RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Thanks.

That plan and go tactical stuff looks interesting enough.

My guess though is it's a linear mission-based game rather than the free-form dynamic campaign of Jag 2. Which would eliminate most of the strategic aspects from the gameplay. For me it was the blend of tactical and strategic elements that made Jagged Alliance 2 (and XCOM) such winners.

Mission-based games kind of leave me cold.

Still, I enjoyed FO Tactics well enough, so I'll keep an eye on this.

If it does come out, it'll probably be a half-price b-level title anyway, so it might be worth buying even if its not great.

edit: My grotesque spelling

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

My other big concern is that they won't have any of the personality of the JA series. It's tough to gauge that with a video, but the portraits alone lack the charm of the previous games.

Character personality and beautiful (for pixel art) portraits were great in previous Jagged Alliance games. Like... Conrad "obviously I didn't train 'em" with cheesy french accent or how certain NPCs don't get along. JA2 had a long list of NPCs and I think I would have liked to see more about those characters in "real" tactical CRPG.

JA2 had that same flair as original Baldur's Gate. Characters barely said anything (or had interaction with each other )and player had to fill the gaps. Thus often leading better characters then developers actually created ;)

New Jagged Alliance.. maybe from the Steam holiday sales.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

There are a few folks from the Silent Storm crew working on this, if I remember correctly, or they are using a modified engine from Silent Storm.

That was the previously cancelled JA3. Jagged Alliance: Back in Action is a different game entirely.

I still think that 1999 vegas trailer was the best and they should have just released that instead of the new one. So nope, didn't bought it (yet? Maybe if it gets cheaper one day).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

*deciding not to use Morgoth's dodgy website, and despite the review scores, and the epically long load times, Nightshape purchased DNF*

I expect it to rawk! Like Ozzy! Old, decrpid, and having seen the abyss and survived!

Always bet on Duke!

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

the demo was pretty stupid. and - Duke can carry only two weapons at a time? wth? :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Duke's animation looks awful... they shouldn't have included mirrors in the game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

the demo was pretty stupid. and - Duke can carry only two weapons at a time? wth? :lol:

Just shows that these days, Commander Shepard kicks Duke's ass.

:*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just shows that these days, Commander Shepard kicks Duke's ass.

:*

:lol:

Walsingham said:

I expect it to rawk! Like Ozzy! Old, decrpid, and having seen the abyss and survived!

Ozzy hasn't produced anything worthwhile in a while unfortunately :*

So Duke will relate to Serius Sam the way Ozzy relates to Br

Ozzy hasn't produced anything worthwhile in a while unfortunately :*

So Duke will relate to Serius Sam the way Ozzy relates to Br

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

ArmAIII demo is friggin amazing

I'm so buying this game the first day it's out

Pretty. Time to get Arma II on my new machine and see if it runs decently.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra