Things you liked about the demo

Post things you genuinly liked about the demo

From me:

Enjoyed story and dialouge. Especially the lorebooks (Always found the Empire of the Stars and Ehbs founding interesting. Yes, even for "generic" fantasy). And I'm glad they still kept the Causeway (And hopefully use it. Last we saw of it was in 2010). A fast travel system that is accomplished by wandering thorugh a different dimension/world sounds very cool) Can't tell much beyond that.

Oh yes, I loved the shelf story with the war in complete chaos because everyone used fast travel and they would fight each other all over without any real territory. o:)

What I also liked were the progressive quests. Get influence in town/gain new quests. I also hope they do something with gathering as much support for the legion as possible.

Combat was challenging and already shown some depth. Never made it on Hardcore to the ending without dying several times so thats encouraging to learn the system better.

Edited by C2B

I think the combat design is the real highlight, the stance system is very fun in practice - with buddy co-op & hardcore difficulty the resurrection mechanic will also make it even more tense. It's a pity this isn't backed up by enemies that have more 'punch' to them (i.e. look like they're running on solid ground instead of floating, though few games manage this), but the animations are nice to look at, too.

Quests / story is still unknown really, since most of the demo was the tutorial area. Game also looks quite good for the most part, with a couple of problems (character models).

I really liked the seamless transition from outdoor to indoor, as well as the change of lighting at certain spots. Those Houses felt actually really big, as well as the first cave. Combat was fun at the end, but I think I will play it with the controller on my PC. And I really love the art design of the cutscenes, althought the resolution could have been better. o:)

Edited by Bendu

The combat is the big highlight.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Your mission is to be ignored by people? I guess we all need a goal in our lives. o:)

Anyways, the thing I probably liked the most in the demo was the stance system. Think it works very well and is fun to use.

I also liked the abilities and skills a lot, though I find Anjali's to be a great deal more interesting than Lucas'.

Game has gorgeous art direction in terms of its environments.

Liked the fleshing out of the lore and think the story (what little we've seen of it) has a lot of potential.

Music is great.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I liked how smooth the game / demo is running + the transition from outside to inside locations (if there is a difference, engine wise). Also that fire woman, whatever the name was, looks nice when in hoover mode and burning hair. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Music

Lots of loot

Abilities and talents and the upgrades you can put in them

No Loading screens for area transition

this and this :

organized loot inventory screens.

you have a lil time to recover back loot that you did sell by mistake.

Edited by Alpha

Combat seems to be growing on me. I haven't given the demo a full shake yet, though. I noticed that when playing as the fire-girl, tossing down her fire special, then switching to her melee form made things fairly easy, but also a bit exciting. If the game favors more quick micro like that as I give it a harder look, then I can see really liking it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The OST, the combats, the inventory, how plays with controller of xbox, the graphic engine, now, obsidian do an excellent work of non-bugs...

But i don't like that; the map is an only way, is confirmed for the retail game?

Is DS3 going to have a open map, or not

I think the combat design is the real highlight, the stance system is very fun in practice - with buddy co-op & hardcore difficulty the resurrection mechanic will also make it even more tense. It's a pity this isn't backed up by enemies that have more 'punch' to them (i.e. look like they're running on solid ground instead of floating, though few games manage this), but the animations are nice to look at, too.

Quests / story is still unknown really, since most of the demo was the tutorial area. Game also looks quite good for the most part, with a couple of problems (character models).

This is the part I'm most interested in. The other stuff looks fine, but what will make or break the game for me, will be the story/quests.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The OST, the combats, the inventory, how plays with controller of xbox, the graphic engine, now, obsidian do an excellent work of non-bugs...

But i don't like that; the map is an only way, is confirmed for the retail game?

Is DS3 going to have a open map, or not

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Since I loved pretty much everything about the demo I will only list the one or two "niggles".

-Exiting the inventory should just be one click of the BACK button. The B can be used to back up one menu level.

-You can't zoom into the map, and I couldn't find a larger map anywhere. (Maybe this will show up in the full game?)

You can zoom the mini map a bit. It's down on the d-pad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: