mouse and keyboard problems

neoab

Question

i bought the game a few days ago, at first i couldn't play it because the activation window told me "i'm offline", and the activation website wouldn't work. so i installed a patch to make it work. after i finally got it to work, it worked for 10 minutes until i got to a lockpicking tutorial and i couldn't play it. all of the sudden my left mouse button wouldn't do anything and now it doesn't do anything even at the main menu and neither do the direction keys on my keyboard. (i can only leave the game by pointing the mouse at "exit" and pressing enter).

i couldn't find a solution to this problem, i tried many, and read a lot of forums but i couldn't find my problem.

i'm pissed i payed money for this game i'm never ever ever ever going to buy another obsidian game they are always filled with bugs and the sega support sucks (so i'm giving it a last chance here)

i'm running the game on windows 7 ultimate. (32 bit)

my processor is an intel core 2 duo e7400 2.80 GHz

2.00 gb ram

my graphic card is an ATI Radeon hd 4800 series

the patch was a 1.0 version, the 1.1 version crashed at startup.

i'd love to get some help!

(HELP MEEE!!!)

thanks in advance!

(everything that looked like my problem led me to "eyefinity" i don't have that, so please don't send me there..!)

4 answers to this question

i bought the game a few days ago, at first i couldn't play it because the activation window told me "i'm offline", and the activation website wouldn't work. so i installed a patch to make it work. after i finally got it to work, it worked for 10 minutes until i got to a lockpicking tutorial and i couldn't play it. all of the sudden my left mouse button wouldn't do anything and now it doesn't do anything even at the main menu and neither do the direction keys on my keyboard. (i can only leave the game by pointing the mouse at "exit" and pressing enter).

i couldn't find a solution to this problem, i tried many, and read a lot of forums but i couldn't find my problem.

i'm pissed i payed money for this game i'm never ever ever ever going to buy another obsidian game they are always filled with bugs and the sega support sucks (so i'm giving it a last chance here)

i'm running the game on windows 7 ultimate. (32 bit)

my processor is an intel core 2 duo e7400 2.80 GHz

2.00 gb ram

my graphic card is an ATI Radeon hd 4800 series

the patch was a 1.0 version, the 1.1 version crashed at startup.

i'd love to get some help!

(HELP MEEE!!!)

thanks in advance!

(everything that looked like my problem led me to "eyefinity" i don't have that, so please don't send me there..!)

(p.s i tried reinstalling the game 4-5 times, running it as admin, running it in a different compatibility mode, cleaning my reg, updating all my drivers praying and vudu)

I can't find any mention of a problem similar to yours. You don't mention this in your troubleshooting steps, but did you try starting from an earlier save or starting over altogether? Does it occur every time you get to the lockpicking minigame or have you just been reloading the same save after the problem started?

If it is occurring with a new save, I would recommend wiping the profile data for the game. It did work for you at one point.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't find any mention of a problem similar to yours. You don't mention this in your troubleshooting steps, but did you try starting from an earlier save or starting over altogether? Does it occur every time you get to the lockpicking minigame or have you just been reloading the same save after the problem started?

If it is occurring with a new save, I would recommend wiping the profile data for the game. It did work for you at one point.

i couldn't start over because the mouse won't work... i can't pass the part where i need to choose the type of agent =/

and it happened at the beginning of the game so i don't have any other saves..