What are you playing now?

I've unexpectedly been having a lot of fun with FO:NV lately, so now I'm waiting for Old World Blues.

Considering the hacking debacle at Bethesda though, who knows when it will come out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I had a moment of weakness yesterday. I went ahead and purchased Drakensang: River of Time, the DLC/expansion, and pre-ordered Dungeon Siege 3, and Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. All while Alice is set to release tomorrow. And I just went back to playing Runaway 3.

Also two seasons of Babylon 5, but that's not a game.

I know what you're thinking. "He only bought Duels for the hats!" Not true, the 2011 edition was tons of fun. I pre-ordered for the hats. I probably would have bought eventually.

But this is why I have a backlog.

Your backlog is pitiful at the side of my own. I would wager a huge amount of money on it.

If I had a black cat, you'd have a panther called Midnight :)

Nah, I'd have a game with a panther in it called Midnight - I probably have somewhere.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I loved Resistance 1, I did not care for Resistance 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Resistance 2 lost a lot of the 1940s feel. Resistance 1 literally felt like World War 2 against aliens. Resistance 2 spends more time inside alien bases and secret military facilities. I think the change from Europe to America is responsible for large parts of that.

Then there's the talking Hale, which really takes me out of him. Petty complaint.

Non-petty complaint is that it was too dark. Way too many areas that are pitch black just because they can be. And how Resistance 1 kept putting you with infantry assaults. Where Resistance 2 keeps pairing you up with invincible commandos who are worthless.

i am playing Final Fantasy 6 again. started it on a plane flight, now im doomed to finish it.

having a hard time picking my next game though. Im hankering for a fantasy rpg type game, but one with lots of character building/class choices. I'm a little burnt out on diablo 2 and guild wars, which are normally my go-to games for that sort of thing.

any suggestions? maybe i should just be patient until dark souls and skyrim...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Spent a few hours playing ME2.. First time I've actually kicked it off from the very beginning with all the dlc as well..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm playing as an apparently insane little girl running around with a kitchen knife.

I'm playing as an apparently insane little girl running around with a kitchen knife.

Alice?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dungeon Siege 1 in prep for DS 3. Am not sure I can make it through all the DS games (DS 1, Legends of Aranna, DS 2 & Broken World) before DS 3 hits.

Random thoughts.

-Inventory management sucks. You can have a party of up to 8 characters and keeping them all updated with the latest goodies sucks.

-I love how the game has no load times. Its kind of like a linear Oblivion where you traverse this huge world with no load points.

-The story isn't told very well. I'm starting to see why Obsidian chose to do a DS game. The world is not very fleshed out.

-I love the pause feature for issuing commands like Baldur's Gate.

I hope DS 2 is a big improvement.

I've been having an absolute blast with this: http://www.ragingmole.com/RTC/index.html

It's basically the old Dungeon Master game, but in a new engine (it uses all the old assets). I only finished the original game on my Amiga 500 once years ago, because it was so hard. heh. That said, almost finished with Level 5!

Man, I forget what it was like to die so much in a game. <3

i am playing Final Fantasy 6 again. started it on a plane flight, now im doomed to finish it.

having a hard time picking my next game though. Im hankering for a fantasy rpg type game, but one with lots of character building/class choices. I'm a little burnt out on diablo 2 and guild wars, which are normally my go-to games for that sort of thing.

any suggestions? maybe i should just be patient until dark souls and skyrim...

Funny you mention Final Fantasy at all really... I've been playing the remake of the original on my PSP (I own the original NES version on my Wii too).

While my major gripe with FF is always going to remain the same, random bloody battles every two damn steps, I came at the game thinking of the era of its creation ('87). For its time, I actually think the overall design is genius - The closest thing to it, at the time, has to be the original Zelda.

Anyways - After many years of hating Final Fantasy as a series (I tried to love FF7 when it was release on PC, and I tried a few of the games via emulation - I remember 4 keeping me a little bit busy), I'm finally starting to get it, the fun isn't in the combat, its in the exploration of the world (atleast in FF1) - I have FF2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 queue'd up as I'm genuinely interested in paying attention to the games progression over the years. I don't know how far I'll get before I get burned out on the franchise, but I've finally warmed to it, I wouldn't say I love it but I've become very fond of FF1.

Guest Slinky

I'm in really unusual situation, there's a lot of games I'd like to play but I'm waiting something for all of them.

- Witcher 2 is waiting 1.3 patch so I can play it without black borders

- Fallout: New Vegas is waiting the last two DLC and some mods to be finished, I'd really like to play it from start to finish as "complete" as possible

- Civilization 5 is on it's way from play.com, which usually takes it's time, not the fastest store I know

- Minecraft is having some serious performance issues, caused by the 1.6 patch and/or graphic drivers, waiting for a fix

- Project Zomboid is showing a lot of potential, but is way too work in progress currently

Meh.

Alice?

Correct. The first one, actually. Which I have to launch from within the second one even though it runs its own program.

Alice?

Correct. The first one, actually. Which I have to launch from within the second one even though it runs its own program.

You can still play those games outside of the Origin client though, right?

Alice?

You can still play those games outside of the Origin client though, right?

Correct, sir. Origin's kind of flaky, so unless you want the web browser, it's probably the better bet. It seems to automatically hook into Origin if Origin is running, but if it isn't, it runs without. The habit of Origin to randomly decide to crash on startup of a game (or maybe Alice's habit of crashing when hooking into Origin) makes this a good function.

BFBC2 SP. So far is pretty fun, sure wish my squad would do stuff, but oh well. Engine sure is pretty too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BFBC2 SP. So far is pretty fun, sure wish my squad would do stuff, but oh well. Engine sure is pretty too.

You think... You... You think frostbyte 1.0 waaas PRETTY! ****! It defined butt ugly.

GreenDragon: BFBC2 = Battlefield Bad company 2.

Edited by Nightshape

You think... You... You think frostbyte 1.0 waaas PRETTY! ****! It defined butt ugly.

GreenDragon: BFBC2 = Battlefield Bad company 2.

Is 1.5 no ? Doesn't seem butt ugly to me, at least in the jungle levels. Maybe it gets crappy later on, either that or I'm accustomed to things being on low settings. Also, the game's been out for how long, some people here have played it, and there's also google, sheesh, it's like /. :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra