Dungeon Siege III demo available: X360 on May 31, PS3/PC on June 7

The timing of the release may not be that bad. Dragon Age 2 had been released quite a while with that reputation. Fable III doesn't seem to be so successful. Witcher 2 is exclusively for PC. So, at the moment, a possible rival is just Brian Fargo's Hunted.

Also, different from Alpha Protocol's case, Obsidian chose a younger designer like Chapman who have grown up with contemporary console works. One thing I couldn't believe about Alpha Protocol was that Obsidian doesn't seem to have studied/made some researches on the game-plays of contemporary consoles while they are expected to sell in the market. If Obsidian is staying on business, they need to satisfy the expectation of a targeted players of each product.

BTW, I've never been bushing AP at all. It's just about the presentation. They seem to have tried to follow the scheme of Deus Ex and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines while the former is nearly 10 years old while the latter is heavily criticized about the game-play even on PC. Some PC gamers, especially old-timers (yea, like some people like you in Obsidian), may not find they are serious problems but Obsidian and Sega's main target was console ones.

As a PC gamer, of course, I'd be not happy with probable clunky control but, as long as Obsidian can supply me with story-driven RPGs with decent writings, memorable NPCs and interesting C&C, then, I could stand some downers such as probable bad (not unplayable!) control schemes. Just please know yourself, your already earned fans and study/do some research on your newly targeted players. My two cents.

PS So, Onyx's debut is May 31? Fingers crossed.

@ Eriksharp : couldn't you say that yesterday instead of today? I'm feeling bad now : the demo for PS3 and X-Box 360 is pushed back to June 22nd, while the PC version is still stated for a June 7th release.

Wait, scrap that, it seems this is the schedule for Europe, the US versions should still get out at the previous dates.

Edited by Sannom

@ Eriksharp : couldn't you say that yesterday instead of today? I'm feeling bad now : the demo for PS3 and X-Box 360 is pushed back to June 22nd, while the PC version is still stated for a June 7th release.

Wait, scrap that, it seems this is the schedule for Europe, the US versions should still get out at the previous dates.

What? The demo, a free download made to promote sales of a game, has different release dates for different geographical zones? What kind of sense does that make?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: