite a bit in DS3 for a while there, until I hit the Mines. After feeling quite turned around several times trying to find my way through there, along with the camera viewpoint constantly swinging into "show a closeup of my chr's arse" mode in the middle of combat as I tried to move in tiny confined spaces, I saved the game and went to bed. Also, I guess I missed finding a 3rd book a long time ago for one quest & since I don't think I can go back in there I guess I missed the boat on that one. They should grey out a quest if it can't be completed.

Hopefully once I'm out of this area I'll enjoy myself a lot again. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beat FEAR 3. The ending has left me speechless. It's just so... so... awful. The worst ending I've ever seen. And it's not even a cliffhanger. It's pretty definitive. But it's just so bad. The last level was pretty awful, too. The entire story is not that good to begin with. They made it into a family melodrama. You're chasing Alma because bad stuff is going, but only fighting Armacham forces (except for a handful of weak baddies). Then the final fight is

Harlan Wade, simply because.... uh, you have bad memories of him. Well, despite the fact that Point Man supposedly has no memories of him.

The world's ending, let's resolve childhood trauma instead.

Then Alma dies on her own. World saved, YAY

Fought Rajani on hardore in Dungeon Siege III. Took me many tries to bring that crazy chick down. Felt so good afterwards. I was about to yell like a little girl, but some equipment changes gave me the victory.

Shopped like there was no tomorrow on gog's Interplay half price sale. Got the Fallouts (1,2,T), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, The Freespaces (1,2), Die by the Sword. Nabbed the Infinity engine games and ToEE too (even though they weren't on sale). Sadly, Die by the Sword doesn't run, even as a GoG version :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I finished Alice: Madness Returns. According to the game, it took me a bit more than 16 hours.

I like it better than the first game. Art direction and level design are fantastic (you won't find a more creative and beautiful game released this year), voice-over and story are as good as the first game. Tone & atmosphere isn't as dark as the first game (understandably, considering Alice mopped up Wonderland pretty thoroughly in the first game), only right before the end it becomes really dark, perhaps even shockingly so. The ending is ambiguous enough that it may warrant another sequel.

Music is not as memorable as the first game from what I remember, although I really like the main theme (very Arcanum like).

Combat is better, there aren't as many enemies and weapons as in the first game, but this time around you need some strategy to beat them. It can also be pretty challenging when facing groups of different enemy types (although when close to death, there is a limited win-button in the form of Hysteria, when Alice will go nuts for a short time, becoming invulnerable and doing massive damage).

Overall, 8.5/10.

The game also has PhysX and 3D Vision options, which I imagine make the game look even more impressive than it is, but I couldn't benefit from this due to my computer sucking balls.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky
Shopped like there was no tomorrow on gog's Interplay half price sale. Got the Fallouts (1,2,T), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, The Freespaces (1,2), Die by the Sword. Nabbed the Infinity engine games and ToEE too (even though they weren't on sale). Sadly, Die by the Sword doesn't run, even as a GoG version :thumbsup:

I also bought FO1&2 and FreeSpace 2, even though I already own them. Really cheap backups.

There's no need to buy FreeSpace 1 though, you can download the needed files to play it as part of the FS Port mod, which is legal as far as I know. Not that it's bad to own it too :)

I have the Meisters of Stonebridge support and I sense DS3 is coming to a close rather soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels that way. Which is good because the siren call of FNV seems to be getting loud in my ears again. ;)

It's been fun with DS3 tho...AI-Lucas has made me chuckle almost all the way through it with all his dry wit lines and Mr Straightforward Goody attitude. Not to mention some of the other humor. Obsidian writers always seem to make me laugh and for that I thank them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts