Lots of pirates are enjoying the game, from the codex over to something awful, there are heaps of people saying it's good. You're only listening to the hate, which up to this point mainly consists of nonsensical rage quit comments like

• THIS ISN'T DUNGEON SIEGE RAAAR
  • This is consolized. I don't care about anything else, it's consolized and that means automatically and unequivocally that it is bad
  • The voice acting is bad
  • These graphics are last gen
  • Multiplayer isn't what I want. I wanted Diablo style multiplayer. This doesn't have that, therefore it sucks.
  • Loot doesn't change the character model

Sorry but all of these complaints are cop outs. Let's address them shall we?

• It's a reboot. Deal with it.
  • It was made in the vein of very popular console ARPGs; Dark Alliance and Champions of Norath
  • The voice acting seemed fine to me, what do you want the developers to spend more money on? Voice actors or programmers?
  • Graphics are top down with some very nice environments and effects, sure the character models aren't great close up, but 99% of the game is played from a zoomed out view so...
  • This is not a Diablo clone, it's a different kind of ARPG. There can be more than one you know...kind of like how Tekken and Street Fighter are both fighting games, but you know, different?
  • It does change, just for different types of armour and even for different kinds of the same armour there are slight changes.

Okay, look I can understand the rage over the multi player, but seriously it's just not that kind of game. Other than this the only valid complaints that I've heard so far are regarding the camera and control scheme on the PC. I think both could have been improved, but I think the PC will be getting a patch for the controls at least for sure.

Please remember that we can't link to or quote impressions or thoughts from people who are playing the full game already - since they are most likely stealing the game, and it is rather silly to encourage or implicitly accept piracy on the developer's own forum. :) This will, of course, change in about two and a half days. I realise sometimes people get games early legitimately (retailers breaking dates, etc), but at the moment...

As for how important that information is, that is up to you to judge. Myself, I've seen so many games where at release you get a huge torrent of impressions, both laughably positive and negative, and find that it takes people a couple of weeks to give the game a proper go and get some proper impressions (unless they've ragequit, in which case, how valuable is that opinion?).

This will, of course, change in about two and a half days. I realise sometimes people get games early legitimately (retailers breaking dates, etc), but at the moment...

You remind me of the clerk of the store at which I reserved (not the same as pre-ordered) the game. Told me one advantage of reservation was that maybe I could have the game one or two days early. I thought, 'great!'. Only hours later did I thing 'Wait, the game uses Steam Cloud, what good would that do to me when the game will surely be Steam-locked?' :) .

Edited by Sannom

I just took a look over at the codex...it seems the vast majority of people there hated it. Oh, and lots of people there too claiming it's only 10-14 hours long.

:)

I don't want this game to be bad or anything, but the teeth gnashing from the hammer legion is hilarious.

I just took a look over at the codex...it seems the vast majority of people there hated it. Oh, and lots of people there too claiming it's only 10-14 hours long.

The vast majority beeing Obsidian haters aka: Skyway + Friends?

Also the codex isn't really the right place to look for opinions other than the few people you can agree on/are similiar to you.

Edited by C2B

Also the codex isn't really the right place to look for opinions other than the few people you can agree on/are similiar to you.

This sounds eerily familiar...

:)

Said nothing in defense of other places or myself. :)

I was just looking through the threads at all the individual posts on what the general consensus was...it wasn't positive. I didn't bring up the Codex either, someone else did so I went and checked it out.

I was just looking through the threads at all the individual posts on what the general consensus was...it wasn't positive. I didn't bring up the Codex either, someone else did so I went and checked it out.

Ok, then. :)

I didn't say they all hated it, just the it's much more negative than positive....and it is. I do understand the Codex as well, and I also understand the English language and can clearly read what people write.

You could release a cure for cancer and the Codex would be more negative than positive about it.

I didn't say they all hated it, just the it's much more negative than positive....and it is. I do understand the Codex as well, and I also understand the English language and can clearly read what people write.

You could release a cure for cancer and the Codex would be more negative than positive about it.

Aye, and if you think they are being negative about DS3, go read some DA2 threads... Now those were fun to read at work.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Lots of pirates are enjoying the game, from the codex over to something awful, there are heaps of people saying it's good. You're only listening to the hate, which up to this point mainly consists of nonsensical rage quit comments like

[*]It was made in the vein of very popular console ARPGs; Dark Alliance and Champions of Norath

Okay, look I can understand the rage over the multi player, but seriously it's just not that kind of game. Other than this the only valid complaints that I've heard so far are regarding the camera and control scheme on the PC. I think both could have been improved, but I think the PC will be getting a patch for the controls at least for sure.

I don't think it's very proper to mention Champions of Norath and DS3 in the same light. The Norath game are so much more feature rich than this title it really IS NOT FUNNY. PS2 games that are WAY more feature rich than this title.

DS3 should be a half-price release. I'll wait until its $30 regardless.

I don't think it's very proper to mention Champions of Norath and DS3 in the same light. The Norath game are so much more feature rich than this title it really IS NOT FUNNY. PS2 games that are WAY more feature rich than this title.

PC version costs only 31-40 euros in Europe :shifty:

Hate the living, love the dead.

[*]It was made in the vein of very popular console ARPGs; Dark Alliance and Champions of Norath

Its a good comparison. This game is an update over the Champions of Norrath gameplay and I like it. Only thing missing is a new game plus difficulty with carry over. Also, at least this game requires some strategy with stances while Champions and Dark Alliance is all just hack and spam your best skill.

PC version costs only 31-40 euros in Europe :p

shopto.net has it for

PC version costs only 31-40 euros in Europe :p

shopto.net has it for

I don't get how people that question game journalists integrity because they give a game they dislike a high score, or don't give a game they like a high score, can then turn around and link to reviews that give a game they like a good score as proof of quality.

Now I'm going to get the but, Obs are a smaller company and less well known, so they can't 'bribe' these questionable journalists. To that I say SquareEnix is a massive publisher that can bribe journalist just as easy as Acti, Ubi, EA and Bethesda, I mean they did buy Eidos. Add to that the price to bribe a journalist isn't that high apparently..... What was one, put them up in a fancy hotel to play the game thery're reviewing.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't get how people that question game journalists integrity because they give a game they dislike a high score, or don't give a game they like a high score, can then turn around and link to reviews that give a game they like a good score as proof of quality.

Now I'm going to get the but, Obs are a smaller company and less well known, so they can't 'bribe' these questionable journalists. To that I say SquareEnix is a massive publisher that can bribe journalist just as easy as Acti, Ubi, EA and Bethesda, I mean they did buy Eidos. Add to that the price to bribe a journalist isn't that high apparently..... What was one, put them up in a fancy hotel to play the game thery're reviewing.

I can't really remember a recent game from then where the score is really obviously too high. Actually several got a really low score. In some ways undeserved (NIER). FFXIII is 83 and can be explained away with high production values.

Edited by C2B

I think you answered your own question.

Nah man, the conspiracy goes much deeper than that. The world government, ruled by shapechanging space lizards is choosing which games to promote to subjugate the masses better for their inevitable takeover.

Edited by Purkake

Nah man, the conspiracy goes much deeper than that. The world government, ruled by shapechanging space lizards is choosing which games to promote to subjugate the masses better for their inevitable takeover.

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense.