Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Watched Band of Brothers over the past few days, now making up my mind between watching Machete or going to bed.

Machete must always be watched.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also started watching Boardwalk Empire.

That's a good one, how you liking it so far?

Really good so far. It doesn't hurt that I am a fan of Steve Buscemi. He fits the Nucky role perfectly. I've only seen two episodes so far, third episode airs tomorrow. With the way it ended, I have eagerly anticipated the next episode this whole week. My approval of the series is increased thanks to it being about gangsters and taking place during the 20's. Not that I know how it felt in the 20's, but I feel they have nailed the setting. I also think the overall acting is good and there are always interesting stuff that happens.

In preparation for episode 3, I decided to watch Goodfellas for the 7th or 8th time.

Watched Band of Brothers over the past few days, now making up my mind between watching Machete or going to bed.

Machete must always be watched.

It was awesome, looks like I have to get hobo with a shotgun next.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Really good so far. It doesn't hurt that I am a fan of Steve Buscemi. He fits the Nucky role perfectly. I've only seen two episodes so far, third episode airs tomorrow. With the way it ended, I have eagerly anticipated the next episode this whole week. My approval of the series is increased thanks to it being about gangsters and taking place during the 20's. Not that I know how it felt in the 20's, but I feel they have nailed the setting. I also think the overall acting is good and there are always interesting stuff that happens.

In preparation for episode 3, I decided to watch Goodfellas for the 7th or 8th time.

If it was up to me they would win costume design of the year every year, they really sell the bit. Plus, it has been a while since they'd done a proper crime drama about the 20's and now Guy Ritchie has moved on to doing Sherlock Holmes movies leaving us without a sequel to RocknRolla. Which its fine by me, I love the new Holmes there should be like 10 of those.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Tintin.

Lots of amusing little touches. The opening scene has Tintin getting his picture drawn by a street artist. As the camera pans around, all of the artists previous work is on a board in the background - all the exact illustrations of a horde of recognisable characters from the original books. Then when the artist does the "i think i've captured your essence" and turns the sketch around... it's Tintin from the books.

If it was up to me they would win costume design of the year every year, they really sell the bit. Plus, it has been a while since they'd done a proper crime drama about the 20's and now Guy Ritchie has moved on to doing Sherlock Holmes movies leaving us without a sequel to RocknRolla. Which its fine by me, I love the new Holmes there should be like 10 of those.

Funny coincidence, I have the new(ish) Holmes lined up for today. I saw it in a hotel in the Netherlands a couple of years ago and that didn't impress me too much... but the situation wasn't better. But today it'll be blu-ray and the bigger screen and audio system of Bio Hazard (my home cinema, will probably be clearer to nordics). :p

Tintin.

Lots of amusing little touches. The opening scene has Tintin getting his picture drawn by a street artist. As the camera pans around, all of the artists previous work is on a board in the background - all the exact illustrations of a horde of recognisable characters from the original books. Then when the artist does the "i think i've captured your essence" and turns the sketch around... it's Tintin from the books.

The artist is Herg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Been catching up on a lot of non-essential movies I've missed over the past year. Thor was a waste of time (though Natalie Portman seems more attractive by the year) and the dude had a pretty good muscle mass/acting ability index. Blitz was basic Statham fare, coupled with what looked like a troubled post-production. By the time I got to X-Men: First Class, I was near-hopeless, but that one turned out to be pretty good, actually.

Been catching up on a lot of non-essential movies I've missed over the past year. Thor was a waste of time (though Natalie Portman seems more attractive by the year) and the dude had a pretty good muscle mass/acting ability index. Blitz was basic Statham fare, coupled with what looked like a troubled post-production. By the time I got to X-Men: First Class, I was near-hopeless, but that one turned out to be pretty good, actually.

Thor is just a fun popcorn flick where Kirk's dad wants to bone Queen Amidala.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thor is just a fun popcorn flick where Kirk's dad wants to bone Queen Amidala.

IMO didn't deliver even on that count. :p

For whatever reason, I never watched Battlestar Galactica when it was on TV, but am working my way through the series now. I'm just about halfway through the final season, and realized The Plan is included as a second disc in the case for Disc 4, Season 4.0. According to anything I read previously, The Plan wasn't supposed to be included into the Complete Series box set, but there it is.

My thought is, if The Plan is included here, should I watch it before starting season 4.5, or wait until after I've finished the whole thing? I've enjoyed the series immensely so far (except for

Tigh and Tyrol being cylons. I mean, what the hell??

), and I really don't want to spoil anything about how it all ends.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Harry Potter, the last one. It was .... ok. A bit anti-climatic imo. Mostly I ordered it because I've seen all the others and can't not see the last one, right? The wand-saber duels are old hat by now, but Ralph Fiennes hamming it up always makes me smile.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My thought is, if The Plan is included here, should I watch it before starting season 4.5, or wait until after I've finished the whole thing?

I watched Razor before starting season 4 and The Plan after season 4. Of course that was a while ago, so now I'm not even sure if the details in The Plan would have made much difference when watched in the middle rather than at the end.

Not a spoiler per se, but the ending was a bit of a let down. Biggest disappointment since Alan Campbells Deepgate books. What started out so promising in the City of Chains fizzled out so completely towards the end in Deus ex Machina stuff.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I watched Razor before starting season 4 and The Plan after season 4. Of course that was a while ago, so now I'm not even sure if the details in The Plan would have made much difference when watched in the middle rather than at the end.

Not a spoiler per se, but the ending was a bit of a let down. Biggest disappointment since Alan Campbells Deepgate books. What started out so promising in the City of Chains fizzled out so completely towards the end in Deus ex Machina stuff.

I did the same as you, regarding Razor, and anything I saw wouldn't have spoiled much of the show If I'd watched it earlier, but there were definitely moments where I'd have said, 'oh yeah that happened in Razor.' Don't want to do that this time around, so thanks :) And yep I've heard the ending of the show left a lot of people unhappy. Honestly that's part of the reason I avoided getting the box set for so long.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

It looks like they migh tbe overdoing it a bit, but I still think it will rule. I thought Lundgren died in the first one?

Ah, you must have missed the finale.. He survived, was chatting happily with them during the celebrations.