Seal Team Six appreciation thread

Monte Carlo

This reminds me of my tour with the 11th Underwater Knife Fighting Group, part of the Airborne Death Recce Commando. ::sigh::

I was going to say this reminds me of that time I went along with my wife to Yoga Pilates. Brutal stuff.

This reminds me of my tour with the 11th Underwater Knife Fighting Group

*peers at Monte*

lol

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*peers at Monte*

lol

I'm such a walt, in fact I was a lance corporal in the women's royal auxiliary balloon corps.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Tell us more about the time you spent with the walking-on-hands task group?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We were issued special gloves, but the American ones were better so we ended up enduring humiliating hazing rituals to earn their used ones.

They were happy days, my feet pointed at the sun and the blood rushing to my head as we hand-walked into the enemy guns.

sonsofgygax.JPG

*peers at Monte*

lol

I'm such a walt, in fact I was a lance corporal in the women's royal auxiliary balloon corps.

Aye, it's a hard life in the WRABC. :):)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't care if bin Laden was armed or not. There was an AK-47 and a handgun found in the room within reach. The wife rushed the assault team, and unless bin Laden threw up his hands in surrender, which he didn't, he was probably reaching for those weapons. The only thing that matters is that he is dead. Dead, dead, dead.

Now for the really shocking news: SEAL Team 6 has a canine member that also went on the bin Laden raid. The pooch has body armor, an infrared video camera, an ear bug to receive remote commands. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw training video of the animal in full battle gear being lowered from a chopper along with his human handler.

Now that is totally cool!

I don't care if bin Laden was armed or not. There was an AK-47 and a handgun found in the room within reach. The wife rushed the assault team, and unless bin Laden threw up his hands in surrender, which he didn't, he was probably reaching for those weapons. The only thing that matters is that he is dead. Dead, dead, dead.

Now for the really shocking news: SEAL Team 6 has a canine member that also went on the bin Laden raid. The pooch has body armor, an infrared video camera, an ear bug to receive remote commands. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw training video of the animal in full battle gear being lowered from a chopper along with his human handler.

Now that is totally cool!

PLEASE post a link to the video... canine commando does indeed sound cool!

I have been thinking we ought to use sports reporters to cover this sort of ting. Because as much as 'proper' journalists look down on them, sports reporters know better than to Monday night quarterback inherently fraught situations. I've never done a hostile entry into a building or anything, but pure common sense dictate that you can't sit down with some law books and identify what's a totally justified shoot. You have guidelines which are drummed into you time and time again, and then you hope you get it right.

The fact that they got the decision close enough that we have to debate it at length suggests it was a very wise choice in the second or two available.

-Elwood Blues

The dog story was on here, and was sourced from a main US TV network news- ABC, I think. Might have been slightly different from ~Di's one though as it had the dog and handler parachuting rather than rapelling from a chopper.