KOTOR 2 screenshot and KOTOR details

EDIT : MEANT TO SAY 'KOTOR 2 DETAILS'

Firstly where is this screenshot everyone is talking about? But al least i got some info from EGM Mag

- Through conversations, you not only shape you past, but also what happened in the original KotOR

- You star(t) as an exiled Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars

- You do not get a lightsabre until later in the game

- You somehow get control of the Ebon Hawk

- The only character to return to your cast is T3-M4

- While HK-47 will not return, you will get someone just like him

- Instead of one main opponent, you oppose Sith Lords

- The number of customizable gear will increase ten-fold

- 2 members of the new cast is a older Jedi (female) and a ("pretty boy", imo) soldier

- All of the characters have side-quests, like in the first

- Revan's in an unkown part of the galaxy, and will return at some point in the game

- As you upgrade your feats, the feat animation gets more complex

- On top of the Guardian, Sentinel, and Consular classes, you advance to one of the following classes:

Jedi Master (like Yoda)

Jedi Watchman (like Obi-Wan)

Jedi Weapon Master (like Mace Windu)

Sith Lord (Emperor Palpatine)

Sith Marauder (like Darth Maul)

Sith Assasing (?)

- New force powers

- TURRET FIGHTS ARE OPTIONAL NOW!

(Posted from IGN fourms)

So where is that screen shot?

The internet, you have to love it and hate it at the same time...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Revan's still alive?  How far ahead in time are we?

I hope that Revan being in KotOR2 is some kind of crap, what isn't true. I mean, in kotor1, Revan was you, and you shaped him by your will - the portrait, the force alignment etc. But if he is in kotor2, he would be someone else - for example, the developers need to choose only one portrait for him, what certainly wouldn't be every player's favourite choice in kotor1. Also he would need voice acting, what he didn't have in kotor1... and so on.

They would ruin every player's imagination of their Revan in Kotor1

so, this can't be right...

The only character to return to your cast is T3-M4

While HK-47 will not return

Disappointing! But maybe T3 can be a useful character this time. A sequel should improve what was weak in the original, not simply take the best elements and rehash them.

I hope that Revan being in KotOR2 is some kind of crap, what isn't true.

I used to think that way, but with the immense popularity of Revan it's common sense to have the character appear in the sequel. You don't need a portrait or voice. Revan didn't speak in KotOR either, so just put him in the robes and mask again..

Give the little guy AT (All Terrain) ability, a Fusion Call, a Cattle Prod, a Flamethrower and a Bozar. Lean back and watch him rock! *bzzt* *ouch*, *dakakaka* *splat*, *whooosh* *arghhh...* B)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A T3 droid would be good if you have a ship and need a droid for repairs and such (as per the movie version R2 unit). If a CRPG it'd still be a limited choice, but I really don't have any use for a T4 aside from opening the doors that only it can open. A C3PO type unit would be much more usefult to a CRPG than an assassin droid. You need some searchable, interactive d-base for cultural info, schematics, etc.

I wasn't at all invested in the original companions (though I couldn't bring myself to kill them off for a DS solution). If you're going to put Revan in the sequel, he'd have to be DS (either slipped back or continued on as the new Lord of the Sith). Though it might be interesting to make the goal of KoTOR 2 to either kill or bring him/her back to LS, it'd limit possibilities for a sequel in that you'd be stuck with similar cultures and peoples.

I still say either set it well before or well after KoTOR 1 for both consistency (no assuimptions how the original was completed) and originality. How about this as a plot...

As a young child with force potential on a Sith plaet (the real Sith, not the fake sort) you're placed in an academy (or temple) to learn the force. As the game starts, you are given te option to continue your training as a Sith jedi (specializing in class at that point)) or to escape and pursue another career. It'd provide a greater flexibility but would be difficult to script.

As a young child with force potential on a Sith plaet (the real Sith, not the fake sort) you're placed in an academy (or temple) to learn the force.

The real Sith has been dead for a long time in KOTOR:s timeframe....

I dont see any point in paying attention to these rumours.

Rumours? You mean a magazine preview with quotes from Obsidian's Chris Avellone and LucasArts?

I'm sure the mag just made all that up.

Hey, maybe this is a belated April Fools?

:rolleyes:

I dont see any point in paying attention to these rumours.

I think he is kidding.

Either way, if you need this magazine to know it was kotor2.......I mean come on.

You must have been asking Bioware for a DNA sample so you can confirm your charecter was Revan....

I don't understand how MCA can do an interview and specifically refer to KOTOR2 content and whatnot, as well as someone from LucasArts, but they can't say anything on these message boards?

Well, maybe because these shots were taken from an exclusive preview?

That's the only reason I can think of. The game designers can't comment until K2 has been officially announced. The decision rests with LucasArts of course.

Well, maybe because these shots were taken from an exclusive preview?

That's the only reason I can think of. The game designers can't comment until K2 has been officially announced. The decision rests with LucasArts of course.

I'm by no means an expert in the field of gaming journalism and how exactly everything works, but I cannot see a gaming magazine having such power as to prevent a game design studio and publisher from announcing their game in favour of an exclusive story.

Of course the decision as to when the game is announced rests with LucasArts, but in that article there was a LucasArts guy talking about the game - why talk about it in an interview but not announce the game?

It just seems very strange to me.

newlogo.gif

Of course the decision as to when the game is announced rests with LucasArts, but in that article there was a LucasArts guy talking about the game - why talk about it in an interview but not announce the game?

It just seems very strange to me.

It seems strange to me too, I wish they'd just announce the damn game, but I think the plan is to announce at E3. These mags were probably given the go-ahead because they're so close to E3. I'm still guessing though, because I don't see the point either. LucasArts has to be the reason why.