open letter to AP dev team

Hey I have a question regarding Alpha Protocol I know you probably don't read this board anymore but I still have to ask. Why don't you release modding tools for AP as Bethesda did for Oblivion? AP is a hell of a game screw what the reviews said. I think it will earn a cult following in the years to come but you need to let the community create its own content and patches so it can breath new life into this wonderful game.

I was always under the impression that a game had to be build from the ground up with mod support in mind. The tools that the developers themselves use are often just thrown together on the fly command line stuff and very user unfriendly.

well the reason why I ask is because the game is not being supported anymore and it's a damn shame because this game has so much potential it just needs a little polishing by the community to reach its full potential and shine like the gem that it is

Edited by pimabread

Oh, I was just saying that with the Unreal engine there were modifications that we had to do that you wouldn't be able to get, that's all. I don't think neither SEGA nor Epic would allow that

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

It's too bad, really. Obsidian usually has such an active modding community around their games, but now they can't do anything cuz of red tape?

F***ing Sega, it's like they wanted AP to fail from the start. Now they won't even try to help it succeed by letting the fans try and fix it. What kind of arrogance is that?

• 3 weeks later...
damn then this game will die a slow grueling death

But it'll be a lot of fun while it dies. :wub: Loving it.

Obsidian, do try and get the rights for this. You've been doing some great work lately and I think you'd smash Mass Effect off the top spot of console RPG's. IMO, this AP is better than Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2.

They do have the rights to AP iirc. It's just that I doubt anyone will be publishing a sequel when the game was panned by reviewers and had mediocre sales, cult following or not.

I thought that Sega still had the rights? That's why in interviews they said all the mechanics could easily find their way into a new IP.