Biggest problems of the game

I just finished playing the demo today. For me, this game is a huge disappointment and I won't buy it. (I was seriously considering to buy the game before the demo)

The biggest problems are

1) I just don't feel I'm hitting the enemies, it just feels like as if I'm just hitting the air and that kills the fun factor for me. That's why I'm bored while playing. The best feel of hitting is in Diablo series and Torchlight I think.

2) I hated the inventory screen, If the developers used just paperdoll inventory screen like in Ds1 and 2, it would be much much better for me.

3) While I liked the shadow and light effects and the mystical game world, the textures are below average, for example, the rocks look worse than 2006 game Titan Quest.

4) I just hated the controls and the camera, couldn't focus on the game while camera automatically zooms in and out!

5) I use Helmet but I can't see it on my character! That's really ridiculous in a 2011 game!

6) Numbers of skills seem so limited compared to Dungeon Siege 2.

Well, I wish Gas powered games made the Dungeon Siege 3 instead of Obsidian. :lol:

It was just one of the 2 games I have been seriously waiting...

Edited by themo

I just finished playing the demo today. For me, this game is a huge disappointment and I won't buy it. (I was seriously considering to buy the game before the demo)

The biggest problems are

1) I just don't feel I'm hitting the enemies, it just feels like as if I'm just hitting the air and that kills the fun factor for me. That's why I'm bored while playing. The best feel of hitting is in Diablo series and Torchlight I think.

2) I hated the inventory screen, If the developers used just paperdoll inventory screen like in Ds1 and 2, it would be much much better for me.

3) While I liked the shadow and light effects and the mystical game world, the textures are below average, for example, the rocks look worse than 2006 game Titan Quest.

4) I just hated the controls and the camera, couldn't focus on the game while camera automatically zooms in and out!

5) I use Helmet but I can't see it on my character! That's really ridiculous in a 2011 game!

6) Numbers of skills seem so limited compared to Dungeon Siege 2.

Well, I wish Gas powered games made the Dungeon Siege 3 instead of Obsidian. :lol:

It was just one of the 2 games I have been seriously waiting...

i think same

1) full accept

2) total accept

3) visual game is ok

4) cotrol its so bad i play demo only 10 min. i buy game only you fix game control [it primary problem BIGEST PROBLEM]

5) yes see helmet it prety ql but it's not bad or good

6) dont need 100 skills :) [but i accept themo]

4) cotrol its so bad i play demo only 10 min.

That's the problem, imo. While I agree that the controls aren't as efficient as it could be (on pc), you can get into it nontheless if you play it a bit longer than only 10 minutes and *try* to get it. I didn't liked the controls first as well, but now I've got used to it and it's actually pretty easy, even though I'd like to change some hotkeys.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hilarious thing is, I think the controller has a better control scheme, but I just can't get comfortable with it. I keep wanting to go back to the PC controls, because I've gotten used to them after half an hour.

I had a difficult time (on PC) getting a feel for how far away or close I had to be in order to hit things with my staff. Seems like you can be a lot farther away than I'd personally think.

I also didn't like how I had to be literally standing on top of an item before the little 'hand/interact' icon would pop up and I could pick it up. Is there a "show all loot' key or 'pick up all' key that I failed to notice? Guess I'll check that when I try the warrior.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember Dungeon Siege 2 had a nice feel of impact, much much better than this game. This factor is so important for an Hack n slash game that I just can't believe why the developers skip the most important part.

Anyway I just thank to Obsidian for releasing a Pc demo, if I didn't play the demo, I would definitely get this game and waste my 50$ then get upset and brake the dvd.

With those controls and feel of the game, I wouldn't even give 20$ for this game.

Dungeon Siege 2 ... feel of impact ... most important part.

finally someone explaining what's the most important part about the DS games :thumbsup: now all this complaining makes sense.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think the hitting feel's problem is there's no sound that hitting the creatures or items,like cutting flesh or striking metal

What you don't like the pew pew pew comming from your sword? lmao.

Seriously though, this takes away from the experience for me as well. It just doesn't feel satisfying to kill an enemy and thats a problem in an action rpg.

yes i agree about the lack of feedback on-hit.

a blood splatter effect or some sound effect. any visual or audio clue as to you actually hit something other than air is needed.

just doesnt feel right.

look at a game like god of war. it has massive amounts of visceral, tangible feedback when you hit things.

im not expecting over the top gore like some of those games. but i do expect something. but this game has nothing at all.

inventory felt fine to me. im used to seeing that type of inventory in the dungeon hunter series of games, which this seems a direct clone of.

visually the game looked fine to me. although anti aliasing doesnt work at all, and theres been no developer feedback that its a known issue and that they are even working on it.

i didnt notice about helmets. i didnt find one in my limited play of the demo.