Will Obsidian make the Dungeon Siege games past 3?

That's virtually it, will Obsidian make Dungeon Siege IV and Five, or will it be a one time gig to fill in for Gas Powered Games who are developing AEO? Because I think that GPG will take over development of Dungeon Siege IV once AEO is finished and leave Obsidian to make Fallout: New Vegas II - Hometown Reno.

That's virtually it, will Obsidian make Dungeon Siege IV and Five, or will it be a one time gig to fill in for Gas Powered Games who are developing AEO? Because I think that GPG will take over development of Dungeon Siege IV once AEO is finished and leave Obsidian to make Fallout: New Vegas II - Hometown Reno.

Obsidian or another company. I think GPG stated that they want to focus on their strategy games.

Square Enix has the rights so if DS3 does well, Obsidian may get to do another one. I'd rather see them do Defiance instead though.

I'll also would like to see Obsidian tackle other IPs, SQ bought off a ton they are going to be making splashes on the western market.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gas Powered Games sold the franchise to Square Enix. They own it now. GPG will probably never make another Dungeon Siege. Obisidian might, if Square Enix gives permission. But it's up to Square Enix.

And the game GPG is working on, isnt called Age Empires Of, but Age Of Empires.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!