51 members have voted

1. 1. Will U buy DS3?

• Yes
    • Not now, after tweaking
    • Never
  2. 2. Will U cancelled UR pre-order?

• Yes
    • No

Seems like really strange poll results. Two thirds of people, as of posting this at least, say they want to buy the game but an equal number when asked whether they'll cancel their pre-order are saying they will. How can people love a game but still want to cancel their order?!?!? Don't you either love OR hate something?

The poll forces you to choose an option for the pre-order bit. However, as I never pre-order games, that left me in a position of choosing between two options which don't fit my situation. I imagine this is true for many other people too.

I'll wait for a price drop.

Also pre-ordering games needs to stop. At least until developers add real incentive to pre-order (and I don't mean reatrdo land free in game items). Right now it's a really bad trade. If you wait a few months to buy DS3 you will get a patched up version for less than half the original price. Why pre-order? Pre-order is a developer/publisher scam that does not improve quality for gamers.

Hardly. The point of pre-orders is to reserve copies of games you know you want, 'cause retail shops tended to run out of new releases very fast.

While bonus items are small extras for pre-ordering, they aren't the main reason to do so.

Pre-orders tend to be their homework. It's not an unfair way to gauge public interest. Which I think is the primary purpose all along.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's a pox on gaming and its hurting quality. Release now fix later, lets hype our stuff up and pay some reviewers and get some pre-order sales and worry about all the bugs and lackluster gameplay later .... Pre-order only helps publishers and developers while hurting gamers.

Pre-ordering is right up there with streamlining on my list of crap that's not good for gaming.

Remember though guys ... These are just like, my opinions man. ::dude::

Hmm, interesting. Which do you think receives more pre-orders, physical copies or digital? I cant imagine retail stores running out of physical copies is any real impediment.

Why wouldn't they? I've seen books run out of stock.

I can't speak for other cities, but where I live the shop gets it's stock sent from their HQ/warehouse from the capital. If a game meets a greater demand than expected, they'd have to order new stock from there, which is a + day, which people don't necessarily want to wait for.

'Sides, why else would there be pre-orders? 'Cause people don't want to sit on their money for fear they spend it on something else? Still isn't a publisher scam.

As for your question, no idea. Digital is my guess.

I don't see anything wrong with pre-ordering games. There's an obvious profit motive for game publishers/distributors but (even before the pre-order craze) many times I have tried to buy a retail game on day 1 and had to search numerous stores just to find a copy. There's a clear incentive for me as a consumer to pre-order if I so wish.

There's value on both sides of the arrangement.

With that said I barely purchase anything at retail anymore (digital is my preferred method of getting games) and even the games I get at retail I normally don't pre-order.

Actually, a lot of companies base their stock on pre-orders. If they don't have enough pre-orders then they usually don't stock a good amount of the game. Why waste warehouse space if no one even wants to pre-order?

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...