PC Demo - Post your impressions.

Did you like the PC demo?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What were your thoughts?

• Loved it.
    • Good, but needs some tweaking.
    • Meh, didn't enjoy it.
    • Epic Fail.

Both aren't really known anymore for quality reviews, but if even they give the game such a good rating, it has to be better than average.

To round up the scores I've already found or heard about

1x 87

5x 85

2x 80

2x 74

2x 70

Mentioning that all of the review scores under 80% except one + a 85% score and a 80% came from different rating systems. The two 70 scores for example were from two french magazines that gave it 14/20. Its also pretty mixed in terms of how "professional" the score is. Though its al by people that played through.

Edited by C2B

Lexx, GameStar gave 80 % and PC Games 85 %.

Links?

No links, because those reviews were in the latest issue of these magazines. ;)

convenient

I hope you're not implying he's making those scores up.

Lexx, GameStar gave 80 % and PC Games 85 %.

Links?

No links, because those reviews were in the latest issue of these magazines. ;)

convenient

I hope you're not implying he's making those scores up.

Well, my experience on the internet is that when theres no evidence of something, its generally not there. idk either way; but it really doesn't matter I wanted to see why it got a good score, not just a number.

Well, my experience on the internet is that when theres no evidence of something, its generally not there. idk either way; but it really doesn't matter I wanted to see why it got a good score, not just a number.

How about checking out that thread by Bendu thats named "Reviews"? I know its a little out there but worth a shot. Don't you think?

How about checking out that thread by Bendu thats named "Reviews"? I know its a little out there but worth a shot. Don't you think?

No links, just a bunch of numbers, thanks.. I saw that already and thought the same thing I thought now (you guys aren't the most objective people I'be ever met; just saying)

Well this is good news, I hope it continues to get good reviews and the game is really solid past what the demo showed us.

Did any of the reviews mention how long the campaign is?

Edited by Renevent

People liking the game, IMPOSSIBLE!

We can't link to scans of the magazines because that's generally frowned upon in official forums. :p

I didn't say that; but many people here loved the game before they even had a demo. Those same people put up some numbers and thats supposed to be.. what? like I said I'll wait until they post some reviews from reliable sources ;)

Are you narcoleptic or something what with all those ;) emotes?

Did any of the reviews mention how long the campaign is?

Devs said it's around 25-30 hours.

If we go by Alpha Protocol -which was supposed to last 25-30 hours too-, that means 20-35 hours.

Those same people put up some numbers and thats supposed to be.. what? like I said I'll wait until they post some reviews from reliable sources ;)

Do some research, if you're so skeptical. One of those I managed to find as a PDF file. You can, too.

Apparently, Game Informer and PC Gamer also did reviews recently, I think the game is scored 8/10 and 85/100, respectively.

People liking the game, IMPOSSIBLE!

We can't link to scans of the magazines because that's generally frowned upon in official forums. :p

I didn't say that; but many people here loved the game before they even had a demo. Those same people put up some numbers and thats supposed to be.. what? like I said I'll wait until they post some reviews from reliable sources ;)

Ok, if you want. I don't trust YOU with a full magazine scan though so I only cut out the piece that proofs it. Check out your PMs.

Edited by C2B

Ok, if you want. I don't trust YOU with a full magazine scan though so I only cut out the piece that proofs it. Check out your PMs.

don't fall for his cheap tricks ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I see an 85...

not sure if serious.

Yes, I'm serious. Its pretty visible a magazine scan. It shows visibly "PC Games". It shows visibly (with zoom) a short listening of +/- points in german.

Edited by Tigranes

I see an 85...

not sure if serious.

Yes, I'm serious. Its pretty visible a magazine scan. It shows visibly "PC Games". It shows visibly (with zoom) a short listening of +/- points in german.

I'm not german... I see the number 85 the words PC Games (is that an alternate title?) and yeah..

Dungeon Siege got a 3!!! (source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/39160/)

AMIDOINITRITE?

Can't believe you fell for it C2B, he's having you for a laugh. ;)

Edit: And whatever and whoever the source is we don't care, please don't post magazine scans. Those people also have to earn a living, you know.

Can't believe you fell for it C2B, he's having you for a laugh. ;)

Fine. Just didn't really had him as that much of a troll before.

Seriously though, can you remove the image links from the posts Tigranes? Magazine Scans.

Edited by C2B

More interesting stuff from Nathaniel at SA:

Yeah, I'm not really thrilled with the demo either TBQH. I think that some of the restrictions make it hard to get a feel for what the game is really like. All I can say is, if the demo turned you off but you were otherwise interested in the game, take a look at the reviews of the full game. There's a lot of depth both to the gameplay and the story that you're not going to get from the demo.

Also, the Jeyne Kassynder thing... yeah. That problem actually ended up being introduced relatively late because we ended up cutting together some movies to make the introduction character specific (we originally just had one intro for all the characters, which was a lot less cool). So we worked on all these movies in parts, and then by the time we had the VO finally in and everything playing together, we realized that the dude says "Jeyne Kassynder" wayyyy too much in those intro videos and in the first hour of gameplay in general. Unfortunately we were pretty limited on the amount of edits we could do after getting the stuff back. I can say, though, that it gets better after the first hour or so.

We're also listening to the complains about the game in this and other forums and trying to address what we can. I'll let you know what we identify changing. Some things we're looking at right now are making it so that the camera doesn't rotate in the opposite direction when hitting S+ A or D, and defaulting Camera Auto-Orient to off. We've also fixed a couple startup crashes (mostly from playing the English version of the game with Windows set to certain other specific languages like Czech), and we're working on fixing some anti-aliasing issues for ATI cards.

There's some other stuff we're looking at but it's more risky and so I don't really want to promise it without knowing we'll get it in the retail game for sure.

Oh, also, we fixed a bug with our anti-aliasing code that was causing textures to get blurred out on at least the 360 version, potentially other versions too. So we're listening and fixing what we can.

The AI will prefer abilities that have more talent points put into them, so you can use that to sort of customize how they behave. We've done a lot of testing/iteration on companion AI but it isn't perfect so if there are specific situations where it seems like they're being dumb let us know here or in our forums and we'll see if we can improve it.

One thing that the AI will do is analyze the number of enemies they are fighting to select their stance. So it's likely that if she's getting swamped she's choosing to use Melee, which is her AoE stance, and that's outweighing her desire to use her more upgraded abilities.