PROBLEM: Game keeps on "Loading..."

So the demo that I've been waiting for came out today and I was super psyched about it, and just couldn't wait to try the game out... but apparently it just won't work for me. I don't know the reason (I hope it's not my old-ish PC) but I just feel torn apart. I've been waiting for this game for over 5 years (since I first finished DS2) and after all this time I can't believe I won't be able to run it.

My PC specs are as follows...

CPU: AMD Sempron 3600+, 2.00GHz

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

So the game basically keeps on "Loading" after I've started it. I start the demo, the intros for SE and Obsidian play and it gets to the part where it says "Loading..." and shows some tips which change every few seconds. And it loads and loads... and loads. And I just feel so sad while I keep watching it loading...

I tried every possible solution I could think of, but if you guys can think of ANYTHING that can help me out to play this demo, feel free to contribute by writing a reply! If you need any information about my PC or my settings please ask!

With a broken heart,

~ArcticFroggy

Your PC's specs aren't brilliant, but the game should run. How much RAM do you have?

Try settting all the game's configuration options to the minimum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've got 3GB RAM. And I'm aware that my PC is quite old. I'll try to get a new CPU by the end of this year since I'm having a lot of trouble running a fairly good amount of games that were released lately.

And could you help me out, by setting your in-game settings to the lowest possible and sending me the config file? If not I'll try to do my best with the config file, since I'm unable to get to the menu of the game...

I would, except I don't have the config files readily available. Perhaps someone else here can help you out.

Edit: Check file integrity through Steam. That helps, sometimes.

Heja Sverige!!

Update drivers, I guess.

Heja Sverige!!

Did you monitor your system at game load ? How are the cpu charges ? Memory ?

If you are at system limit, there won be many things to do to solve the issue, to my little knowledge outside of closing all the background applications : web browser, anti virus, all the 'pre loaded applications' and so on.

Did you monitor your system at game load ? How are the cpu charges ? Memory ?

If you are at system limit, there won be many things to do to solve the issue, to my little knowledge outside of closing all the background applications : web browser, anti virus, all the 'pre loaded applications' and so on.

Well I guess it's from my CPU. It's working on constant 100% when the game launches.

I guess I'm off to the shops then. Thanks for the help!

Well, CPU is ment to be close to 100% if the game is well optimised, but maybe not saturate. And the memory usage ? Sometimes only adding a bit of RAM can help.

I have 3 GB too and it works on my 2 GB Laptop, so thats probably not his problem.