I'm looking at these negative reviews and I have to ask, were the reviewers playing DA2 by mistake? A lot of these complaints were not brought up with the DA2 reviews and are instead nitpicked ridiculously in DS3 (multiplayer complaints aside)- hell it's like the ratings for the 2 games were swapped too.

I'm looking at these negative reviews and I have to ask, were the reviewers playing DA2 by mistake? A lot of these complaints were not brought up with the DA2 reviews and are instead nitpicked ridiculously in DS3 (multiplayer complaints aside)- hell it's like the ratings for the 2 games were swapped too.

you win teh interwebz x infinity

Ok, so.. I was set on getting this game on day one, but my store (Webhallen) failed me and didn't deliver. So instead I started reading all these reviews while I was waiting for the game.. and now I don't really want it anymore. Help!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

DA2 didn't have crap controls and camera, for one.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Never played it, but judging by screenshots and videos, wasn't the combat totally different as well? Is it even possible to compare both games at all?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

But mkreku, how can you complain about it if you don't play it?

Oh, that's easy. I'll just use the magic bullet points "generic", "bad writing" and "horrible voice acting" like everyone else. You know, those things that are so incredibly easy to complain about because it makes yourself look like you know better without ever having to explain anything.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

DA2 didn't have crap controls and camera, for one.

Yes it did. The lack of a tactical camera was absolutely horrible to the more passive and supposedly tactical gameplay- plus that stupid camera would screw up all the time whenever I was in corridors or doorways or some bit of scenery decided to mess with the camera. I personally found the camera in DA2 to be just as bad as DS3. Controlwise Da2 was certainly better but then we had to put up with that awful wave combat and stupidly long cooldown times with boss encounters with the most insanely bloated HP bars- DS3's controls was something you could get used to after a while, you can't get used to terrible encounter design and combat.

Ok, so.. I was set on getting this game on day one, but my store (Webhallen) failed me and didn't deliver. So instead I started reading all these reviews while I was waiting for the game.. and now I don't really want it anymore. Help!

DS3 has it where it counts and for action rpg that is gameplay.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Never played it, but judging by screenshots and videos, wasn't the combat totally different as well? Is it even possible to compare both games at all?

No matter how BioWare tries to sell it, DA2 is a party based action RPG, as much as DS2 was. That's the big irony of it all.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just get the game or did you chicken out on Alpha Protocol as well?

Hate the living, love the dead.

Just get the game or did you chicken out on Alpha Protocol as well?

Chicken out?... I wasn't aware that buying a video game required so much courage to go through with, heh. ;)

But mkreku, how can you complain about it if you don't play it?

Oh, that's easy. I'll just use the magic bullet points "generic", "bad writing" and "horrible voice acting" like everyone else. You know, those things that are so incredibly easy to complain about because it makes yourself look like you know better without ever having to explain anything.

You joined the Steam group. There's no turning back now. :p

Obsidian makes un-american games, obviously they aren't patriots!
This means they're jingoists. Bioshock Infinite is about jingoism (probably why it's a bad thing). Therefore, Obs hates BI. And Ken Levine!

pmp10 is really a great guy. Loving him.

You could really offer some context sometimes you know.

Game trailers review

6.3 surprises the hell out of me.

I always figured GT goes easy on games.

I actually made the mistake of watching it. I really liked the comment about 'outdated' graphics the reviewer made. Besides the fact that they rated Uncharted 3's graphics higher than BF3's for this year's E3, they're going to give Modern Warfare's graphics a better score than DS3's. Not to hate on the id Tech 3 engine, but anything built on it, still looks like a game from 2001. Hell, DA2 got a better score for its graphics than DS3.

da2_elf.jpg

Rollenspiel-Dungeon-Siege-3-Brueste-745x397-712b0f519304602c.jpg

The pictures speak pretty clear. I think we can all agree at this point that GT never knew what the hell they were talking about, when it comes to graphics, gameplay and video games in general.

Game trailers review

6.3 surprises the hell out of me.

I always figured GT goes easy on games.

I actually made the mistake of watching it. I really liked the comment about 'outdated' graphics the reviewer made. Besides the fact that they rated Uncharted 3's graphics higher than BF3's for this year's E3, they're going to give Modern Warfare's graphics a better score than DS3's. Not to hate on the id Tech 3 engine, but anything built on it, still looks like a game from 2001. Hell, DA2 got a better score for its graphics than DS3.

da2_elf.jpg

Rollenspiel-Dungeon-Siege-3-Brueste-745x397-712b0f519304602c.jpg

The pictures speak pretty clear. I think we can all agree at this point that GT never knew what the hell they were talking about, when it comes to graphics, gameplay and video games in general.

Yep, that's a pretty ugly comparison! :thumbsup:

da2_elf.jpg

Thanks, it's been a while since I had nightmares.

That's one of the ugliest elves I've ever seen. I don't remember DA2 looking that crap, though. Unlucky screengrab?

Edited by AddziX