What are you playing now?

Fallout and Fallout New Vegas is what I am playing.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Gave up on The Witcher 2. Mass Effect 2 effectively killed my interest in corridor shooters and the prologue of TW2 plays like one :(

Dug out Disciples II to supplement my current game of Fallout: New Vegas.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A friend of mine persuaded me to join him for a bit of free Champions Online MMO playing. As a game, it's a complete joke. Utter and complete rubbish with production value so low, it makes your average indie game look like a AAA production. Only in the world of MMO's could you get away with this kind of crap.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In My Day... MMO meant muddy multiplayer outside. The production values came down to whatever you could imagine a stick was.

EDIT: It was boring as hell, but at least there was no level grinding.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tropico 3, random whim. May get BC2 today too to further kill time. Mind you, should do something PRODUCTIVE with my time maybe,

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

MMOs are games developed by failed designers that could never bother learning how to use narrative in an intelligent manner, or even how to write a basic story. It's a number crunchers genre. And a complete waste of time.

Why so angry? Did you get kicked from your guild yesterday?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Saboteur. Some rough edges here and there but still enjoying it more than I enjoyed GTA4. Driving the cars is easy, controlling Sean is much better than controlling Niko and combat is also more fun. A shame the studio is no more.

The Saboteur. Some rough edges here and there but still enjoying it more than I enjoyed GTA4. Driving the cars is easy, controlling Sean is much better than controlling Niko and combat is also more fun. A shame the studio is no more.

It's certainly the best non-FPS WWII-themed game out there, along with Velvet Assassin.

Bit over-the-top at times, but never excessively so. Also, excellent use of colour and great music. RIP Pandemic.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I had a moment of weakness yesterday. I went ahead and purchased Drakensang: River of Time, the DLC/expansion, and pre-ordered Dungeon Siege 3, and Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. All while Alice is set to release tomorrow. And I just went back to playing Runaway 3.

Also two seasons of Babylon 5, but that's not a game.

I know what you're thinking. "He only bought Duels for the hats!" Not true, the 2011 edition was tons of fun. I pre-ordered for the hats. I probably would have bought eventually.

But this is why I have a backlog.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had a moment of weakness yesterday. I went ahead and purchased Drakensang: River of Time, the DLC/expansion, and pre-ordered Dungeon Siege 3, and Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. All while Alice is set to release tomorrow. And I just went back to playing Runaway 3.

I know what you're thinking. "He only bought Duels for the hats!" Not true, the 2011 edition was tons of fun. I pre-ordered for the hats. I probably would have bought eventually.

Your backlog is pitiful at the side of my own. I would wager a huge amount of money on it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Your backlog is pitiful at the side of my own. I would wager a huge amount of money on it.

Only because I actually finish some of my games. Otherwise my backlog would beat up your backlog and leave it crying in an alley.

Only because I actually finish some of my games. Otherwise my backlog would beat up your backlog and leave it crying in an alley.

I didn't mean it like that.

More like, I have a massive backlog, that is probably bigger than your own, so don't worry about it... BUY AWAY!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

MMOs are games developed by failed designers that could never bother learning how to use narrative in an intelligent manner, or even how to write a basic story. It's a number crunchers genre. And a complete waste of time.

Video games are developed by failed designers that could never bother learning how to use narrative in an intelligent manner, or even how to write a basic story. It's a number crunchers industry. And a complete waste of time.

If I had a black cat, you'd have a panther called Midnight :ermm:

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm in need of a mental palate cleanser. So considering doing a fresh run through of ME2 when I get the free time..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Tried out the El Shaddai demo. Tycho was right. That thing is insane.

After playing HH & then "playing" just enough to make those two videos (I don't count that as real playing...), I'm burnt out on NV again.

The DS3 demo was fun for a couple runs...now I need something else. Either that or it's Netflix streaming marathon time again. Guess I could get around to buying DK on Gog and see how it fares on the Win7 rig.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's certainly the best non-FPS WWII-themed game out there, along with Velvet Assassin.

Thanks for the reminder... I bought Velvet Assassin on a sale a long time ago. Never got around to install it. Might give it a try some day. Since I bought the big box of GTA games, I think I'll start with GTA III (somebody shout 'stop' if I should try San Andreas or Vice City first).

Hey, I resemble that remark :p

Spent many years, many manhours (and many beers) being part of a team running MUD (before video games got graphics). Sort of MMO Zork ;)

Of course, I never had any ambitions of ever working in game development, but it was a fun experience. Ye gods, gamers are whiners when they are subjected to rebalancing and rule changes :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Spent many years, many manhours (and many beers) being part of a team running MUD (before video games got graphics). Sort of MMO Zork ;)

Which one?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Which one?

Which Zork or which Mud?

If the latter, it was called Deeper Trouble (incredibly, my 'Gorth' login still works after all those years), if the former, no Zork, just the style of text interface and area description.

Finished Runaway 3. Much better than 2. Glad they returned to what was successful in the first game.

Playing my Fallout 2 mod again lately, while working on it. Doesn't have any subtitle to Fallout 2 yet, because I really suck with thinking about a fitting subtitle. But beside this, I really wish progress would be faster, but oh well... Slow but steady. Finalizing the first location right now, which is a big milestone.

Maybe I should call it Fallout 2: Utah, but that would kind of miss the games theme. Besides, it's not fully set in Utah anyway.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."