What Are Your Thoughts?

Demo Thoughts  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Demo?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more time with it
  2. 2. After playing the demo will you buy this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • I plan on renting it
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Do you like the way multi-player is being handled?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't really care

Haven't played the demo yet (PC user), but couldn't care less about co-op/multiplayer. Wasn't it Bioware who once actually went through the trouble of doing the market research and concluding that resources invested in multiplayer was an indulgence as the market was tiny compared to the single player base? Not really a fan of the entire hack'n slash and "arpg" genre, but quite curious about seeing the Onyx engine in action.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It depends on the game - something like Age of Empires, for example, was rated & beloved for its multiplayer, but it turned out that something like 80% of their sales came from people who would only ever play the single player campaign. Would be a bit different for Blizzard games, of course.

you know. i was perfectly fine with the fact only the host got the save, i was fine with the way the loot was handled. but what killed the game for me is the tethered camera... thats not cool. i just hope the devs come in and say that the demo build is set up like couch coop. because 4 players tethered is a terrible idea

Wasn't it Bioware who once actually went through the trouble of doing the market research and concluding that resources invested in multiplayer was an indulgence as the market was tiny compared to the single player base?

Maybe if the company fails at making a decent multiplayer experience. Blizzard is literally built around how great they have made the multiplayer experience of their games to be.

Maybe if the company fails at making a decent multiplayer experience. Blizzard is literally built around how great they have made the multiplayer experience of their games to be.

I think most companies would kill to have a money printing machine (WoW) in their backyard like Blizzard has, but that is probably Blizzards strength, yes. Few other companies can develop a game for years and toss it in the bin if it doesn't feel right. My point was whether the co-op thing was a focus or a feature (and by extension whether it is being sold "correctly")

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Only complaint I have is graphics. They're acceptable for the genre, but not good. I think even Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 managed to look better. Which is really the only relevant comparison I can make for the genre. That and Torchlight.

Enjoyed the gameplay. Plotlines looked intriguing enough. Probably get it for PC.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

yes on all.

There is no shared camera. Play again.

On-topic: I voted yes on all. Yeah the game has some weak points (want more interaction with the environment and NPCs, and more optional small dungeons to loot), but overall, it is a very solid RPG, and yeah, me and 2 other friends are definitely going to buy this.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

its not that i hate the demo as a whole. i played through it 4 times. i really enjoyed the game playing by my self...but this is not why i was picking up this game...i have a group of 8 friends that planned on picking up this game, purely for the 4 player online. there is definitely a tethered coop. what we ran into numerous times is multiple baddies out side of our reach on opposite sides that we couldn't kill until someone gave up their position.

like i said, me being the gamer that i am. i don't have room for another single-player game right now. as i still have too many other games on my plate

<--- GS Manager.

you may call it being picky, i call it saving myself from something that's only going to annoy me for hours on end.

yes, renting, no

I found the tethered camera in multi unacceptable, I played with a friend last night online, who I was trying to convince to pre order this game and with the camera so far zoomed out and the fact that we can't explore separately it was the nail in the coffin, he said this isn't for me.

I agree with his opinion, I still plan on getting this game but strictly for the awesome single player experience. It's really to bad. :)

its not that i hate the demo as a whole. i played through it 4 times. i really enjoyed the game playing by my self...but this is not why i was picking up this game...i have a group of 8 friends that planned on picking up this game, purely for the 4 player online. there is definitely a tethered coop. what we ran into numerous times is multiple baddies out side of our reach on opposite sides that we couldn't kill until someone gave up their position.

like i said, me being the gamer that i am. i don't have room for another single-player game right now. as i still have too many other games on my plate

<--- GS Manager.

you may call it being picky, i call it saving myself from something that's only going to annoy me for hours on end.

yes, renting, no

Well then thats understandable. I'd also think that there are more suited games for you and your friends around. :)

This is probably worthless but did you guys try Magicka already?

Well then thats understandable. I'd also think that there are more suited games for you and your friends around. :)

This is probably worthless but did you guys try Magicka already?

no. we typically play on xbox, but that game does look pretty fun