FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Ulysses is blind, now?

He didn't blink, so maybe...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

He is too badass to blink even for a second. Or he just doesn't have any face animations. :>

It's good that they gave him a mask to cover his face, btw. He looks really dumb without it. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Picked up both Gun Runner's Arsenal & Courier's Stash. GRA wont be much use for me now that I'm pretty much right near the end of the game but it will be fun to check out some of the equipment and plan on what to buy in upcoming replays. Speaking of replays, I'm going to try a hardcore playthrough and the Courier's Stash will be a huge help early on.

Ok, so I bought the Gunrunners Arsenal DLC, but how do I 'find' it in the game? I mean, I got the text that I should seek out the Gunrunner representatives to see the new stash, but.. there has to be more to it than that, right? Where do I find the challenges, for example? I didn't just buy new weapons, right..?

I bought the Bozar in-game, but it feels a little cheesy. Don't know why.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

His face is literally a mask in-engine.

Yea, I've asked Chris Avellone about it last week, why they didn't used the hair alone, and he said that it looked ugly-- which I agree on, after seeing it in the GECK. Even the new face isn't that pretty without the gas mask.

About GRA: All new weapons can be found on various traders in the gameworld. It seems like ammo and stuff is also found in container loot in the normal game (and DLCs). The challenges are the "deal x damage with y" stuff that was in the main game as well.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Omg, I am an idiot. I was expecting the challenges to be sort of like mini-missions that I would get from the Gun Runner headquarters or something. Turns out it's just the same type of challenges that are already in the game.. I noticed this when I entered a cavern full of deathclaws and all of a sudden earned a couple of achievements/challenges just by trying to stay alive.

Mini missions (like the ones outside the campaign in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2) would have been cooler :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I agree mini missions would have been cooler.

The courier's stash strikes me as the most pointless add on ever for those who have already played the game. I already know where neat above-level loot is at the start of the game.

The only thing about courier's stash which I like is the notion - unconfirmed - that it adds armour and weapon types.

~~

THOUGHT/SUGGESTION: Add some achievements unique to early game? Something like 'achieve level 10 without stealing', or 'achieve level twenty with less than five kills'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But how would you have added mini-missions, so it doesn't cost as much as a "normal" DLC? Having a terminal, which gives me simple "kill x" quest would have been sucked bad. Especially when such a thing would be at the Gun Runners shop as well... like the companion terminal. Also it's the Gun Runners-- they produce weapons and deliver weapons. They don't run around, killing stuff for fun. So such mini-missions could end up highly stupid in terms of canon as well.

1) Add character

2) Don't voice act the damn character. I know I wouldn't notice. He can be deaf from firing too many guns, if you like. Tag speech or guns to 50 to understand his sign language.

3) Gun Runners are a business. In the post-apocalypse. They move stuff. They have new weapons to test. This means killing stuff.

4) Don't go for a formal 'mission' brief. A "How's that bozar working out for you?" would do.

5) Interactions "I like it, Bob, but what I really want is something to kill cazadores." Leads to another mission which unlocks more hurtware.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nah, everyone would whine about lazy ass Obsidian, too stupid to voice a character. If I remember correct, the whine was big about Dead Money's Christine.

Not to forget the translation costs, etc. which sums up as well. A silly terminal would have the same, though.

Edited by Lexx

Nah, everyone would whine about lazy ass Obsidian, too stupid to voice a character. If I remember correct, the whine was big about Dead Money's Christine.

Send me their names. We will make an itinerary and cricket bat the ****wits' cars. Seriously.

-Elwood Blues

I don't really mind Gunrunner's aresenal being just a weapons pack. I've always said you can never have too many guns. :x

I would have liked Courier's Stash to come with a new 'trait' system at the start of the game with a list of 5 backgrounds for your Courier. None for default equipment, then Caravan Guard for that group of equipment, Tribal, Merc etc. so you could pick a bonus pack. It seems a bit much to just be handed ALL four groups of equipment at once. I had the same problem with the Golden Guns pre-order bonus for Red Dead Redemption. It looked out of place and I would have preferred to have to earn and/or pay to have my guns 'goldenized' in game. Kind of like how you have to complete a number of challenges to earn the Deadly Assassin outfit for RDR.

One of my charcters, working for NCR as a bit of a renegade, but they paid best... saw a ranger with authority sunglasses, tried to pickpocket them, couldn't so just upped and shot him dead. Reputation had been so high that not a single soldier went for his gun. Awesome. :)

-Elwood Blues

Yes, it's slightly too much. 50% less would be better now, I think.

On a side note, I am finally in the possession of ~1000 5.56mm ammo. Now the Bozar has become fun, because it's not empty anymore after two times reloading. :>

Edited by Lexx

How often do Legionary Assassins usually spawn? I'm getting ambushed by them on a daily basis now. Frankly, it's a pain in my sweet ass.

IIRC from the Fallout wiki it is every 24 hours. My advice is keep an eye on the clock and just be ready for them.

I use staging posts for travel, rather than direct travelling everywhere. Stash a 'nade launcher and plenty of ammo. You arrive, tool up, stroll out, kill the assassins, come back, stash equipment, move on as normal.

EDIT: If you handle it this way, with weapon repair kits, you'll make at least 5k a day off the basatrds. Which is always handy.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Just go to black mountain if you need money. missile launchers, heavy flamers, bumper swords and whatnot. If you completed Dead Money you won't want for repair kits. The legion assassins are deadly if they get you out in the open. With cover, quite managable. They also seem to give up quick if you attempt to hide.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.