What are you playing now?

I don't believe there is preload. But Europe got it on Friday.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

..didn't think to look at Orcho's "from" tag. :D

Oh well, but that's ok...I have a ballgame to watch anyway. I'll have it soon enough.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I purchased it 40 minutes ago and it is pre-loadable. Of course maybe that was just for today. Dunno. Not taking too long, must not be too huge.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My Dungeon Siege 3 shipped an hour ago. Good luck meeting release date, Amazon!

I wish FEAR 3 had a preload. It's supposedly releasing in four hours, if the counter is accurate.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm about to start playing DS3. This means I'll probably be away from the forums for a little while...I'll be playing a game intensely.

Till that point I had played Alpha Protocol. I figured out, you know, I think I like being a bad guy once in a while.

Afterall, killing all your friends, then Leland, and riding off into the sunset...making sarcastic remarks while wasting them all...I loved the sarcasm...but it's totally evil...fit my mood just right. Then I think about it, being evil just fits Michael, doesn't it.

Now off to DS3.

I'm having fun playing DS3 even w/my hands/control issues. Much better when you don't start off with levels & all those skills from the get-go like in the demo.

Morgoth sure loves his dodgy, legally-borderline website. :thumbsup:

If it wasn't legal the site would have been shut down and my Steam Account locked.

It is a slightly questionable website, which is why I haven't used it...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Interesting website!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On a whim, Icewind Dale. I'm sure I won't make it very far into the "here's yet another map full of near-identical encounters for you to slog through" stage, but party creation and bouncing around Easthaven is still entertaining. The town has some more clever writing than I remembered.

Went with a 5-person group: Fighter, Fighter/Cleric, Fighter/Thief, Druid, and a Fighter that I'll dual to Mage at level 3. I considered starting the Druid as a Fighter, too, but my die-roll patience is not unlimited-- getting a character who can make that switch (min 15 STR, 15 CHA, 17 WIS) with enough DEX and CON to get AC and HP boosts takes a lot more re-roll clicking than I'm willing to attempt. I also considered filling the 6th spot with a Bard, but, although they are generally good additions in IWD games, I didn't feel like dragging some poncy minstrel around the frozen north. Instead, I lucked into an extra-good roll when making my pure Fighter, so I gave him a high CHA to handle the shopping and chatting. (He's also a gnome, and because of this every commoner in Easthaven assumes that he's Fiddlebender, the only gnome they've heard of.)

Biggest annoyance so far: The soundtrack doesn't loop while in party creation.

The original Dungeon Sieges turned out to be not so fun for me. So I just skipped ahead to DS3.

It's fun so far but the controls just don't feel smooth enough on keyboard and mouse. I think the characters attack to where your mouse pointer is, but when it gets hectic you lose track and end up attacking and using special attacks in stupid directions. This is compounded when you move your mouse towards the edge of the screen in combat, the camera spins, so you end up even more disoriented.

I think it'll play better with a controller.

I think my 2nd run through DS3 will be on Normal. I wanted to see what Hardcore was like & how I'd fare, but after that I think for this game I'll prefer it being a simple mindless romp, like I usually want my action-rpg's to be. :lol:

Played the first interval in F3AR. Honestly it seems fairly solid gameplay wise, although I haven't tried it with a co-op partner (I'll probably drag Tale into it at some point). Doesn't REALLY have a story quite yet as it basically starts with you escaping a prison with help from the "family" to find Jin from the first game (who was offed in the expansions which aren't continuity according to monolith)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.