RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

The PR firm handling DNF had one of it's workers rip off a frustrated email because of the language used in some of the DNF reviews. He has since issued a retraction, but the entire thing points out just how screwed up the review system is for the industry.
There goes my idealism.

In other news. The Cat and the Coup is on Steam. It's a docugame about the CIA backed coup de'tat against the first democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran. Also, it's free.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It would also appear that Lulsec is doing phone denial of service attacks rather than internet.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hit a Magent company and the Detroit FBI office. I guess this is what lulz is all about. Hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

how about we make a Dungeon Siege 3 discussion thread here, in C&C, when the game comes out, for the cool kids? I want to read everyone's thoughts on the full game without having to read dumb trolls' attempts at insulting the game and its developers

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That is an incredibly incredibly stupid move for EA considering STEAMS market saturation, if they are no longer going to put titles on it.

Seems it was Steam's decision- always likely since it didn't disappear from any other download vendor.

how about we make a Dungeon Siege 3 discussion thread here, in C&C, when the game comes out, for the cool kids? I want to read everyone's thoughts on the full game without having to read dumb trolls' attempts at insulting the game and its developers

It's Dungeon Siege brand, it deserves all the hatred in the world :(

Trolls make messageboard life interesting. I have no interest of Obsidians take on Dungeon Siege, but trolling in various boards could be epic (to read).

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

only when the trolls themselves are of epic levels, watching those boring attempts at being sarcastic and smart break on impact with this forum's juggernauts isn't fun at all

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The PR firm handling DNF had one of it's workers rip off a frustrated email because of the language used in some of the DNF reviews. He has since issued a retraction, but the entire thing points out just how screwed up the review system is for the industry.
There goes my idealism.

In other news. The Cat and the Coup is on Steam. It's a docugame about the CIA backed coup de'tat against the first democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran. Also, it's free.

*goes to check that one out*

I am all for this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I am all for this.

But that's mostly what goes on even in this subforum?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I am all for this.

But, our dumb trolls are better than their dumb trolls!

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I am all for this.

But, our dumb trolls are better than their dumb trolls!

somehwat-mad-completely-mad-u-mad-madad1.jpeg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

BioWare announced the third Dragon Age novel, Dragon Age: Asunder:

BioWare, TOR Books and author David Gaider are pleased to announce the next novel set in the world of Dragon Age, Dragon Age: Asunder. A mystical killer stalks the halls of the White Spire, the heart of templar power in the mighty Orlesian Empire. To prove his innocence, Rhys reluctantly embarks on a journey into the western wastelands that will not only reveal much more than he bargained for but change the fate of his fellow mages forever.

With an exclusive "interview" with David Gaider.

I have the first book (have won it once) and didn't even touched it yet. Somehow I am really not into that stuff.

Just wanted to note this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have the first book (have won it once) and didn't even touched it yet. Somehow I am really not into that stuff.

Just wanted to note this.

Probably not worth it, if you aren't really into it. The first one gave some semi-interesting background on the gameworld, but the second one was, IIRC, absolutely dire.

I think I read both of them in a plane, hmm... :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

All of the old NWN and NWN2 forums are gone: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/17...42275/1#7649609

The social bioware nwn/nwn2 forums do however remain.

Good job Atari. :salute:

They got hacked - http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/6/index/7653193

Yesterday (June 14), we learned that a hacker gained unauthorized access to the decade-old BioWare community server system associated with the Neverwinter Nights forums. We immediately took appropriate steps to protect our consumers

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.