hahaha

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

OXM

Obsidian even make jokes about the game's inability to deal with more nuanced morality. Conversations can never be used to avoid a battle - they're just various inconsequential ways into that fight, with a "what did we learn today?" conversation at the end. Take one mission, in a underground factory operated by slave cyclops. As it's an industrial dispute, you're told to keep casualties to a minimum.

But this is a game where every creature that's not giving missions is set to attack. So you have to kill every cyclops you see. Then, you meet the boss, and lay into him until the cutscene debriefing. "Why don't these people talk to us before we've fought them?" asks your companion. It's odd, seeing a game try to disarm you by making a joke out of its own irrationality. But in terms of generating a sense of begrudging fondness, it kind of works.

Yeaahhh, I'm pretty sure the reviewer didn't actually get the real joke here. Also there is actually (at least one from what I've seen) non-combat quest which renders his entire argument moot...

Comes across more positive than I expected of the score. Has some Reinhart info I was unaware of. He's got a dead zone between his regular attacks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Dungeon Siege III will likely make you question your expectations of a fantasy action RPG, and more specifically, whether you believe a single-player lootfest is worth sixty dollars today. It's usually uncommon for me to begin a review with the price tag, since it always drops with time and I look at the design first and foremost. But I only realized that the game was primarily a single-player experience after completing the 12-hour campaign when I tried, well, the multiplayer. Consider this a fair warning."

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xbox360/dungeon-siege-3

:lol:

OXM

Obsidian even make jokes about the game's inability to deal with more nuanced morality. Conversations can never be used to avoid a battle - they're just various inconsequential ways into that fight, with a "what did we learn today?" conversation at the end. Take one mission, in a underground factory operated by slave cyclops. As it's an industrial dispute, you're told to keep casualties to a minimum.

But this is a game where every creature that's not giving missions is set to attack. So you have to kill every cyclops you see. Then, you meet the boss, and lay into him until the cutscene debriefing. "Why don't these people talk to us before we've fought them?" asks your companion. It's odd, seeing a game try to disarm you by making a joke out of its own irrationality. But in terms of generating a sense of begrudging fondness, it kind of works.

Yeaahhh, I'm pretty sure the reviewer didn't actually get the real joke here. Also there is actually (at least one from what I've seen) non-combat quest which renders his entire argument moot...

Isn't that your classic BioWare design though. Reavers in Dragon Age. You would kill pretty much everyone in like 2-3 different maps and then you could join them when you finally get to their leader...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Comes across more positive than I expected of the score. Has some Reinhart info I was unaware of. He's got a dead zone between his regular attacks.

Yup. Matt MacLean said that Reinhart's deadzone makes him very tricky to play.

CVG: 7.9/10

Interesting that he lists bugs as a negative. Unless I can't read well, the review doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about bugs or glitches.

Yup. Matt MacLean said that Reinhart's deadzone makes him very tricky to play.

I like tricky.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The best part of that OXM review is this

The Kingdom of Ehb has very little in the way of gender-based enlightenment and a useful memo to developers everywhere - women don't keep their personality in their chest.

Yeah, totally.

Except:

-All of the big factions (Lescanzi/Royals/Azunite) in the game are lead by women

-The hero of the first game is established here in canon as female

-Archons are the right hand people of the old gods. And since the gods probably can't be described with male/female this leaves females actually as the "superior" gender.

Man, this game is just so mysgonistic.

I mean I understand the sentiment towards the charachter clothing. But its used as a desperate punchline against the writing...

Edited by C2B

Reading stuff like "Dungeon Siege III isn't polished to a t" and knowing how small and unambitious the game is.. it's just fairly disheartening. Won't really judge the game until I get my hands on a final copy of the game, though, but going by the demo I can already see where they were coming from.

"Dungeon Siege III will likely make you question your expectations of a fantasy action RPG, and more specifically, whether you believe a single-player lootfest is worth sixty dollars today. It's usually uncommon for me to begin a review with the price tag, since it always drops with time and I look at the design first and foremost. But I only realized that the game was primarily a single-player experience after completing the 12-hour campaign when I tried, well, the multiplayer. Consider this a fair warning."

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/xbox360/dungeon-siege-3

:lol:

Hope it's good but this one is pretty much a single player game, guess we all knew that though.

Reading stuff like "Dungeon Siege III isn't polished to a t" and knowing how small and unambitious the game is.. it's just fairly disheartening. Won't really judge the game until I get my hands on a final copy of the game, though, but going by the demo I can already see where they were coming from.
Did you play F:NV? Was it good/fun?

It is funny, though, the fact the reviewers say co-op is better than single-player but don

It was great in my opinion, although it had its flaw (quest design was very mixed in my opinion, though the highs were really high, and, of course, extremely buggy). It was also largely Bethesda's code, although Obsidian tweaked the engine here and there.

P.S. The GameMunition review is some of the worst writing I've seen in a review in a long time. =/

It was great in my opinion, although it had its flaw (quest design was very mixed in my opinion, though the highs were really high, and, of course, extremely buggy). It was also largely Bethesda's code, although Obsidian tweaked the engine here and there.

So if you liked the buggy, outdated (graphics I mean) NV, why wouldn't you like the solid DS3? :lol:

So if you liked the buggy, outdated (graphics I mean) NV, why wouldn't you like the solid DS3? :lol:

New Vegas is a sprawling open-world RPG with an enormous depth when it comes to quest design, which also allows for a variety of playstyles. Dungeon Siege III is a solid story focused console co-op hack'n'slash, which nonetheless has some polish issues.

I'm honestly baffled you can't see what I mean, so I'll just chalk it up to you being intentionally stupid to defend the game.

P.S. : I bought it. I'm probably going to enjoy it. I'm just sad seeing that no matter how much Obsidian reduces the scope, the core issues remain there. And that's probably the last comment I'll make on the company's direction, rest of the comments will be about the game, I promise.

@WUE: Other than the Mouse and Keyboard control problems, the game doesn't seem to suffer from any issues.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm honestly baffled you can't see what I mean, so I'll just chalk it up to you being intentionally stupid to defend the game.
Wow, aren't you nice.

Your complaint was no ambition and apparent bugs. No innovation (I'm guessing you mostly mean this under ambition) doesn't make a game bad and bugs, those were in NV too.

So it's more like I'm baffled what your problem is.

I'll just chalk it up to you being an AAA elitist. See, I can be rude too.