Did the PC demo show all the...

Has the PC demo already shown all the skill of the characters? As I've already hit 30 level with Lucas in the demo, I just wonder if I've got all the skills already. Does it only have 9 skills for each character only (3 skills for each stance only)?

Because I think I will be bored if I just use the limited various skills to pawn all the opponents repeatedly.

And I'm just wondering, is it possible to run through each instance repeatedly in one game (i.e. kill lord gunderic with reseting the place and play through it again) with the same character as I want to get different drops.

Thanks!

As I've already hit 30 level with Lucas in the demo,

How? Did you edit the game files somehow?

And no, characters stay in their own campaign so you can't grind the same guy 50 times. It seems like there will be some areas wher eenemies respawn, though.

As I've already hit 30 level with Lucas in the demo,

How? Did you edit the game files somehow?

And no, characters stay in their own campaign so you can't grind the same guy 50 times. It seems like there will be some areas wher eenemies respawn, though.

Out of curiosity, I used a software to adjust numbers in the PC demo.

As I was curious about those weapons and armors outlook (weapon shining effect/armor appearance), I adjusted the gold to buy all the things from the 1st town blacksmith.

And I adjusted the xp to see what skills I will have for Lucas once hitting the max Lv30. Then I discovered that I only got 9 visible skills for Lucas. And I found out that after I met Anjali, she will be also Lv30 that means the level of companions depends on your main character's level.

Edited by Icewindy

Ah, OK. Well the 9 skills are all the 'active' abilities there are, as far as we know - and of course, all 9 of them have a power-up version when you use the power sphere (shift, i think, in PC), which changes what they do - and then all 9 of those abilitiies can be further modified with the proficiencies, to make them have a combination of different effects.

she will be also Lv30 that means the level of companions depends on your main character's level.

This is expected for single player, though, these days. Wonder if that's the case for co-op - I hope not, though the characters won't be that different level-wise anyway.

Wasn't it said that if you play in coop and a new player jumps in, that he gets the same level as the others as well? Else it would result in having some higher level and a lower level player in the game, while the lower level one would have a clear disadvantage.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wasn't it said that if you play in coop and a new player jumps in, that he gets the same level as the others as well? Else it would result in having some higher level and a lower level player in the game, while the lower level one would have a clear disadvantage.

When we join a new coop game, do we have to set all the skill pts and talents pts again and again? That will be annoying.

Well, if you start a new game, you'll be level 1, so you won't have any points. I suppose if you keep dropping into random people's games and pick characters that were never played with, you'd have to level them up.

Well, if you start a new game, you'll be level 1, so you won't have any points. I suppose if you keep dropping into random people's games and pick characters that were never played with, you'd have to level them up.

No you don't. Based on the demo, the host will level and equip those character if no human player is playing them.

Single player companions work differently; you get full control. In co-op, you don't have to discover characters in the story, you can pick all 4 from the start; and, of course, the host can't fiddle with soemone elose's inventory.

Single player companions work differently; you get full control. In co-op, you don't have to discover characters in the story, you can pick all 4 from the start; and, of course, the host can't fiddle with soemone elose's inventory.

Single player and co-op is interchangeable at any time. When your co-op partner isn't there, you managed the inventory and abilities of all chars. Also, SP players CAN have all companions at the start. Just hit start on a second controller and then click quit for the second controller. Bing! you have a second AI companion at the start without having to rescue them.

Huh, interesting. I assume you've tried this in the demo yourself? It won't bother me when I co-op with friends & forumers, but that sounds annoying if you, well, play with strangers/morons.

Huh, interesting. I assume you've tried this in the demo yourself? It won't bother me when I co-op with friends & forumers, but that sounds annoying if you, well, play with strangers/morons.

I'm pretty sure this isn't how it works for online with different profiles.

Edited by C2B

Yup, tried it all in the demo. I'm not sure if its different in online, but the offline co-op on consoles follow this method which is awesome, just like Champions of Norrath and their like. If you do play with strangers/morons, you can just give them a sharp whack on the side of the head since they probably will be sitting beside you.

One further funny thing....

In conversations with NPCs, the non-main player can actually "VOTE" on what to say. A little icon will show on the conversation menu. I assume if more than 2 players are present, the voting system actually goes into effect. Else, in 2 player co-op, the main player's vote always takes precedence.

Getting back to the OP, other than the few vague comments I've seen, does anyone have some concrete confirmation that there will, in fact, only be 9 abilities for each character? If so, despite the fact that you can adjust those abilities, that's still pretty freaking weak for a top-down dungeon crawler. Torchlight had much more than that and it was a $20 arcade game.... Kind of makes Obsidian/Squareenix look lazy as hell.

Getting back to the OP, other than the few vague comments I've seen, does anyone have some concrete confirmation that there will, in fact, only be 9 abilities for each character? If so, despite the fact that you can adjust those abilities, that's still pretty freaking weak for a top-down dungeon crawler. Torchlight had much more than that and it was a $20 arcade game.... Kind of makes Obsidian/Squareenix look lazy as hell.

I think they were trying to make it easier for console players... It doesn't really bother me that much, personally, but more active skills would have been nice. =)