Demo - You call that voice acting/good dialogue?

Yeah, the gameplay reminds me of any game like it: Diablo, Diablo II, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, etc, etc. It's fun, and equipment/leveling-centric.

The graphics are nice. Sure....but what happened to 'selling' the story? The voice acting is horrible, and you guys desperately need new writers. I hope the voice acting are just quick voice overs that you had to put in, and you have not yet recorded the "real" voice overs.

There's no excuse for poor voice acting! Games like Dragon Age, Dragon Age II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, L.A. Noir, Assassin's Creed (any of them), and more has proven that good voice acting can be had! So...where is it? Were you guys on that small of a budget? Gees...c'mon pple. You are better than this!

It's pretty terrible hey... all the Obsidian fanbois going on about how great Obsidian are for this sort of thing and god damn it's so bad...

if you think they are bad here you shoulda seen them at the fallout:nv forum..my god..pretty much the game was golden and anyone that said different was troll..and all the problems with the game were just lies..

It's pretty terrible hey... all the Obsidian fanbois going on about how great Obsidian are for this sort of thing and god damn it's so bad...

if you think they are bad here you shoulda seen them at the fallout:nv forum..my god..pretty much the game was golden and anyone that said different was troll..and all the problems with the game were just lies..

When you have been around long enough, you sort of recognise a universal pattern. Doesn't really matter which forum you hang out on, whether it be Bioware, Eidos, Obsidian, Bethesda, Paradox etc.

You'll have a group of people who hang out because they are part of the community and sometimes like the games and generally facepalm at the excitement and nerd rage that occasionally is on display, you'll have a group of smug trolls thinking they are clever because their insults seems to go unnoticed (usually not worth responding to), you'll have the fanbois who worship the ground the developers work and think they can do no wrong, blatantly bad releases or not, and you'll have a group of (usually underage or otherwise immature) trolls that spam the forum with negative posts because they feel personally insulted that their particular wishes weren't considered (and then point out their own flood of posts as proof of all the negative feedback).

Happens just about every time a game gets released, regardless of publisher and developer :)

A psychology/sociology student would never run out of subjects to study on a gaming forum.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i just want a good game worth the money i pay for it..

You are not alone in that. I have a number of game titles myself, acquired over the last 20 years, that I wish I had never invested time and money in :)

Some day you just wake up and you realise that it is just a recreational thing, passing some time with and not worth getting high blood pressure over. Doesn't mean that you have completely forgotten what it feels like to passionate about it, you just feel less passionate yourself about it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i paid 20 bucks for two worlds and put over 200 hrs in it..i got more than my moneys worth out of that one..after the big patch of course..

I'll have to give that one a try some day. Gamersgate occasionally has it on sale. Best buy ever for me was an old C64 game called Lords of Midnight. First sandbox/open world game I ever played (and that was in 1984). The number of hours (thousands, lots of thousands) would put any MMO game to shame :blush:

Still pull it out and play on ye olde emulator every now and then.

Slightly on-topic, haven't played the demo yet (yeah, member of the PC master race gamer), but the last game I bought (The Witcher 2) was shockingly bad in the English voice acting. "Triss" in particular sounds like she is sitting in a chair and reciting lines of text with all the passion of an automated announcement system. Curious to see how it compares.

I was thinking the dialogue would be better. It weas just the demo but I wasn't overly impressed. I really wish they would have only done limited voice overs for really important events and that the protagonists had no voices. Voice acting is one of the key elements in the new s*** game design paradigm that is detracting from actual gameplay. Time and money MUCH better spent elsewhere. I would prefer more environments, deeper gameplay, more lore and greater variety and depth to the dialogue brought to us via text. Baldur's Gate 2, Fallout 1 and 2 had as much voice acting as we ever need in a videogame.

When you have been around long enough, you sort of recognise a universal pattern. Doesn't really matter which forum you hang out on, whether it be Bioware, Eidos, Obsidian, Bethesda, Paradox etc.

You'll have a group of people who hang out because they are part of the community and sometimes like the games and generally facepalm at the excitement and nerd rage that occasionally is on display, you'll have a group of smug trolls thinking they are clever because their insults seems to go unnoticed (usually not worth responding to), you'll have the fanbois who worship the ground the developers work and think they can do no wrong, blatantly bad releases or not, and you'll have a group of (usually underage or otherwise immature) trolls that spam the forum with negative posts because they feel personally insulted that their particular wishes weren't considered (and then point out their own flood of posts as proof of all the negative feedback).

Happens just about every time a game gets released, regardless of publisher and developer :-

A psychology/sociology student would never run out of subjects to study on a gaming forum.

Bah, those are anti-fanboys. A troll is the master of his(or her) craft, darting in and out at a moment's notice to rile up the warring factions, but never actively take part in the war itself. One can't be a troll if one is emotionally invested in the subject itself.

Edited by Purkake

Yeah, the gameplay reminds me of any game like it: Diablo, Diablo II, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, etc, etc. It's fun, and equipment/leveling-centric.

The graphics are nice. Sure....but what happened to 'selling' the story? The voice acting is horrible, and you guys desperately need new writers. I hope the voice acting are just quick voice overs that you had to put in, and you have not yet recorded the "real" voice overs.

There's no excuse for poor voice acting! Games like Dragon Age, Dragon Age II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, L.A. Noir, Assassin's Creed (any of them), and more has proven that good voice acting can be had! So...where is it? Were you guys on that small of a budget? Gees...c'mon pple. You are better than this!

I was afraid this would happen. I bet that when reviews come out, they will say the story are not great as stated, therefore, they should have focused more on gameplay and multiplayer aspects. When you have a crappy voice acting it ruins the immersion and detracts us of the story, cause it starts to feel cheesy, like in Two Worlds 1.