Co-op play (one in each class)

In the "About" section of the DS3 website it says that co-op can only be played with one person in each class. What that sounds like, to me anyhow, is that you can have exactly one melee character, one ranged, one combat mage and one nature mage. Will this limitation also effect the PC version? Me and most of the people I play with prefer the melee class, so are we going to have to take turns playing melee? :getlost:

Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

In the "About" section of the DS3 website it says that co-op can only be played with one person in each class. What that sounds like, to me anyhow, is that you can have exactly one melee character, one ranged, one combat mage and one nature mage. Will this limitation also effect the PC version? Me and most of the people I play with prefer the melee class, so are we going to have to take turns playing melee? :huh:

Unfortunately each person will have to choose a different class/character each. That being said, Anjali can be built for melee pretty effectively, if you wish.

In the "About" section of the DS3 website it says that co-op can only be played with one person in each class. What that sounds like, to me anyhow, is that you can have exactly one melee character, one ranged, one combat mage and one nature mage. Will this limitation also effect the PC version? Me and most of the people I play with prefer the melee class, so are we going to have to take turns playing melee? :huh:

Thats not the biggest limitation to the multiplayer; the HOST is the only person who keep the progress if you play with them online (you don't keep the loot/ xp). If you want to play with random people online then dont buy this for the multiplayer.

All versions, each campaign is a separate instance with its own characters. In that instance you can drop in, drop out, switch characters, or if you missed out on a bit, autolevel to catch up, etc - but you can't export that character then take it into another game (i.e. take your level 30 character and jump in somewhere else and kill things).

All versions, each campaign is a separate instance with its own characters. In that instance you can drop in, drop out, switch characters, or if you missed out on a bit, autolevel to catch up, etc - but you can't export that character then take it into another game (i.e. take your level 30 character and jump in somewhere else and kill things).

So it wont even have an online only character server like Diablo 2, with characters that can only be accessed online for the sole purpose of multiplayer? Ouch.

So it wont even have an online only character server like Diablo 2, with characters that can only be accessed online for the sole purpose of multiplayer? Ouch.

No it won't.

I think best way to think of it is, you just have a single player campaign, except other people - whether local, or online - can join in to play with you, whether starting from the beginning or joining mid-way through. There is no multi-player 'world'.

Of course, with a level 30 cap, and no PVP/trade/etc, there won't be many reasons to import/export characters in the first place. You won't ever have a "I put 200 hours into this guy and I can't import him?" deal.

I think best way to think of it is, you just have a single player campaign, except other people - whether local, or online - can join in to play with you, whether starting from the beginning or joining mid-way through. There is no multi-player 'world'.

Of course, with a level 30 cap, and no PVP/trade/etc, there won't be many reasons to import/export characters in the first place. You won't ever have a "I put 200 hours into this guy and I can't import him?" deal.

Right. However, playing RPG's online aren't the same as playing FPS online. People that play RPGs online like being able to grow their character, and get loot while playing with others. Most of the fun in an RPG is upgrading your character.

Right now the game sounds like it's multiplayer is the same as Fable 2's which was a huge disappointment to many fans of the series and genre.

It's even weirder here, where what was a PC only franchise where the fanbase were PC players, is now a console game with what is basically a copy/paste PC port. Meaning the people that have been fans of the series the whole time don't even get to enjoy it as a proper PC game let alone a modern PC RPG with proper multiplayer.

That being said, I have of course only played the demo. Hopefully I'll enjoy the single player enough that I wont even care about doing multiplayer.

Right. However, playing RPG's online aren't the same as playing FPS online. People that play RPGs online like being able to grow their character, and get loot while playing with others. Most of the fun in an RPG is upgrading your character.

Haha even most FPS games now have persistent profiles/characters. So it's not even something that's limited to what was typically once only found in RPG games.

is this going to be changed at all b4 release i pre-ordered this game for the co-op.....this is a big limitation and will make me cancel the pre-order....

Tigranes how can i switch characters with the AI in the demo ???

You can't.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: