What are you playing now?

Also : EVE, finally got another CS (and enough ISK to get it). Off to W-space with it, going to set up a POS (which means a lot of tedious setting up of SS) with my corp. Plan to set it up as a Mining booster, helps our Orcas and Hulks out.

*snicker*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BFBC2 SP. So far is pretty fun, sure wish my squad would do stuff, but oh well. Engine sure is pretty too.

You think... You... You think frostbyte 1.0 waaas PRETTY! ****! It defined butt ugly.

GreenDragon: BFBC2 = Battlefield Bad company 2.

Is 1.5 no ? Doesn't seem butt ugly to me, at least in the jungle levels. Maybe it gets crappy later on, either that or I'm accustomed to things being on low settings. Also, the game's been out for how long, some people here have played it, and there's also google, sheesh, it's like /. ;)

1.0 - 1.5 - 8.942 Doesn't matter, first iteration wasn't special really.

The opening few levels are well executed, smoke and mirrors well used, you can actually tell which levels were outsourced, because the drop in quality of the artwork is grim.

The engine itself isn't special though, Frostbyte 2 is a whole different story.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well that level where you avoid freezing to death was a nice gimmick, albeit easy. Dragging on through the SP, game still looks pretty decent through my plebeian eyes. Should probably give MP a go, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Replayed Mass Effect in anticipation of the third...holy crap is this game not as great as I remembered. The controls are super bad and the level design is just boring.

I have to say as I replay ME2.. it's some of the quirky side-missions you find on some planets that work the best. The ones that shift the pace, such as the crashed starship hanging on the edge of a cliff... There's just something about them that fleshes it out more then if every moment was the cover-n-gun gameplay.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So why don't you like the InFamous 2 demo exactly? First game was great.

The main character is an unlikeable Joe you would pick up on the streets. The powers are boring and remind me of stupid X-Men. The design is lazy, and overall it lacks direction. At least the technology was kinda impressive, but really, this game is the epitome of average. It's like the developers don't even want to try to put more creativity and effort into their games. Or maybe they just suck.

If I'd be a game developer I'd be quite pissed to pour 3 years of energy and heartblood into a game just to realize it didn't have any impact on the market. Nada. It's a pure waste of time.

infamous 1 was pretty fun, i wrote a review for it a while ago. it was not good enough to make me want a sequel though, especially a sequel that is only just as good, or maybe a little better or worse.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Infamous 2 is better than the first. I don't know how the demo compares, but Cole actually sounds like he's a happier cookie.

As I mentioned before, it does feel a little spread thin

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i am playing Final Fantasy 6 again. started it on a plane flight, now im doomed to finish it.

having a hard time picking my next game though. Im hankering for a fantasy rpg type game, but one with lots of character building/class choices. I'm a little burnt out on diablo 2 and guild wars, which are normally my go-to games for that sort of thing.

any suggestions? maybe i should just be patient until dark souls and skyrim...

Funny you mention Final Fantasy at all really... I've been playing the remake of the original on my PSP (I own the original NES version on my Wii too).

While my major gripe with FF is always going to remain the same, random bloody battles every two damn steps, I came at the game thinking of the era of its creation ('87). For its time, I actually think the overall design is genius - The closest thing to it, at the time, has to be the original Zelda.

Anyways - After many years of hating Final Fantasy as a series (I tried to love FF7 when it was release on PC, and I tried a few of the games via emulation - I remember 4 keeping me a little bit busy), I'm finally starting to get it, the fun isn't in the combat, its in the exploration of the world (atleast in FF1) - I have FF2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 queue'd up as I'm genuinely interested in paying attention to the games progression over the years. I don't know how far I'll get before I get burned out on the franchise, but I've finally warmed to it, I wouldn't say I love it but I've become very fond of FF1.

whoa just noticed this.

yeah i tend to agree, the fun of final fantasy games of yesteryear (6-9 in particular) is the exploration of the gameworld. they aren't fleshed out or realistic, but instead are very much like an abstract (at best zelda-like) of a fleshed out world. there are cities and caves and hidden places and lots of little things to find. for some reason, the people who make final fantasy lost sight of that when it came to the FF games after 9. I'd probably recommend skipping them altogether, as 6-9 are really the pinnacle of FF design. (some obvious issues with 8, but that game has enough strong points to make it worth playing).

if anything, the things that people hate about JRPG's didnt apply to final fantasy imo until FF10. which is when the series began it's rapid decline anyway.

i say this constantly but the best FF games are 6 and 7, then 9, then 8. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to 6, and really really urge you to keep with the series until you finish that game. 7 is the game that brought FF to the mainstream, but 6 is the game that really nailed every aspect of what the console rpg was all about.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

After buying Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on impulse I've felt obligated to finish Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2, which I had on the PlayStation 3 before. Playing through the first one seems to be more a chore than fun, but thankfully I don't find the impulse to do things like killing the templars or finding all the flags. I only have two targets left, so it should be over very soon.

With Dungeon Siege III released I'm not sure whether I'll jump straight into AC2, but I guess I will be playing it along with DS3 in the coming weeks.

i am playing Final Fantasy 6 again. started it on a plane flight, now im doomed to finish it.

having a hard time picking my next game though. Im hankering for a fantasy rpg type game, but one with lots of character building/class choices. I'm a little burnt out on diablo 2 and guild wars, which are normally my go-to games for that sort of thing.

any suggestions? maybe i should just be patient until dark souls and skyrim...

Funny you mention Final Fantasy at all really... I've been playing the remake of the original on my PSP (I own the original NES version on my Wii too).

While my major gripe with FF is always going to remain the same, random bloody battles every two damn steps, I came at the game thinking of the era of its creation ('87). For its time, I actually think the overall design is genius - The closest thing to it, at the time, has to be the original Zelda.

Anyways - After many years of hating Final Fantasy as a series (I tried to love FF7 when it was release on PC, and I tried a few of the games via emulation - I remember 4 keeping me a little bit busy), I'm finally starting to get it, the fun isn't in the combat, its in the exploration of the world (atleast in FF1) - I have FF2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 queue'd up as I'm genuinely interested in paying attention to the games progression over the years. I don't know how far I'll get before I get burned out on the franchise, but I've finally warmed to it, I wouldn't say I love it but I've become very fond of FF1.

whoa just noticed this.

yeah i tend to agree, the fun of final fantasy games of yesteryear (6-9 in particular) is the exploration of the gameworld. they aren't fleshed out or realistic, but instead are very much like an abstract (at best zelda-like) of a fleshed out world. there are cities and caves and hidden places and lots of little things to find. for some reason, the people who make final fantasy lost sight of that when it came to the FF games after 9. I'd probably recommend skipping them altogether, as 6-9 are really the pinnacle of FF design. (some obvious issues with 8, but that game has enough strong points to make it worth playing).

if anything, the things that people hate about JRPG's didnt apply to final fantasy imo until FF10. which is when the series began it's rapid decline anyway.

i say this constantly but the best FF games are 6 and 7, then 9, then 8. I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to 6, and really really urge you to keep with the series until you finish that game. 7 is the game that brought FF to the mainstream, but 6 is the game that really nailed every aspect of what the console rpg was all about.

I intend to keep with it.

Like I say, I played 7, years ago for a while, and I hated it with a passion, though its highly acclaimed so we'll see this time around now that I've found joy in the exploration part.

I'll do a write up on my thoughts when I get done with the first one, like I say... I'm enjoying it, I still find the combat boring, I'm hoping it starts to become a little more complex.

I don't know what they changed with FF10 to make it bad, because frankly, the random battles will always suck.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I picked up Alpha Centauri on GoG and have been dumping hours into that, it's a shame that they didn't keep updating it. :(

Yup, I have my original cd's with the Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack.. and I still keep getting distracted for hours by that game..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."