This is a random RPG, not Dungeon Siege

you don't have to make two posts you know :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I told you he was just a troll lol

I know he is :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Less talking about each other, more talking about Dungeon Siege 3 in a balanced and polite fashion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

After sleeping on it, Obsidian probably made the right choice. They are banking that they will make more money selling DS3 as a console game and a PC afterthought rather than a PC first game. It's much easier for them to mold a game for console and release a generic console RPG than to go back and look at what made DS1 and 2 great and improve on it while keeping the same feel and playability. It just sucks for me since I dont own a console and loved both DS1 and DS2. They are banking on that people like myself and some others in this forum are in the minority and that the amount of people buying this for console only will outweigh the Dungeon Siege PC following being completely turned off and not purchasing the game.

I will say that I think PC sales of DS 3 will be fine or even great just due to the DS name. If however they ever decide to make a DS 4 (yea right), it will be such a collosal PC flop, they will write stories for generations to come :)

If however they ever decide to make a DS 4

can't wait to witness the fall of Obsidian by the hand of the mighty DS community

Walsingham said:

At this point I don't think it has much to do with the original DS fans at all...looking at PC centric forum and threads about this game it's looking pretty bad.

Check out steam's DS3 forum...it's brutal and half the posts are from people who never played the originals.

I'm more of a PC gamer myself, but for this game just going to have to forget about everything and play it on my 360.

Edited by Renevent

If however they ever decide to make a DS 4

can't wait to witness the fall of Obsidian by the hand of the mighty DS community

Reread what I wrote again and try as hard as you can to figure out all of the words instead of just a select few. Your 1 liners are awesome though. Keep them coming.

For any fans of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, this game is not the same. I almost feel like they had another RPG already made, bought the naming rights of Dungeon Siege from Gas Powered Games, and slapped on the title. Dont get me wrong, the game itself is not bad. Yes, the game is basically meant for consoles with the PC version being an afterthought (the irony), but it doesnt even remotely resemble either of its predessors. Sadly for me, my opinion only, the Dungeon Siege series is dead. Even if they made the controls for PC bearable, it still is just a completely different RPG than what fans of the series are used to. Again, its not a bad thing, I just wont be buying the game. Also, making the demo available for PC users was probably not the smartest move money wise. Had the demo not been released, my brother and I would have snatched up 2 copies just due to name recognition alone. Now, I doubt I touch this in the bargain bin 9 months from now.

I would love to end this post with some suggestions for the devs on things they can improve on, but "scrap everything" and start over just isnt constructive. Not angry, just massively dissappointed that the series is over.

I loved Dungeon Siege Series , I played it thru many times and I have played Icewind Dale series and the epic game Planscape Torment and of course Neverwinter Nights 2 both "Obsidian Exps" but not the last.

I'm really enjoying the Dungeon Siege 3 demo, so much I changed the shipping to overnight release date delivery!

Edited by ELVN2011

For any fans of Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, this game is not the same. I almost feel like they had another RPG already made, bought the naming rights of Dungeon Siege from Gas Powered Games, and slapped on the title. Dont get me wrong, the game itself is not bad. Yes, the game is basically meant for consoles with the PC version being an afterthought (the irony), but it doesnt even remotely resemble either of its predessors. Sadly for me, my opinion only, the Dungeon Siege series is dead. Even if they made the controls for PC bearable, it still is just a completely different RPG than what fans of the series are used to. Again, its not a bad thing, I just wont be buying the game. Also, making the demo available for PC users was probably not the smartest move money wise. Had the demo not been released, my brother and I would have snatched up 2 copies just due to name recognition alone. Now, I doubt I touch this in the bargain bin 9 months from now.

I would love to end this post with some suggestions for the devs on things they can improve on, but "scrap everything" and start over just isnt constructive. Not angry, just massively dissappointed that the series is over.

I loved Dungeon Siege Series , I played it thru many times and I have played Icewind Dale series and the epic game Planscape Torment and of course Neverwinter Nights 2 both "Obsidian Exps" but not the last.

I'm really enjoying the Dungeon Siege 3 demo, so much I changed the shipping to overnight release date delivery!

I'm curious, What exactly did you like about it?