FO: NV (DLCS) Discussion

Sorry, confused you with someone else. But doesn't matter-- the topic is done for me, because nobody will change his mind anyway and there is no reason to continue.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished it and loved it. Don't know which one I would rate higher Old World Blues or Dead Money. Both are pretty good for a DLC. Took me about 8 hours to finish it and for the 10 euros that's a bargain (again).

Hate the living, love the dead.

Fallout is a setting. You can do everything you want in a setting as long as its well explained and works inside the setting.

The problem with much of the Fallout 2 stuff was that it didn't really make sense inside the setting/not explained or downright contradicting. Thankfully, Fallout NV doesn't really suffer (much) from that nor does Old World Blues. So cut the DLC some slack.

ESPECIALLY, because its damn hypocritical when you at the same time love/like Mask of the Betrayer and KOTOR2. Do these two games represent their settings "style"? No, both of them switch the setting on its head and play with it.

Edited by C2B

ESPECIALLY, because its damn hypocritical when you at the same time love/like Mask of the Betrayer and KOTOR2. Do these two games represent their settings "style"? No, both of them switch the setting on its head and play with it.

I guess that would explain the epic gnolls.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished it. Took me 14(!!!) hours and I'm impressed the DLC gave me that much entertainment. Obs has been fantastic with their game endings lately and the DLC is no different. I loved the classic slideshow breakdown of the effects of my choices. I now have a stealth suit that reminds me to turn my pip-boy off when I go into stealth mode. Very handy for me. :p

Finished it and loved it. Don't know which one I would rate higher Old World Blues or Dead Money. Both are pretty good for a DLC. Took me about 8 hours to finish it and for the 10 euros that's a bargain (again).

Since I can't edit my post any longer I'll just add with a reply.

The ending slides were really cool, went to wiki and read them all. Really have to appriciate the effort on making such well written (and voice acted) DLC that actually takes few days to finish (unless you rush it through). Also I have to say I like how 3 of the dlcs are connected to each other. Dead Money, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are kinda forming a DLC trilogy :p

It's not something you see that often. BioWare's dlcs (at least the one's I've played) are finished in 30-90 minutes. They add little bit of lore and few new epic equipment and that's it. Then there's bunch of equipment/unit/scenario dlc packs for xxx number of titles by many of the developers. I'm hoping DS3 gets as good DLC content as FNV has gotten.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I loved this dlc. There was a tonne of exploration and fun gameplay. I also loved the references to Dead Money and the foreshadowing to Lonesome Road. The humour did sometimes get a little overbearing (the hand penises gag was a bit much) but in general I laughed quite a lot (especially at Muggy, that guy is awesome I want to take him back to the Mojave and introduce him to Yes Man) and I really enjoyed the ending slideshow with all the results of my choices and questing.

But daaamn, they've done such a great job building up to Lonesome Road, I just hope Ulysses won't be the letdown that the Burned Man was.

Heh, on the main page here at Obsidian you can vote on your favorite appliance. Muggy is in the lead and my fav is in second place, the toaster. Apparently nobody likes the kitchen sink. Poor sink... :lol: What really confuses me is that Light Switch #2 is ahead of Light Switch #1 by 4 votes. What was the difference!?

Is there a patch coming out for this anytime soon? I can't finish the game because everytime I go to leave the Think Tank before the ending slides, when I leave the screen goes black and it freezes. And I'm on x-box so there's not much I can do. Has anyone else had this problem?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Finished it now. In short: Was sceptical first, changed later, ending was great.

It's true that OWB is very LOL!! but it is also pretty dark, imo. Stuff like the concentration camp or the suits with dead bodies inside, etc. aren't that easy stuff. Also I found it nice that even the way the story is made up (50s pulp Science!) is kind of explained in the end why it is how it is.

I really like that DLC, needed around 8 to 9 hours to finish it and I haven't explored everything yet. (Still like Honest Hearts the most, though. Simply because of the more serious tone and the atmosphere of Zion. It just totally hit the nail for me.)

Now I am really tensed to see Lonesome Road. The expectations are very high. Hope it can deliver.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I picked up Dead Money. So far it's... frustrating.

Yeah, the beginning is rough, particularly in hardcore mode when the cloud does slow consistent damage.

I'd advise to go to the medical clinic as early as you can (maybe recruiting Dog/God first for survivability), because that's where

you find the code to make Stimpaks at the vending machines

. Once you can do that, the impetus to rush that the slow Cloud damage creates is much-reduced, which decreased my stress level considerably.

I'm only partway thought Old World Blues, but Dead Money is still my favorite of the DLCs. If you stick with it through the frustrating "we wanted to make a horror game" section, the narrative payoff is fantastic. The gradually-revealed backstory and the plotline of current events dovetail nicely together into what is one of the better short stories in the Fallout universe. (I'd put it behind the main storyline to FO1 and FNV's Vault 11, but not by much.)

Edited by Enoch

Actually, on OWB, does the "store" in the Sink ever refresh its inventory?

I came into the expansion a bit too dependent on .308 ammo (This Machine and the Sniper Rifle), and it's running pretty low on me. I'm finding .357 and .44 everywhere I go, which I can break down for components, but the problem is the Primer-- the only shell other than .308 that uses "large rifle" primer is 45/70 Gov't, which is even rarer in the wild. Now even my Shotshell Primer (to make 12 Ga. for the Riot Shotgun) is running short. I could really use a refresh of those Powder/Primer packs that the store had when I first showed up.

Advice to anyone going into OWB or HH on hardcore mode with a Guns-centered build: Break down all the ammo you have in your storage base before leaving, and leave most of the Lead behind. You can find lots of scrap metal to use for the Lead component when you get to the expansion, but the cases and (especially) primers can get quite precious, and breaking them down before leaving the Mojave makes them weightless.

Edited by Enoch

am a blues fan o' the nth degree, so we were pleased to see that the last two dlc offerings takes their names from classic blues songs. am just curious as to whether "mean old world" and "the lonsome road" actual gets played in the respective dlcs.

am not particular liking clapton, but the following recording with duane allman might be our fave version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1r1PrJ_rsk...707CA8FE59954EF

also, am wondering what version o' the lonsome road will be utilized for the fo:nv dlc. gene austin is classic, but given the 1950's theme, sinatra might be more appropriate.

regardless, am hopeful that the aforementioned great songs does more than inspire titles.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Finished Dead Money and loved it. Only issue I have is

it gave me an optional objective to sneak out unnoticed and get him trapped. Only way I found this to be possible is if I used turrets to kill him, but that seems incorrect. Maybe it's the "bash" skillcheck I couldn't make?

Started Honest Hearts. Breathtaking vistas. Though I'm running out of ammo for the guns I've brought. And I'll be surprised if the .45 Autos will be competent for the White Legs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's kinda disappointing that at the end of Dead Money

you can tell Veronica about Elijah, but not about Christine.

Is that confirmed? I suspected it when

Christine talked about Elijah forcing her away from someone

, but it seemed to be trying to be very vague. Which makes me suspect that either I was reading too much into it or maybe the Courier isn't supposed to realize it, even if the player is supposed to.

, but it seemed to be trying to be very vague. Which makes me suspect that either I was reading too much into it or maybe the Courier isn't supposed to realize it, even if the player is supposed to.

With [Cherchez la femme] perk, you can find out that Christine had a female lover. It's too much of a coincidence.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

With [Cherchez la femme] perk, you can find out that Christine had a female lover. It's too much of a coincidence.

don't read too much into it. obsidian is agenda pushers on par with bio. after all, arcade is light in the loafers as well.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

(Still like Honest Hearts the most, though. Simply because of the more serious tone and the atmosphere of Zion. It just totally hit the nail for me.)
From what I've read so far, HH reminds me of regionalist writers such as John Steinbeck, but, generally speaking, Sawyer's approach so far is more to do with simulation where the players are offered settings rather than pre-determined story-paths. However, for me, it's tough to imagine that such approach works with smaller piece of content such as DLC compared with more narrative heavy Avellone style. So, I wonder if he resorted to something like works in which writers use religious beliefs make their real world settings feel like the lands of mythology. Well, probably I should play the game to figure out how much of my assumption would be right, though.

From the first moment, Old World Blues proved to be the best DLC. Why? The Sink. When the first room you enter has a bed that gives well-rested next to a container that's a safe, I'm happy.