Question about Co-op and Trophies/Achievements

Hello

I think about it to buy Dungeon Siege 3 for PS3 for me and my friend.

WE want to play that game in Online Koop.

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Is it possible, that we both get the trophies in co-op?

I read about that only the host can save the game process. But how about trophies?

Will all two players earn the trophies in Online Co-op ?

Thank you.

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

I read about that only the host can save the game process. But how about trophies?

Thank you.

Trophies are saved on both of your games. Check out the trophy list though. Some of them are pretty special.

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Thank you.

Trophies are saved on both of your games. Check out the trophy list though. Some of them are pretty special.

What I mean:

Only the host can save the game process, right?

So I want finish Dungeon Siege on the hardest difficulty together with my friend. Maybe within 1-2 weeks.

So we both will get the trophy for finishing Dungeon Siege on hardest difficult? Or only the host?

That is only an example.

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Thank you.

What I mean:

So I want finish Dungeon Siege on the hardest difficulty together with my friend. Maybe within 1-2 weeks.

So we both will get the trophy for finishing Dungeon Siege on hardest difficult? Or only the host?

That is only an example.

I believe everyone gets to keep ALL their trophies they get in co-op games, host or not (at least, that's what I've read in interviews).

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Thank you.

What I mean:

That is only an example.

I believe everyone gets to keep ALL their trophies they get in co-op games, host or not (at least, that's what I've read in interviews).

yeah but only the host can save the game process, right?

so a friend of me, who never played that game, could join my game in the last act and then he would get the trophy for finishing the game?

Its very important for me. ONly if both player get all trophies, only then I will buy the game.

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Thank you.

What I mean:

That is only an example.

so a friend of me, who never played that game, could join my game in the last act and then he would get the trophy for finishing the game?

Its very important for me. ONly if both player get all trophies, only then I will buy the game.

Yes, he gets it. Saving the Progress doesn't matter. Yours get saved too on the host for when you re-enter.

Edited by C2B

Hello

We are hunting Trophies.

My question now:

Thank you.

What I mean:

That is only an example.

Yes, he gets it. Saving the Progress doesn't matter. Yours get saved too on the host for when you re-enter.

And why u can know that?

So u are sure that both players in coop will get all trophies including platinum ?

Ok I change my question a little bit:

Is it possible to get the platinum trophy and all other trophies when I only play as guest in a online coop game?

Yes and No. Judging from achievements you can't get all of them in one runthrough but yes you can get it as a guest in an online co-op game.

I heard that all players get the achievements when they are in the game, even if they just join at the last minute.

IDK if is true but i hope the devs fix that in a future. Is not fair that some gamers unlock the achievements about levels so easy when they didn't reach it.

Edited by Tigranes
Link removed

A lil of replay value to answer your sarcastic question . If a gamer that is lv 3 or less unlock the achievement for reach 30 when join a player lv 29; there is a lil possibility that will not play the game the way is supposed to be played.

A lil of replay value to answer your sarcastic question . If a gamer that is lv 3 or less unlock the achievement for reach 30 when join a player lv 29; there is a lil possibility that will not play the game the way is supposed to be played.

My question really wasn't sarcastic. Are you saying that content is unavailable to people with less achievements? I'm asking a serious question here, I had a hard time understanding what you wrote.

I just don't get why a trophy would be a deciding factor for buying a game, I would imagine being able to play through the game with a friend would trump any need to collect trophies.

My question really wasn't sarcastic. Are you saying that content is unavailable to people with less achievements? I'm asking a serious question here, I had a hard time understanding what you wrote.

I just don't get why a trophy would be a deciding factor for buying a game, I would imagine being able to play through the game with a friend would trump any need to collect trophies.

There are those who genuinely like to play games for the sole purpose of getting every achievement/trophy that the game has. I have a friend who's like that... To be honest, I don't know how he does it. I would be bored to tears, heh.

As far as I know there are no in game rewards for collecting achievements for this game. There are some games, though, that do actually give in game rewards.

I heard that all players get the achievements when they are in the game, even if they just join at the last minute.

IDK if is true but i hope the devs fix that in a future. Is not fair that some gamers unlock the achievements about levels so easy when they didn't reach it.

I think its fair.

Because the guest can not save the progress.

And for all:

I enjoy to play that game with my friend but we are both Trophy Hunters. And its sad if only the host will get the trophies.

Alpha, I agree with you, but only if the guest can save the game process, too.

Or do u think it is fair, when I finish the game together with my friend in more sessions, but only he will get the trophie for finishing the game, because he was host?

I think its fair.

Because the guest can not save the progress.

And for all:

I enjoy to play that game with my friend but we are both Trophy Hunters. And its sad if only the host will get the trophies.

Alpha, I agree with you, but only if the guest can save the game process, too.

Or do u think it is fair, when I finish the game together with my friend in more sessions, but only he will get the trophie for finishing the game, because he was host?

You will get trophies as a guest. You will get trophies as a guest. You will get trophies as a guest.

This has been confirmed.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post.

Edited by C2B

My bad if i misunderstood the purpose of your question and sorry for my bad English( is no my first language). The addition of trophies/achievements in games was a bad idea IMO. As others said some gamers buy games/DLC's/maps just for the achievements/trophies . Some after reach all of them forgot completely about the game.

A friend of me already play that game.

And he told me that he joined a online Game in Co-op and he can not save his character. After he quit this match, he had no saves, no character, nothing. Omg so sad......

so its not possible to save his multiplayer charakter. thats really sad.

nobody will play in coop then, nobody. if u cant save anything??

Edited by steini0509

A friend of me already play that game.

And he told me that he joined a online Game in Co-op and he can not save his character. After he quit this match, he had no saves, no character, nothing. Omg so sad......

As far as I understand he gets said charachter back if he rejoins that game. Its saved on the host side.

Still this does not count for achievments which you will be able to earn. Otherwise its a bug as this was stated multiple times already.

The games really only laid out for co-op with friends rather than with strangers.

Edited by C2B

But he can not save items, experience, etc. he get in online matches. I thought u can save that.

It is really sad. So u play 20 hours with a friend and after that u have only Level 0 Characters.... -_-

Well there is really no point. The game has a level cap at 30 and you can't do anything else with that charachter after you have run through the game (Maybe in DLC's as it apparently makes a savegame at the end) . Its really just fun buddy co-op and not focused on it.

Edited by C2B