What are you playing now?

I picked up Alpha Centauri on GoG and have been dumping hours into that, it's a shame that they didn't keep updating it. ;)

Yup, I have my original cd's with the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack.. and I still keep getting distracted for hours by that game..

Some day they'll make a sequel. Then again, maybe I'd rather they didn't.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I picked up Alpha Centauri on GoG and have been dumping hours into that, it's a shame that they didn't keep updating it. :(

Yup, I have my original cd's with the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack.. and I still keep getting distracted for hours by that game..

Some day they'll make a sequel. Then again, maybe I'd rather they didn't.

Yeah, the odds are they'd Civ5 it.. ;)

(note, while i enjoyed some aspects of Civ 5..something just didn't click right)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

been playing a fair bit of League of Legends

mainly to help a friend keep his sanity. he gets insanely frustrated with how moronic people can be in-game, so he knows that if i'm on the team at least he has one other person who knows what they're doing

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Hm, I have been re-playing ME2.. got all the companions, but before running the loyalty missions I decided to do Lair of the Shadowbroker.. completed it, get the Mission Report sequence..and then the game crashes out. Dang it.

I finished Half Life 2 after a LOOONG pause. The design was poorly thought-out and it often felt like Valve was more concerned about showcasing their tech than making a game, but I still had some fun with it, especially in those cases were they nailed the new mechanics (e.g. gravity gun, the levels with the antlions). Plus, atmosphere-wise, this is one of the best games I ever played.

Found that unopened Arkham Asylum I've had for a year or something. Now taking it for a whirl (instantrimshot).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Alice sequel is great. I like it (much) better than the first game so far. Art direction, voice-over and music are beyond excellent, level design about the same.

I miss some of the funky weapons from the first game, but they made up for it with enemies that take some strategy to defeat, while in the first game it was just either slashing everything to death, or throwing jacks at everything.

Only complaint is that I can't run it with PhysX enabled, since it turns my framerate into the low 20s for some reason.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Played coop Borderlands for 7 hours straight yesterday - it's actually a really fun game with friends. I played as Brick - and I usually loathe playing tank/brawler characters, but the berserk ability (and the ensuing incoherent babbling and mayhem) is hilarious.

I think

is a good representation of playing Brick.

Edit: (thank you Deathdealer :))

Fortune favors the bald.

but the berserk ability (and the ensuing incoherent babbling and mayhem) is hilarious.

HRA-HRA-HRARRAUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, I think I'm going to have to reload an earlier save to my ME2 from before I went on the Lair of the Shadow Broker escapade.. dang it.

I'll try doing various other things before going back to it.. and seeing if it still crashes at that spot.

What's kind of annoying is checking all the forums about it...and no-one has that specific problem. All of the LotSB related crashes are for people returning to Illium and entering the hallway by Liara's office. No-one seems to have had this gimp up their game by crashing out between the mission report and returning to the Normandy. :)

Played coop Borderlands for 7 hours straight yesterday - it's actually a really fun game with friends. I played as Brick - and I usually loathe playing tank/brawler characters, but the berserk ability (and the ensuing incoherent babbling and mayhem) is hilarious.

I think

is a good representation of playing Brick.

Edit: (thank you Deathdealer :dancing:)

All i thought about when I saw that was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iQAIMcWbk

and TF2's heavy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished the first Dungeon Siege. The ending was terrible! Should have expected that considering how paper thin the story had been to that point. The game's strong point is it's no loading seamless world. You just walk down into a cave and out into the mountains or a swamp. I'm off to play the expansion Legends of Aranna. Any advice for party composition? I pretty much went with 8 players through the first game which made it very easy. Is it better to go with a smaller party for faster levelling?

mainly to help a friend keep his sanity. he gets insanely frustrated with how moronic people can be in-game, so he knows that if i'm on the team at least he has one other person who knows what they're doing

Same for me. Unless there's at least one competent team mate with me, I refuse to play.

I finished Half Life 2 after a LOOONG pause. The design was poorly thought-out and it often felt like Valve was more concerned about showcasing their tech than making a game, but I still had some fun with it, especially in those cases were they nailed the new mechanics (e.g. gravity gun, the levels with the antlions). Plus, atmosphere-wise, this is one of the best games I ever played.
You mean the 'bunny hop with trash on the beach' antlion level, or the beginning of Nova Prospekt?

If the former, that game has driven you mad. Maaaaaaad.

You mean the 'bunny hop with trash on the beach' antlion level, or the beginning of Nova Prospekt?

I would stab that level in the eye if I could.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have never met a person that liked that level. Considering all the developer commentary about changing things around because of player reactions it makes you wonder how the hell that section made it through intact.

I have never met a person that liked that level. Considering all the developer commentary about changing things around because of player reactions it makes you wonder how the hell that section made it through intact.

Tbh I'm fond of it for some reason. :lol:

I also like Water Hazard and Highway 17.

Guest Slinky

Tbh I'm fond of it for some reason. :o

I love that level -_-

Probably the biggest reason why I really like HL2 is that it constantly throws something different at you, it never ever feels like it's repeating itself.

Dug up my Final Fantasy 13 for a bit, not much.

I can see myself digging into that again pretty quick.

Also dug up some Post Mortems of the game and it's pretty funny to read as they basically read

"What went wrong:

We really didn't have a clue about what the completed project should be. All our teams worked on their own bits of the game without really talking to the other teams that much.

What went right:

When we were ordered to create a demo for the Advent Children DVD release, we actually found our clue!"

That's right, up until near the very end FFXIII was basically each of the design teams going nuts without a unified idea. The leaders were working more on the basic engine that would be running all of the other projects that were built with the game (the "Fabula Nova Crystallis" project). This also meant that hey didn't know the system specs at the start of development.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have never met a person that liked that level.

I liked that level. Generally I dislike respawn mechanics but Half-Life 2 allow save anywhere feature, thus I don't have to repeat any sections of the game. Also in this case platforming (like accurate jumps or building pathways) is enjoyable experience, rather then something you have to do again and again. I don't remember if I've actually died in that level, but it would have been significantly worse under your usual consolization "save point" system.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Same for me. Unless there's at least one competent team mate with me, I refuse to play.

i play a pretty damn good Janna, so most of the time i can keep stupid people alive

it's just frustrating when you have all 4 other team mates instalock ranged dps and demand mid -_-

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!