Accepting quest rewards; actual gameplay choice?

The ability to refuse the monetary reward for quest completion has me wondering - is this just a roleplay thing for people to feel good about themselves, or is there a deeper gameplay decision system behind it? Have the developers stated anything about there being a delayed reward for not accepting the money?

I'm not sure anything has been mentioned by devs themselves, but there has been speculation that it will have effects for the Legion down the line. Like (and this is complete speculation here, so don't scream spoilers) maybe there's an ending slide and whether you have demanded money or not from people will affect how the Legion is viewed by the commoners or somesuch.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm not sure anything has been mentioned by devs themselves, but there has been speculation that it will have effects for the Legion down the line. Like (and this is complete speculation here, so don't scream spoilers) maybe there's an ending slide and whether you have demanded money or not from people will affect how the Legion is viewed by the commoners or somesuch.

I can't remember what preview said this, but I believe the big theme that DS3 focuses on is idealism versus pragmatism. Maybe it's choices like this that will affect how the Legion is not only rebuilt but how it's viewed in the future?

From what I saw, if you turn down the cash reward, you get something. Don't know if that something is random or fixed, but I think I always got something. Medallion, shield, something. But maybe you get that regardless. I haven't actually done a run where I took a reward.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

You get it regardless and it's a fixed item (still depends on which character you use though).

Yeah, this isn't what I meant. There's something else you get, though it may not be accessible in the demo.

I know, I was answering to MadMichael.

You get it regardless and it's a fixed item (still depends on which character you use though).

Yeah, this isn't what I meant. There's something else you get, though it may not be accessible in the demo.

Free coupons for back rubs from Obsidian Developers?!

Feat of strength ? :)

I would guess that we would receive some sort of Deed bonus at some point after what's shown in the demo.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I would guess that we would receive some sort of Deed bonus at some point after what's shown in the demo.

:)