xbox360 SHARE THE CAMERA with an ONLINE person

If we go by the Giantbomb quick-look, it's true.

That was local, wasn't it?

Well we'll see. The same screen cam isn't received that good. Would have to experience it myself.

Edited by C2B

Wouldn't ti be great if developers game player choices for the material they incorporate in games. Like for instance announce a new game idea...come up with some game play ideas and let the community vote on which one they like the best then incorporate the winner...then move on to other important parts of the game come up with ideas and take another vote...It may take longer but at least gamers would be involved and invested and want to buy.
That would be terrible. Design by a grand democratic committee not work. It'd produce an mess of incompatible ideas. Like having infants attempt engineering. It would collapse on itself.

The average audience member has no idea what it takes to make a game. Or how to make a feature actually work. They just get excited about features that sound cool.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished playing through the demo twice and I can confirm that camera is shared as is loot and money.... why I dont have the foggiest idea but lets hope Obsidian gets the hint and fixes this for the final release.

Wait, people like split screen? That's news to me, but then I haven't played co-op/MP in ages.

I used to hate split screen, but maybe that was because everyone had tiny monitors/TVs back in the way. You couldn't see anything.

Wait, people like split screen? That's news to me, but then I haven't played co-op/MP in ages.

I used to hate split screen, but maybe that was because everyone had tiny monitors/TVs back in the way. You couldn't see anything.

The topic creator mentions the same screen in online play. You know four different monitors/tvs yet the other 3 players are restricted to movement within the current screen of the host. Absolutely terrible =(

The topic creator mentions the same screen in online play. You know four different monitors/tvs yet the other 3 players are restricted to movement within the current screen of the host. Absolutely terrible =(

Some people cannot make the difference, for them coop and online are the same thing. And given the OP's incredibly bad opening, I'm not inclined to trust his ability to differentiate them.

Some people cannot make the difference, for them coop and online are the same thing. And given the OP's incredibly bad opening, I'm not inclined to trust his ability to differentiate them.

Its probably true though judging from responses.

I can live with it but this is really a blow. I would have wished to use the normal camera in online co-op too.

Edited by C2B

If that is true, that is indeed horrible. I can understand limiting range of movement, and having to deal with the camera of the host in local coop, but having to deal with it in online coop? Hurgh! I'm sick just thinking about it.

Hrm. It makes sense to me in local coop, since in DS3 everyone would stick together anyway. In online coop you'd expect everyone to have their own screen, though? We'll see...

Hrm. It makes sense to me in local coop, since in DS3 everyone would stick together anyway. In online coop you'd expect everyone to have their own screen, though? We'll see...

It's been mentioned by a few different people on other forums so far... so I'm guessing this is true... it seems as if online play is just a port of the couch co-op mode... just a quick addition to be able to advertise having up to 4 players online :lol:

The demo actually comes with online MP? Are you sure they aren't mixing it up with local co-op? I hope the camera thing is just cause it's an early build though. Can any something awful users check if this is clarified by Sawyer or Chapman on the DS3 thread?

The demo actually comes with online MP? Are you sure they aren't mixing it up with local co-op? I hope the camera thing is just cause it's an early build though. Can any something awful users check if this is clarified by Sawyer or Chapman on the DS3 thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fP8McaPyuk

00:30 - 00:45 shows that the demo has online play, however they don't actually play it. If a lot of people are saying this is how the online is (shared screen) then it's most likely true.