FFXIII is 83 and can be explained away with high production values.

Or maybe for some bizzare reason they liked FFXIII. I know hard to understand, but possible.

Nah man, the conspiracy goes much deeper than that. The world government, ruled by shapechanging space lizards is choosing which games to promote to subjugate the masses better for their inevitable takeover.

Ah another one, please wait patiently while a official from the NWO- I mean UN, comes to your home to silen-help you.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't get how people that question game journalists integrity because they give a game they dislike a high score, or don't give a game they like a high score, can then turn around and link to reviews that give a game they like a good score as proof of quality.

I dunno, I just hope I'm being honest with myself here. I always trusted reviewers, I'm just extremely suspicious of some special cases, and I think this started with PC Gamer's review of DA2. Something was off with that thing, and the scores by my usual sources, 4/10 by Canard PC and 68/100 by PC Jeux (the French version of PC Gamer) just fortified my opinion. By the end of the week, I should know what they have to say about DS3.

I don't get how people that question game journalists integrity because they give a game they dislike a high score, or don't give a game they like a high score, can then turn around and link to reviews that give a game they like a good score as proof of quality.

I dunno, I just hope I'm being honest with myself here. I always trusted reviewers, I'm just extremely suspicious of some special cases, and I think this started with PC Gamer's review of DA2. Something was off with that thing, and the scores by my usual sources, 4/10 by Canard PC and 68/100 by PC Jeux (the French version of PC Gamer) just fortified my opinion. By the end of the week, I should know what they have to say about DS3.

I can't see Canard PC giving it a high score just because of the controls. They are usually a veeery PC hardcore centric magazine, aren't they?

I can't see Canard PC giving it a high score just because of the controls. They are usually a veeery PC hardcore centric magazine, aren't they?

Dunno. Omar Boulon said that for Alpha Protocol, he ended up branching up his PC to his TV and wiping out the X-Box controller, for more comfort I think. They seem pretty much open on that front. With what little I know of their work ethics, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like taking off one point but clearly mentioning it in their review. But truth be told, I'm anxious about their review ;) .

GamesAktuell.de Video Review

Score isn't posted on the website so far. They mainly praised the differences in Gameplay between the charachters, the enviroments and the design of the dungeons. They critizize the presentation of dialouge sequences (puppet like animations, Charachter Models don't look as good in close-ups) and the PC controls.

They gave it a recommendation at the end for every ARPG/RPG Fan and one of them called it "a little more than your typical ARPG".

They gave 85 %. :lol:

Edit:

PC Action: 84 %

buffed.de: 82 %

Edited by Bendu

GamaGanda: 8.8/10

Never heard of the site but I know he's finished the game judging by the screenshots. Note: screenshots are spoilery!

That was a nice, to the point review. Not full of hype or marketing talking points, quite honest and fair really. Reinhart looks very cool. I hope we get some extra characters through DLC or an expansion. I know everyone will flame me for this, but it would be awesome if a squenix character like lightning or balthier made an appearance as a secret character! it would make no sense lore wise, but it could be explained by some sort of I dimensional gate or something. I just think they would be really fun to play in this game.

That was a nice, to the point review. Not full of hype or marketing talking points, quite honest and fair really. Reinhart looks very cool. I hope we get some extra characters through DLC or an expansion.

Me too. Considering the style of the game, new playable characters might make for a nice DLC. As someone said in another topic, some concept art seemed to point at a discarded character (apparently an elven archer... original, I know), maybe they could use him?

Never heard of the site but I know he's finished the game judging by the screenshots. Note: screenshots are spoilery!

I just dropped by spotting Ziets post, which should be above my post, while idly browsing since my skimming radar hadn't spotted any new info in this board but thanks for pointing me to the review, which is refreshingly nicely written. o:)

I just dropped by spotting Ziets post, which should be above my post, while idly browsing since my skimming radar hadn't spotted any new info in this board but thanks for pointing me to the review, which is refreshingly nicely written. o:)

No problem. o:)

Apparently the embargo ends on Wednesday, 9 AM PST. The guy who interviewed Nathaniel Chapman on SuicideGirls will be doing a review as well. His thoughts on the game (from SomethingAwful):

Doing every single sidequest, listening to every line of dialogue, reading every bit of fluff, and exploring every nook and cranny looking for loots it took me about a day and a half. I didn't count the exact hours, but the first day I played it practically nonstop from about 9AM to about 9PM, then started again the next morning and beat it in the afternoon of the second day. But I felt there were at least two single-player playthroughs in it, once for each pair of characters and general binary choices, and at least another few for co-op.

And I will say this: I enjoyed literally every second of it. In fact, the first day I never even looked up until about 4PM when my stomach growled and I realized I'd skipped lunch.

Apparently the embargo ends on Wednesday, 9 AM PST. The guy who interviewed Nathaniel Chapman on SuicideGirls will be doing a review as well. His thoughts on the game (from SomethingAwful):

I guess they had different embargo dates in Europe and in USA. Gonna check out the other Finnish gaming magazines today if they had the review. I doubt it though, since pretty much all of em except for Pelit comes out pretty much the 1st day of each month.

I didn't know Ziets was allowed to post here! I thought he was locked in some deep basement writing material for the next game o:)

Hate the living, love the dead.

I didn't know Ziets was allowed to post here! I thought he was locked in some deep basement writing material for the next game :p

Maybe they let him out for a few days since the game is almost here. :(

Did they take down the gamaganda review? Can't find it on their site.

Edited by Oner

I didn't know Ziets was allowed to post here! I thought he was locked in some deep basement writing material for the next game :)

Maybe they let him out for a few days since the game is almost here. :lol:

Did they take down the gamaganda review? Can't find it on their site.

I think so there appear an error now.

That's the guy who did the great interview with Nathaniel.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: