Mass Effect 3

Death to Blonde Shepard

This was a slightly amusing article, heh.

... Yeah. It's funny, I'm about as snow white as it gets, and I chose the "dark" she-pard, not out of some ridiculous cry for diversity, but, frankly, coz I thought she was hawt. This tells me that in some corner of the universe, there's a ton of hawt girls with red highlights being totally ignored because people are idiots. I just need the directions now, please.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why do people care so much about what Femshep looks like?

Should've just picked a model like they did with Maleshep.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I agree. Slider systems make me want to flip off a box of kittens. It's the number one reason I'll never play a femshep past character creation.

At least in Oblivion I never had to look at my character. Ever.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I agree. Slider systems make me want to flip off a box of kittens. It's the number one reason I'll never play a femshep past character creation.

Not what I meant. The default Maleshep is based off a fashion model whose name I forget, you could've simply done the same if you wanted to decide on what default Femshep looks like for marketing purposes (nobody uses default femshep in game).

And not looking at an Oblivion character is always a good thing. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And not looking at an Oblivion character is always a good thing. :lol:

Vanilla Oblivion maybe

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

am recalling that one woman on the bio boards claimed that nwn were unplayable 'cause o' the absence o' customizable footwear. for realz.

:lol:

Maybe thats why they made Leliana obsessed with shoes in DA:O?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

wouldn't be surprised if the collector's edition comes with your choice of femshep blow up dolls.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not what I meant. The default Maleshep is based off a fashion model whose name I forget, you could've simply done the same if you wanted to decide on what default Femshep looks like for marketing purposes (nobody uses default femshep in game).

And not looking at an Oblivion character is always a good thing. :)

How can you forget, they even call the default shepard "shepardloo" :D

And not looking at an Oblivion character is always a good thing. :huh:

I don't know who the male model is, but the male shephard always reminds me of Paul Walker.

On female shep, I think they should keep her at least somewhat looking like she did in the other games. I've played through the games with FemShep (and with Male Shep, multiple playthroughs...BUT I'm not the 28 playthroughs guy) and think there should be some consistency. It would be weird for her to go to sleep in the morning but then wake up after going to trial on earth and realize that some alien snuck in and did a total plastic surgery and hair dye to her.

I don't know who the male model is, but the male shephard always reminds me of Paul Walker.

On female shep, I think they should keep her at least somewhat looking like she did in the other games. I've played through the games with FemShep (and with Male Shep, multiple playthroughs...BUT I'm not the 28 playthroughs guy) and think there should be some consistency. It would be weird for her to go to sleep in the morning but then wake up after going to trial on earth and realize that some alien snuck in and did a total plastic surgery and hair dye to her.

Hey that's a better deal than MaleShep going to sleep in the morning and then wake up after going to trial on earth and realize that every guy looks really good because some alien snuck in and did a "fabulous" surgery to him.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mark Vanderloo.

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

As has been mentioned a dozen times in this thread and everywhere THEY ARE NOT GOING BACK AND CHANGING THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR CHARACTER. This is the default for new players, or those who want to change the appearance of their character, NOTHING MORE.

Wow... that stuff seriously frightens me. While reading that I was both scared, surprised and somewhat disgusted. And seriously amused, all at the same time.

If I had had a facebook account I probably would've voted for number 2 or 3 for the new femshep version, how anyone could go for no. 5 baffles me.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Femshep 1 or 5, definitely.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I wouldn't quite call that "confirmed," but it's a credible rumor/leak. Operative excerpt:

Turns out, another GAF poster with the magazine in hand straightened it all out a bit more by quoting the paragraph dedicated to the feature line on the cover:

"Well, if you believe the rumours -- which we certainly do -- Mass Effect 3 will have multiplayer. According to various sources, there will be a batch of 3 player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However developers have been known to ditch multiplayer during development in the past, if it doesn't work..."

Edited by Enoch

That's strange, since it was one of those questions that they actually answered (instead of dithering around) with a direct "no" at the Comic con. The dancing around was that they are "looking at multiplayer for other games in the franchise". I have this nagging feeling that there is a separate MP game, which takes place in parallel to ME3, without Shepard. Also allows them to sell two games.;P

Seems a tad silly and a waste for eosurces to add MP to part 3 and final part of the Shepard trilogy. Just add MP to the nert ME universe game. Heck, they should make a NWN style ME game. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's strange, since it was one of those questions that they actually answered (instead of dithering around) with a direct "no" at the Comic con. The dancing around was that they are "looking at multiplayer for other games in the franchise". I have this nagging feeling that there is a separate MP game, which takes place in parallel to ME3, without Shepard. Also allows them to sell two games.;P

Yes, wasn't it Casey Hudson who gave that answer? The whole.. "No we aren't having multiplayer in ME3, because it's the wrap up to the trilogy, we wanted to concentrate on the important things rather then waste resources. But we might do multiplayer in other games set in the ME universe" type of thing as I recall..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."