XBOX360 Demo Impressions

naw the host retains the loot ... he/she sells it ur SOL ...
TBH, I wouldn't play with a friend who'd do that. Besides, I doubt they can sell the stuff your char wears.

Can others even see your cahr specific loot? You can check the AIs gear AFAIK, but I doubt you can redress PCs, especially when they're offline.

ok let me ask you a serious question .. do you know what "henchman" coop is? im not trying to be rude i just want to know

TBH, I wouldn't play with a friend who'd do that. Besides, I doubt they can sell the stuff your char wears.

Can others even see your cahr specific loot? You can check the AIs gear AFAIK, but I doubt you can redress PCs, especially when they're offline.

ok let me ask you a serious question .. do you know what "henchman" coop is? im not trying to be rude i just want to know

Nope, but it sounds familiar. Something to help players on different lvls play together? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Nope, but it sounds familiar. Something to help players on different lvls play together? Or am I confusing it with something else?

lol you are definatly confusing it with something else...what your talking about is a leveling system type play much like sacred 2 ...if u n i were to play co op, i would get all the loot all the xp all the coins id level up id make all story desissions (you as a henchman can "suggest" dessicions but ultimatly not make them) and you wouldnt get anything or get to do anything unless i joined (your game) so the insentive to play co op online is not there cos who wants to be just a meat shield really.

Yeah if u intend on not playing it until your friend comes back in one week ... that falls under the casual gamer i was talking about and i said that the casual gamer will like it... in another post

It's up to you what kinda people you play with it and how many different groups you play with... and there's always the single player to keep you busy if your friends don't want to play as actively as you do.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yeah if u intend on not playing it until your friend comes back in one week ... that falls under the casual gamer i was talking about and i said that the casual gamer will like it... in another post

It's up to you what kinda people you play with it and how many different groups you play with... and there's always the single player to keep you busy if your friends don't want to play as actively as you do.

your right and that is exactly what i said .. the game will make a good single player not a good online game .. and with the ammount of people that play online they are really missing a huge market and fan base

your right and that is exactly what i said .. the game will make a good single player not a good online game .. and with the ammount of people that play online they are really missing a huge market and fan base

I'm quite sure that wasn't the point I was making, but whatever...

Hate the living, love the dead.

It really depends on what you're looking for in an online game. If you're not looking for massive grinding, terrible randomized maps, repetition, repetition and some more repetition, and e-peen comparison for example, Diablo 2 can be seen as a pretty terrible game.

On the other hand, if you are looking for something to play with friends you know, with a hand crafted campaign, with multiple sidequests, with interesting writing, and deep, varied action combat, Dungeon Siege 3 might appear to be the better option.

See how that works? Different people want different things at different times.

I've played dozens of hours of Diablo, by the way.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wait, this is more single player focused? My ears are perking! Pidesco's absolutely right in that respect. I hate Diablo.

I have to try the demo now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thanks for that Pidesco, I guess I am looking at it wrong. I think I was hoping for a diablo type game on the 360 like sacred 2 was, but DS3 is not supposed to be that. I think I can play it and enjoy it knowing that. I myself enjoy playing Single Player RPG's , it's just nice to think that if I wanted to I could bring my character that I built into a friends game. Oh well!

Some Twitter impressions

That was a long and enjoyable demo. I think Obsidian has finally produced an amazing, jank-free game. Yay!
The old Dungeon Siege music isn't really in there, but they stuff they have is similar enough and beautiful. And it's a gorgeous game!
Dungeon Siege 3 Demo was really good, I am glad there was a decent amount of content in it. Definitely interested in the full game now.

(First two are from the same guy)

Edited by C2B

Yes it isn't what i was hoping for (a better sacred2/diablo styled game) and that DOESNT make it a bad game just a DIFFERENT game. Some will live it, some will like it, and some will hate it. Everyone has different tastes in games as previously stated. There is nothing wrong with that. But this is an important thread (even though there is a tad bit of bickering like all forums) for people who have played the demo and are able to share there honest experiences and be able to compare it to other games so others can decide if it is something the will like or not.

Please understand I am not trying to be rude or mean about anything.

lol you are definatly confusing it with something else...what your talking about is a leveling system type play much like sacred 2 ...if u n i were to play co op, i would get all the loot all the xp all the coins id level up id make all story desissions (you as a henchman can "suggest" dessicions but ultimatly not make them) and you wouldnt get anything or get to do anything unless i joined (your game) so the insentive to play co op online is not there cos who wants to be just a meat shield really.

The henchman co-op was first seen in Fable 2... co-op partner was not able to do anything, even get itens and stuff.

Sacred 2 co-op rox and it should be used as a model to RPG/ACTION games. You do not save the story progress to your character, but this is a good thing in fact, because it will allow for more replayability. I mean... you have your Seraphin and you finished the game with your friend (which was the host), then he can join your own game later and finish it with you. I think that is awesome!

Fable 2 co-op sux, DS3 (it seems) may suck too, but Sacred 2 rules, my vriend :)