DSIII E3 2011 - Video Interview

Square Enix Members Fan Powered Q&A interview with the development team of Dungeon Siege III: featuring Alvin Nelson/Associate Producer, Matt Festa/Tech Designer, Andrew Dearing/Sound Designer, and Jean-Eric Khalife/Technical Artist

...If old, lock. Obsidian's DS3 forum suddenly became a horrible place to visit. I didn't read other threads which were recently posted.

Edited by funcroc

but what about MCA and Feargus?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I know, but he's at E3, so I was wondering why. just a visitor or "with a mission" :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Interesting note in the last interview is that Alvin mentions that there are parts of the game that are more "open" than what we see in the demo. Whether that means the areas themselves, or just options on where you want to go at any given time is unclear though.

Thanks funcroc.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Ugh, i hate seeing myself in interviews.

I'll fly across the world and do interviews for you instead :sweat:

Who are you in the video by the way? Will check it out now.

Is identical to his avatar. Good Interview :bat:

- Transcript of the video interview

- Icrontic: NVIDIA at E3 2011

Dungeon Siege III

Dungeon Siege III is another beautiful game, with many bright colors and saturated magical effects. Of course, this is all ruined by 3D glasses. The game looked far worse with the glasses on; yes, the trees popped out, and yes the rocks were 3D, but this is just not a compelling use case, especially for a game with a fixed field of view like Dungeon Siege. Without the glasses, the game looked fantastic, but there was some strange texture popping. I walked into an area and began walking down the path, and a monster approached. Right when I took my first swing, all the background objects popped into existence; the trees, the rocks, and the rest of the scenery. Strange.

Wow, I know myself and a lot of the team really enjoy the 3D in Dungeon Siege III. I don't think that guy likes 3D at all, I guess...

I just tested out the 3D. It looks great. The effect isn't too overused but still visible. Really subtle and nice. It also has a nice pop-out effect.

On co-op (or is this multiplayer), it's mentioned that a friend can "jump in" in the middle of your game, so the two of you can play together. My question is, can the host prevent this from happening? What if I don't want someone off my friends list joining my game in progress, for whatever reason. Is there a toggle/option where the host has to accept a player's game join before they can jump in?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On co-op (or is this multiplayer), it's mentioned that a friend can "jump in" in the middle of your game, so the two of you can play together. My question is, can the host prevent this from happening? What if I don't want someone off my friends list joining my game in progress, for whatever reason. Is there a toggle/option where the host has to accept a player's game join before they can jump in?

I'm guessing since the game uses Steamworks, this is a Steam thing to deal with. It does offer the option to block your friend, though.