RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Meh, this is just getting aimless. Well at least it'll hopefully make people tighten up security.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While this isn't cool, it certainly goes to show, if you want to, you can get in, and funnily enough... They seem to be getting away with it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

While this isn't cool, it certainly goes to show, if you want to, you can get in, and funnily enough... They seem to be getting away with it.

I've heard of 35 arrests in two countries. Some people are getting away with it, surely, but not all of them.

Those arrests are mostly talked about being linked to attacks on government sites. If they're some of the same individuals involved in the attacks on game publisher sites, I don't know.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think, in part, they're doing it because they can (as they stated) and sort of to prove that they're the electronic awesomesause.

Reading their twitter it looks like they might end up fighting with Anon (first cyberwar?) given Anon has "ethics" and lulzsec is just in it for the giggles.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I did not know that Homefront was built by the studio that grew out of Trauma Studios. They can't catch a break.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why hack Bethesda? I thought everyone liked them.

The NMA corps finally made their move. Obsidian is next.

Well the forums didn't load for me yesterday evening... :ermm:

That was just a probe, NMA is marshaling its forces as we speak.

That was just a probe, NMA is marshaling its forces as we speak.

Why would NMA hit Obsidian ? MCA is here. I mean, if NMA would ever do such a thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

EA wants to widen audience, Mass Effect too complicated

"Mass Effect has a fairly complicated combat system. You've got story and choice. For some fans that don't buy 12 games a year and maybe buy two or three, some of those things can be intimidating. We wanted to open up the accessibility without hurting the depth or the quality. Kinect is a fantastic technology that allows us to do that."

No comment.

Why hack Bethesda? I thought everyone liked them.

They said Skyrims lead platform was console. ;)

I think lulzboat had some problem with horse armor... but didn't we all :lol:

Anyway, I think I made few posts in Bethesda boards in the beginning of Fallout 3 development, so there goes that data. I wonder if I still use PW that old in some places. I think maybe in IGN or maybe old Bioboards. Haven't visited those places in years.

Speaking of Bethesda, some bad news about iD's Tech5.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35125/E...e_Licensing.php

He added that id Tech 5 is "not magic," and the engine is good for certain kinds of games such as Rage, but not as much for games such as Grand Theft Auto that render cities with lots of surface area.

"The megatexture direction [in id Tech 5] has some big wins, but it's also fairly restrictive on certain types of games," he said. "It would be a completely unacceptable engine to do [bethesda's Elder Scrolls V:] Skyrim in, where you've got the whole world, walking across these huge areas."

Ain't that a kick to the nutsack!

Time to kill that "but id tech5 will replace Gamebryo and Bethesda animations and character models won't suck anymore" utopia.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

EA wants to widen audience, Mass Effect too complicated

"Mass Effect has a fairly complicated combat system. You've got story and choice. For some fans that don't buy 12 games a year and maybe buy two or three, some of those things can be intimidating. We wanted to open up the accessibility without hurting the depth or the quality. Kinect is a fantastic technology that allows us to do that."

No comment.

Umm, wtf?

Hate the living, love the dead.

I think the point was that the voice commands for movement via kinect in ME makes things more accessible so you don't have to remember exactly which button does what and pausing the game breaking up gameplay.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.