would of been a good game if it hadnt been created. all this technology these days and yet it has absolutely nothing on the original or DS2.

it would appear the mentality of developer is make it have good graphics equals good game.

Does not compute.

simple answer to that, your foriegn. you dont understand the bare concept of english yet.

Yes, my English is not the best. Perhaps you could explain the principle idea behind your last post in simple words so that I might understand it?

ok since you asked nicely; i would of preferred this game had not been created as i believe is a travesty on the dungeon siege name.

congratulations you have stereotyped your self as a typical cancer. anyways im simply expressing my absolute hatred for this backwards game. to which im entitled to with out your narrow minded posts, if you would just leave your keyboard alone and put your **** away i would be very grateful.

oh noes i forgot it was so important to make sure everything is correctly spelled on this forum of world changing matters.

Yes, you are entitled to criticizing the game. You are not entitled to insult everyone who is not sharing your opinion and you are above ALL not entitled to insulting people based on if they are foreign or not.

would of been a good game if it hadnt been created. all this technology these days and yet it has absolutely nothing on the original or DS2.

it would appear the mentality of developer is make it have good graphics equals good game.

Does not compute.

simple answer to that, your foriegn. you dont understand the bare concept of english yet.

Yes, my English is not the best. Perhaps you could explain the principle idea behind your last post in simple words so that I might understand it?

ok since you asked nicely; i would of preferred this game had not been created as i believe is a travesty on the dungeon siege name.

I can respect that. Thanks for explaining it to me.

congratulations you have stereotyped your self as a typical cancer. anyways im simply expressing my absolute hatred for this backwards game. to which im entitled to with out your narrow minded posts, if you would just leave your keyboard alone and put your **** away i would be very grateful.

oh noes i forgot it was so important to make sure everything is correctly spelled on this forum of world changing matters.

Yes, you are entitled to criticizing the game. You are not entitled to insult everyone who is not sharing your opinion and you are above ALL not entitled to insulting people based on if they are foreign or not.

im not sure if you realised but, calling some one a troll because he/she or it disagreed with my opinion in the first place, but i dont expect some one of your calibre to pick up on obvious details like that.

I can understand that you are angry and disappointed, because that is a subjective matter and none of my concern, but I don't get the "the game should not exist" stance. There are a lot of sequels I disliked, but I never hoped they never existed.

Edit: Didn't call you a troll because of your opinion of the game. Also, sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Edited by Labadal

I can understand that you are angry and disappointed, because that is a subjective matter and none of my concern, but I don't get the "the game should not exist" stance. There are a lot of sequels I disliked, but I never hoped they never existed.

I have fond memories of the previous titles and was a big fan of them, but to see it reduced in this ways is actually kind of upstting. its hard for me to understand how they could take so many steps backwards.

Infact no emotion translates well over the t'interweb, but its worth a try.

Edited by VeryAngry

Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot's reviews editor

- Dungeon Siege III review coming next week.

- My in-game Dungeon Siege III timer says I finished the game in about 12 hours. That is an amazingly short length for an RPG.

- Normal difficulty.

- The problem is if you join someone else's game, you don't take your own character.

- I absolutely like the game, but it is a bundle of missed opportunities, particularly where co-op is concerned.

- For example, even online, the camera becomes a major co-op issue because you are forced to stay close.

- I did every side quest I encountered.

7.0 or 7.5 review score to be expected.

I have fond memories of the previous titles and was a big fan of them, but to see it reduced in this ways is actually kind of upstting. its hard for me to understand how they could take so many steps backwards.

Infact no emotion translates well over the t'interweb, but its worth a try.

Sorry to hear you feel that way about the game VeryAngry, but as somebody said, it is perfectly Ok not to like it, as long as it is expressed in a reasonable way (very angry or not). Lets leave snide remarks about whose language skills, punctuation, etc. is superior out of the "debate" :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have felt the same for sequels in other game series. I just moved on to something else instead.

The "game" has only been out a day. i though my level of disappointment after this short time deserves a few posts, you never know the right person may read it, it not impossible.

Whatever your opinion may be, you made way too many grammatical and spelling mistakes to have a right for snide "your foriegn" comments. By doing that you come off as a childish troll and negate any validity to your criticisms.

But hey, it's the internet, so it's all good, I suppose.

I finished the game in about 12 hours. That is an amazingly short length for an RPG.

it's not an RPG, it's a dungeon romp -_- though dungeon romps should be even longer than RPGs. 12 hours with every sidequest. hmmm, not sure what effect the designers wanted to achieve

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I finished the game in about 12 hours. That is an amazingly short length for an RPG.

it's not an RPG, it's a dungeon romp -_- though dungeon romps should be even longer than RPGs. 12 hours with every sidequest. hmmm, not sure what effect the designers wanted to achieve

12Hrs of Singleplayer wouldnt be a Problem for me ( I Beat SP in about 20 Hrs and reached only Lv 19) because there is a Onlne Option included. That was the Main reason i bought DS3. I played DS1 and 2 more than a Year only Online because its freakin Fun hunting Items with Strangers/Friends, finding new Secrets, makin new friends. But in DS3 Multiplayer is Fun forbidden, atleast for me.

So i spend alot of money in a Great SIngleplayer Game with Potential to be also a good Multiplayer Game but only Potential isnt enough to having fun with it.

I still hope they will fix the major issues that be Complained enough from almost every DS3 Player on the Forum here.

So long, i will stick on the SP or just waiting till they fix it

I couldn't care less about multiplayer (though I have to admit, it seems like an ideal game for couch co-op, because the only person I play games with on my PS2 hates long games). I want endless dungeons and tedious fights in my crawlers. 12 to 20 hours is a bit of a let down

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

( I Beat SP in about 20 Hrs and reached only Lv 19)

Really? I'm Level 20 and I've got a fair bit of content left (just completed

Glitterdelve, now going to the Meisters in Stonebridge

). I'm wondering how many sidequests/areas you might have missed, since I didn't 'grind' respawns.

( I Beat SP in about 20 Hrs and reached only Lv 19)

Really? I'm Level 20 and I've got a fair bit of content left (just completed

Glitterdelve, now going to the Meisters in Stonebridge

). I'm wondering how many sidequests/areas you might have missed, since I didn't 'grind' respawns.

Sorry, My Fault. I meant 29 not 19. I Did all Sidequests except one that was Buggy and cant finish it, guess it was one in the Mines to gater some Ore(?!?).

But still, Singleplayer is Fun for a while and then? I see longtime Motivation in Games like that ( Items Hunting) only in Multiplayer and this part is Messed up right now.

I hope they will realise that Point and may they will fix it to something better, well anything is better thant this right now :thumbsup:.

Edit: What is Max level? Cause i cant grind in this Game to get moah lvls, i cant find it out myself.

Edited by Palmtop

Gamespot review

PC version got Alpha protocol score.

A shame but not exactly undeserved.

Ouch, these are very harsh scores from Gamespot & IGN. I understand the PC version getting a lower score than the consoles, but honestly I feel 6.5 and 6.0 are far too low. I would never, ever give this score a lower rating than Dragon Age 2. Quite shocked by these actually. I am loving the game so far, playing with my girlfriend and we haven't had this much fun playing a game since Dark Alliance 2. The game is not without it's problems, too frequent enemy respawning and poor camera controls being the major ones for me so far, but all in all it is a very fun adventure through gorgeous environments peppered with interesting dialogue and good writing.

Honestly, compare it to DA2, how can you possibly say it is worse?!

Edited by Cyn!c

Ouch, these are very harsh scores from Gamespot & IGN. I understand the PC version getting a lower score than the consoles, but honestly I feel 6.5 and 6.0 are far too low. I would never, ever give this score a lower rating than Dragon Age 2. Quite shocked by these actually. I am loving the game so far, playing with my girlfriend and we haven't had this much fun playing a game since Dark Alliance 2. The game is not without it's problems, too frequent enemy respawning and poor camera controls being the major ones for me so far, but all in all it is a very fun adventure through gorgeous environments peppered with interesting dialogue and good writing.

That was pretty harsh review. It's pretty stupid how he goes on about how the controls aren't fine for PC, but I didn't see him mention once how you can use a bloody controller on the PC as well and the controls will be just as fine as on consoles.

Maybe if Dungeon Siege 3 lasted 50 hours (20 of those using same maps over and over again) the game would have gotten a better score.

Hate the living, love the dead.

That was pretty harsh review. It's pretty stupid how he goes on about how the controls aren't fine for PC, but I didn't see him mention once how you can use a bloody controller on the PC as well and the controls will be just as fine as on consoles.

Maybe if Dungeon Siege 3 lasted 50 hours (20 of those using same maps over and over again) the game would have gotten a better score.

Both reviews are sad. They show how out of touch Gamespot and IGN are giving horrible games like Dragon Age 2 8's and above, while giving this very solid, well written game with excellent combat mechanics, 6.5 and under. It seems like the expectations for an ARPG are so set in stone, and if they don't get what they want, ie. Diablo style multi player, then it's just not good. Well this game is something different, but it's still very good and it's sad to see the major sites ignore this. Worse still, this will hurt sales in North America badly. I would have loved to see it get an 8 from both these sites, because imo, that's what it deserves.

Dragon Age 2 on the other hand...5 or 6 would have been more appropriate.

I've been playing the Dungeon Siege series since it was released and Dungeon Siege 3 felt like I was spat at as a hardcore fan. In my opinion a game like this should not be designed for consoles, that is what turned me off from Dragon Age 2. The cinematic cut scenes felt very out of place and the facial expressions are... off-putting. Multiplayer is extremely awkward, it caused a nasty headache after only five minutes of attempting to play. The female characters seem a bit "overdeveloped" for my tastes, but I guess you have to appeal to new male players some way, especially if you want to pull new players from games like Call of Duty or Halo. I do not like how the combat system felt "dumbed down", I liked being able to use multiple skills/spells tactically.

What I miss most from Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege 2 is the Character Customization and the open feeling of the environments. I'd rather not be playing a Dragon Age 2 clone. I've discussed the game with several friends and they all feel the same way.

On a less negative note, I'm curious to who did the music, it does not sound like Soule (who did the music for DS, DS2, and Guild Wars).

I've been playing the Dungeon Siege series since it was released and Dungeon Siege 3 felt like I was spat at as a hardcore fan. In my opinion a game like this should not be designed for consoles, that is what turned me off from Dragon Age 2. The cinematic cut scenes felt very out of place and the facial expressions are... off-putting. Multiplayer is extremely awkward, it caused a nasty headache after only five minutes of attempting to play. The female characters seem a bit "overdeveloped" for my tastes, but I guess you have to appeal to new male players some way, especially if you want to pull new players from games like Call of Duty or Halo. I do not like how the combat system felt "dumbed down", I liked being able to use multiple skills/spells tactically.

What I miss most from Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege 2 is the Character Customization and the open feeling of the environments. I'd rather not be playing a Dragon Age 2 clone. I've discussed the game with several friends and they all feel the same way.

On a less negative note, I'm curious to who did the music, it does not sound like Soule (who did the music for DS, DS2, and Guild Wars).

Dude, it was stated from the outset that this was a reboot. Get over it seriously. The game has great combat mechanics, a rich graphical engine and a well written story line. It's a different game sure, but unlike DA2, it was not created by some marketing focus group. Obsidian has tried hard to put hardcore stat driven gameplay in with a story driven semi cinematic experience, and I think they've pulled off the middle ground quite well.

Really hope the scores don't hurt it so much that it doesn't get an expansion or DLC. That would suck because I'll be wanting more for sure.

Another Kevin Vanord review? Bleh.

See, I don't get how people are claiming DS3's combat system is dumbed down. I really don't. In DS1, there were no skills or abilities. Combat was purely an auto-attack affair regardless if you were melee, ranged, or combat/nature magic. You could let the game play itself. So no, I'm really not seeing how DS3 is dumbed down compared to its predecessor.

And honestly, I like the direction Obsidian has taken with DS3. If I wanted to play Diablo, I'd play Diablo.

Dungeon Siege 1&2 was click&win combat requiring no skill or strategy. DS1 archery skill was completely overpowered, setting everyone to archery was an effective god mode.

i much prefer this new combat system which requires some modicum of skill at least.