New here/love this game

Really sucks at the negative reacion to this game, i am crazy about it, no it's not perfect but you can tell a lot of heart went into it, sad not to see dlc or sequels

it's still being talked about which is a good thing

READ HERE

Edited by hancock

Just finished my second run through of the game and just had to say this is what games should be: ambitious, innovative, reactive and utterly engrossing, when I sat back after my first run through I just thought next weekend i'm going to start again as a veteran and when I finished that I let out a contented sigh (after stopping laughing at someones demise) and stated "now that is quality".

I ran across three bugs while playing none of which bothered me in the slightest and though I did not exactly like Michael Thorton (too baby faced and the voice was a little too nasal for my tastes), he did his job of immersing you into the world and the characters who loom large within it. The scene with a prominent antagonist in the mediterranean sent chills down my spine thanks to the music, dialogue and voice actor really conveying a sense of cold menace.

As usual your games continue to enthrall me with their depth and sophistication, thanks obsidian.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've actually just registered to add to this thread.

I've been a big fan of Obsidian for a while now - being one of the minority who preferred KOTOR2 to the first - and picked up Alpha Protocol two weeks ago. I have hardly stopped playing it. As Nonek says, it's everything a game should be; just beginning my third playthrough.

I'm on Xbox and don't seem to have encountered the glitches so far - except for reloaded checkpoints getting rid of enemies, and that sort of thing. Nothing too much to worry about, doesn't ruin the game for me at all. Would prefer some more customisation of Thorton, but again, not a huge worry. Overall, I can't beleive the bad press the game's received (maybe I'm looking for different things in a game than others?).

Many thanks to those that popped in and commented, i put alpha away for a bit, no sequel, no dlc...don't want to get sick of it

I guess i'm one of those that appreciates time and effort, currently playing two worlds 2, loads of oddities, people look like dime store dummies BUT it just has so much going for it too, and doesn't take itself to seriously which is fun (different company so i'll switch topics now)

OH did get the FONV Honest Hearts, enjoyed it

Anyway Thorton vs shepard in ME1, Thorton might go down...Thorton vs Shepard (Lost Shields) ME2, Thorton all the way

Funniest part of all this is i'm 53yo, you think for a minute these companies give a blank what i think, i'm defintely NOT the demographic they are going for.....but i love gadgets and gizmos so i'm having a blast

I'm just thankful for creative clever people and appreciate their efforts, don't ever muzzle that creativity like so many other companies seem to be doing (DAO to DA2)

Might be a dungeon siege 3 person, not sure yet

So now Obsidian is the TALENT right?? Bethesda is the publisher?? But people from Obsidian do go do other projects, because i swear the name is mentioned for this game, which I want NOW

AMALUR

Keep up the good work you guys

Nice to meet you all

being one of the minority who preferred KOTOR2 to the first

Minority, eh?

I don't think that's really correct, despite what some BioWare fans want to make you believe.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

being one of the minority who preferred KOTOR2 to the first

Minority, eh?

I don't think that's really correct, despite what some BioWare fans want to make you believe.

Heh heh, that's good to hear.

My time on the gamebanshee forums years back gave me a different impression.