Mass Effect 3

Shocking.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Add this to the list of BioWare games I'm not going to buy.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Krogan princess

I'm so looking forward to this! :shifty:

There better be a sex scene.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i like shooters, and mass effect has always played like a shooter imo. a bad one.

if they said it was going to be an on rails shooter with no dialogue or leveling up, then i would be a little upset.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i like shooters, and mass effect has always played like a shooter imo. a bad one.

if they said it was going to be an on rails shooter with no dialogue or leveling up, then i would be a little upset.

Only problem it's that ME is supposed to be an RPG and somewhere between the sequel and the bioboards we have forgotten about that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

i dont think ME was ever an rpg, not even the first game. it was more like a fps/rpg hybrid, not as good as deus ex or system shock 2, but having more in common with them than say, fallout 1 or baldurs gate 2 - as far as gameplay is concerned.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What he said. And as I alluded earlier, IGN is the fratboy page, the shooter mechanics are going to be highlighted for that site. And Gametrailers. The MOAR rpg is going to be brought up somewhere else.

Have to admit I'm still a bit worried, but hey, I let other people be drama queens too. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"mass effect has always played like a shooter"

Nah.

"i dont think ME was ever an rpg, not even the first game. it was more like a fps/rpg hybrid,"

Action RPG.

BTW, How can, in any way, ME be a fps which it's not even first person. My non existent god!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"mass effect has always played like a shooter"

Nah.

"i dont think ME was ever an rpg, not even the first game. it was more like a fps/rpg hybrid,"

Action RPG

it did play like a shooter, you just said it's an Action RPG. the action in the game was the shooting part. the rpg part was the rpg part.

it did play like a shooter, you just said it's an Action RPG. the action in the game was the shooting part. the rpg part was the rpg part.

Stop. Right. There.

This is at least 200% over the sense making limit of an internet forum. Could you go back and vague it up a bit, maybe add some obvious fallacies, you know the works.

I can see the krogan are needed as stormtroopers if your Renegade Shepard wiped out both the rachni and the Geth.

But otherwise, it'd be a bad idea to set them loose on the galaxy again.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm not sure if it's an action game or an rpg.. I will say however that it's always played like a Space Opera game.. :ermm:

And actually, while I'm not sure how rpg'ish ME3 is from those E3 trailers.. the action doesn't look too bad.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The game looks great, and the gameplay is actually pretty goddamn cool.

It's still... dumber, though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The game looks great, and the gameplay is actually pretty goddamn cool.

It's still... dumber, though.

Like a blonde.

village_idiot.gif

I suppose one simply will have to accept that Reapers can suddenly be blown up by the Normandy while in the first game Sovereign couldn't be stopped by an entire fleet?

Sovereign will get retconned as a super reaper. Or maybe every Reaper made the stupid move of assuming direct control during the fights so that they'd become weak every time their controlled people get killed. Who knows? The ways of BioWare's storytelling are mysterious.