Sexual equality

Walsingham

Always keen to build bridges with my enemies I thought I'd post a thread which LoF and I can agree on ...at least in terms of the problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13264301

In brief, India is seeing a pronounced trend for families to abort female foetuses. Male babies are seen as stronger breadwinners and continuations of a family, while girls are seen as a dead end. So it struck me that this is literally a case of equal rights being denied and leading to MDK. I think that's pretty ****ed up, and underlines the need for a society to give equal positive potential to both sexes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Business? :skeptical:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes, with all the marrying them off before they're even born in exchange for huge numbers of cash.

Or at least, that's something I was told. I've never really seen any confirmation of it anywhere, so it may never have been true in the first place. :/

Edited by TrueNeutral

Doe sthat mean there's some sort of market for all our deranged and shiftless slappers?

-Elwood Blues

Doe sthat mean there's some sort of market for all our deranged and shiftless slappers?

I don't think we could even pay them to take 'em. Have you seen the state of some of them? I mean really... Orange isn't a skin colour! And thats just the start!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I don't think we could even pay them to take 'em. Have you seen the state of some of them? I mean really... Orange isn't a skin colour! And thats just the start!

True. But presumably if we were exporting them we could package them up. Like other countries do with their fruit. Wash them, maybe? There's a job for the shofty scrotes that you might just get them to enjoy. A plan with no drawbacks!

-Elwood Blues

Aaaw, I thought this was a thread about the rights of men to have as much sex as women do! Because as it is, we have to work so much harder for the same amount of coitus. Not fair and equal, bro.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's clearly not true, Kaft.

Back from another wedding. Spent first evening wondering what offence I'd caused to have this rather cracking little brunette keep taking the p*** by excessively flirting with me. Last night finally dawned on me that she was serious. :):skeptical:

-Elwood Blues

That's clearly not true, Kaft.

Back from another wedding. Spent first evening wondering what offence I'd caused to have this rather cracking little brunette keep taking the p*** by excessively flirting with me. Last night finally dawned on me that she was serious. :)o:)

Yeah, I think lots of us miss blindingly obvious opportunities like that, I certainly could have had a ton of fun...looking back ;)

Soooo... Basically... the two most populated asian countries are now unconsciously breeding themselves out of existence.

Interesting

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Soooo... Basically... the two most populated asian countries are now unconsciously breeding themselves out of existence.

Interesting

The problem with any limited resource is that people generally don't just keel over when they run out of something they really need, they tend to to go after it... aggressively if necessary *cough* USA and oil *cough*. I suspect that they'll start going after the, ahem, punani as Ali G puts it, way before they start dying. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A surplus of dudes with minimal prospect of finding boobs/sex/marriage has historically been a rather unhealthy thing for overall societal stability. You see this mostly in societies with widely-practiced patriarchal polygamy, where elites hoard the available women. If they're not exiled, made to die in wars, or dealt with in some other fashion, these surplus dudes have a tendency to glom on to whatever revolutionary movement happens by (including violent extremism).

Edited by Enoch

Interesting

The problem with any limited resource is that people generally don't just keel over when they run out of something they really need, they tend to to go after it... aggressively if necessary *cough* USA and oil *cough*. I suspect that they'll start going after the, ahem, punani as Ali G puts it, way before they start dying. :)

Are you implying that India and China will invade a nearby country in order to collect females in 20 years?

Aaaw, I thought this was a thread about the rights of men to have as much sex as women do! Because as it is, we have to work so much harder for the same amount of coitus. Not fair and equal, bro.

Finally! Some one gets it.

Are you implying that India and China will invade a nearby country in order to collect females in 20 years?

They probably could since it's estimated that there's over 100 million extra males in those countries by the time they hit adulthood. Chinas ratio is 1,17 males per female and India it's 1,13. That's more males then all the deaths in both world wars.

Many parts of the africa are in constant state of warfare because of the so called youth bulge. It's bad enough by itself, but when there's huge difference in male female sex ratio, it's chaos. Rape statistics got thru the roof, riots and gang warfare.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

A surplus of dudes with minimal prospect of finding boobs/sex/marriage has historically been a rather unhealthy thing for overall societal stability.

Could you elaborate where historically such a thing took place?

Because the only thing that comes to my mind are rare and extreme cases of mass-murder when kidnapping attempts failed.

So it struck me that this is literally a case of equal rights being denied

Would that not require there to be a right to be born?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I agree that excess dudes causes trouble. My analysis of the so-called Arab Spring is a case of excess unemployed men.

I'd cheerfully put a tenner on there being journal studies of this phenomenon. But I can attest to it personally. Just meet some young unemployed fellahs. They don't just get antsy. They're positively up for any kind of work or mischief, and they're angry. Very very angry.

InSidious: I think my original point was that denying equal rights to a great degree creates a society in which women are devlaued so far that people will abort purely on that basis.

And before anyone points out the inconsistency in my pro-choice stance and this thread, I'm still trying to work it out myself.

-Elwood Blues

Either that, or the other alternatives listed above.

Of course, there are more ways of "invading" that the classic use of military force, these days. Lots of high-paying "modeling jobs" to entice young women from poorer countries? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Of course, there are more ways of "invading" that the classic use of military force, these days. Lots of high-paying "modeling jobs" to entice young women from poorer countries? :sorcerer:

Mail order Western brides.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Of course, there are more ways of "invading" that the classic use of military force, these days. Lots of high-paying "modeling jobs" to entice young women from poorer countries? :lol:

Well, rednecks would certainly produce enough offspring for them.

Of course, there are more ways of "invading" that the classic use of military force, these days. Lots of high-paying "modeling jobs" to entice young women from poorer countries? :lol:

Well, rednecks would certainly produce enough offspring for them.

But we only send the fat ones, that way we solve 2 problems: we get rid of current fat chicks and we encourage others to stay fit so they won't get sent to India.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif