What are you playing now?

SMAC, debating on whether to finish off the weaker Believers or Hive, or start a rather tough fight with the Peaceniks. Sucks how the Hive never gets wiped out in my games.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing DS3. Played about 4 hours last night/early morning in single player and then another six hours today, spread between two sessions, in co-op with a friend of mine. Loving it so far. Only issue I've had is with my router. Had to open all ports on it to host the multiplayer, since I haven't been able to figure out which ports it requires just yet to do it in a more secure fashion.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Got a little DS3 in, then remembered I had to finish FEAR 2. Got that and Reborn done and spent a few hours with FEAR 3.

FEAR 3... Don't know what to say. Maybe I'll report back tomorrow after I've slept. It's not a bad game. I'm undecided as to if it's a good game, however. It's definitely a game!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got a little DS3 in, then remembered I had to finish FEAR 2. Got that and Reborn done and spent a few hours with FEAR 3.

FEAR 3... Don't know what to say. Maybe I'll report back tomorrow after I've slept. It's not a bad game. I'm undecided as to if it's a good game, however. It's definitely a game!

I'm of the opinion that it's an ok game, not gonna go blowing any minds away. But it's VERY obviously based entirely on co-op, just single player makes you feel a bit to overwhelmed in firefights sometimes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I also considered filling the 6th spot with a Bard, but, although they are generally good additions in IWD games, I didn't feel like dragging some poncy minstrel around the frozen north.

Ironically, IWD+HoW is one of the few games where a bard is actually feels useful. Besides, if you don't bring a bard along, who is going to record the tale of your heroic deeds?!?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I also considered filling the 6th spot with a Bard, but, although they are generally good additions in IWD games, I didn't feel like dragging some poncy minstrel around the frozen north.

Besides, if you don't bring a bard along, who is going to record the tale of your heroic deeds?!?

There's always an insane gnome around for that.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Besides, if you don't bring a bard along, who is going to record the tale of your heroic deeds?!?

There's always an insane gnome around for that.

I hate gnomes :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Installing Dungeon Siege III. Finally. :)

Edit: Eh? Three different registration codes?

One for the game, one for the limited edition stuff and one for the Square Enix thing?

Still waitng for DS3 (went to the shop today, they said release date is 23rd (lol), but the company doesn't ship games that day, so Friday at earliest - beyond ridiculous).

Torchlight, Painkiller and LoL in the meantime.

I'm of the opinion that it's an ok game, not gonna go blowing any minds away. But it's VERY obviously based entirely on co-op, just single player makes you feel a bit to overwhelmed in firefights sometimes.

I never feel overwhelmed. Except the one Goliath fight so far.

It's clearly a cover shooter. But in the first person. It's a concept I'm not sure works very well. In the likes of Mass Effect 2, Gears of War, or Uncharted, when you're stuck behind cover, you still see when enemies get themselves out of cover. Level 1 of FEAR 3 felt like peek-a-boo. Popping my head out to see if they're still there.

It does seem co-op centered, nonetheless. And I'm hoping that's where it shines. Fettel may make peek-a-boo less of a problem.

Ironically, IWD+HoW is one of the few games where a bard is actually feels useful. Besides, if you don't bring a bard along, who is going to record the tale of your heroic deeds?!?

Duh-- David Ogden Stiers will!

A bit more FEAR3. Just saw a cutscene with Beckett from the previous game in it, and hey actually sorta dealt with the whole "I got raped" thing pretty well all things considered.

If FEAR 3 doesn't end with a fight between Fettel and Point Man, I think I'll be disappointed. Alternatively, it could just end with the world ending. That'd fit, too.

And I have to ask Calax.

Have you encountered Replicas, yet?

That's a negative Ghostrider. It's all been the overly powerful ATC crew.

Gotta say I am kinda frustrated that Armacham went from basic defense contractor to "Umbrella corporation without zombies but telepaths"

I've gone from "DS3 is ok/a fun casual romp" to "DS3 is pretty cool, I really like it, I don't need to sleep."

Not that I think it's a masterpiece of the century/ultra fave game or anything, but imo it really picks up/improves once you're somewhat past where the demo left off.

Either that or Lucas' lines (and some of the other npcs+their interactions) & some of the intense boss fights have made me chuckle enough that I've forgotten to think about the few things I don't love about the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, better try that DS3 demo then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've gone from "DS3 is ok/a fun casual romp" to "DS3 is pretty cool, I really like it, I don't need to sleep."

Hehe, that seems to be the trend in the DSIII forums:

:aiee: ---> :unsure: ---> :wowey:

That's strange because most games do the opposite, whereby they lull you into a false sense of security before showing their true colours.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So, still managing about an hour or two of arkham asylum every day, before I just get bored of it. The combat system is a bit more fun now that I get jumped on by massive amounts of mooks, but I still haven't managed to chain a combo longer than 13 just because I've had everybody down for the count at that point. :unsure:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's strange because most games do the opposite, whereby they lull you into a false sense of security before showing their true colours.

The demo was the very beginning of the game.

Of an Obsidian game.

And there were sidequests and other stuff cut.

The demo was the very beginning of the game.

Of an Obsidian game.

And there were sidequests and other stuff cut.

It seems to be the norm with Obsidian games, Alpha Protocol and NWN2 had the same slow start for me before picking up steam. FO:NV is the only game that I felt really started off with a bang.

But hey, way better than the alternative.

Not that I'm an achievement whore by any standards, but I've played the game for about 3 hours now and haven't received a single achievement for Dungeon Siege 3. Yowser. I guess I'm so used to getting an achievement for just killing the first enemy in most games that I assume something is wrong with my game or that it's bugged:)

Not that I'm an achievement whore by any standards, but I've played the game for about 3 hours now and haven't received a single achievement for Dungeon Siege 3. Yowser. I guess I'm so used to getting an achievement for just killing the first enemy in most games that I assume something is wrong with my game or that it's bugged:)

There were reports of a bug with this on the PC. I do not know if it's been fixed.