Dragon Age 2

Gorth

i will wait for dragon age 2 ultimate edition.

That's an excellent idea.

How's the wait for the Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition going? :lol:

I'm doing the same with DA II. And the approach works perfectly if your interest is sufficiently marginal that you're willing to accept the absence of an ultimate edition as a sign that you weren't meant to play the game.

winner.jpg

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I finished the game. It's a pity the game suffers from the same boring extended endgame that Origins had, where your party needs to fight through half the city to reach the endboss level. The final bosses are quite nonsensical as well, and the aftermath is disappointing.

It's a decent game overall and I liked it, but there's not much incentive to replay because one of the two factions you are forced to choice from is so over-the-top and excessive (particularly their head honcho, who's clearly completely bonkers from the first moment you meet her) that you'd have to roleplay either a complete idiot or total jerkface to side with them. FO:NV had the same problem, with Caesar's legion.

Very little changes if you side with "the other side".

The story of DA2 is so rigid that DA3 won't have a save game importer - because none of your choices will matter.

So I'm right at the point just before the final fight against the big bad boss guy in Legacy, and I'm wondering what the fuss about this DLC is. I've read a bunch of posts stating how amazing the DLC was, and how it was the best DLC for the Dragon Age series BioWare has made. Unless I've missed half the content (which I don't think I have), it's a pretty mediocre dungeon romp, with a bit more lore tossed in. It's no better than Return to Ostagar or Warden's Keep.

People also praised the amount of party banter throughout, but I didn't notice much chatter. There's a couple of lines early on between Isabela and Aveline, but other than that my party companions were mute.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

GT gives Legacy a 5.9. WARNING: The review seems to throw in a spoiler. There isn't much context to it but it still is a bit irritating. I'd say the full Dragon Age deserved a 5.9. :lol: Yeah... I'm still pissed about those recycled environments.

While I usually snatch up DLC for most games I even moderately enjoy, I'll be waiting for some sort of package deal or sale for DA 2 DLC. If I even care about it later.

So I'm right at the point just before the final fight against the big bad boss guy in Legacy, and I'm wondering what the fuss about this DLC is. I've read a bunch of posts stating how amazing the DLC was, and how it was the best DLC for the Dragon Age series BioWare has made. Unless I've missed half the content (which I don't think I have), it's a pretty mediocre dungeon romp, with a bit more lore tossed in. It's no better than Return to Ostagar or Warden's Keep.

People also praised the amount of party banter throughout, but I didn't notice much chatter. There's a couple of lines early on between Isabela and Aveline, but other than that my party companions were mute.

It's a lot longer than Warden's keep, and has a lot more story than return to ostagar.

Though, I agree to a degree, it being the best Dragon Age DLC is more related to how hopelessly mediocre the DAO DLC was. Though I keep forgetting Warden's Keep was DLC, since I had it from day1.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Very little changes if you side with "the other side".

The story of DA2 is so rigid that DA3 won't have a save game importer - because none of your choices will matter.

I wonder what DA3 will be about. It seemed to me everything was being set up for a war with either Tevinter or the Qunari.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"The story of DA2 is so rigid that DA3 won't have a save game importer - because none of your choices will matter."

Dunno about the save game importer, but lots of chocies in DA2 mattered. A lot more than certain other games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dunno about the save game importer, but lots of chocies in DA2 mattered. A lot more than certain other games.

Within the confines of DA2, perhaps (though a lot of the major ones seemed forced on you). But strictly in terms of decisions carrying over to DA3, did the player have any major choice that can affect DA3 that wasn't forced on them?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"The story of DA2 is so rigid that DA3 won't have a save game importer - because none of your choices will matter."

Well, most plots in DA2 ends up with you failing, no matter what you do. On the top of my head, I can think of-

- You fail to protect your sibling from the ogre as you flee Lothering

- You fail to protect your other sibling one way or another during the Deep Roads expedition

- You fail to protect your mother later on

- You fail to keep the peace with the Qunari despite doing a lot of quests to try to diffuse tensions between them and fanatics

- You probably fail to recover the relic and may well lose a companion permanently

- If you tried to save Merrill from herself as that is the rational thing to do, you will fail at that

- Every single mage in the entire game except three or so (Bethany, Terri and one at the start of that cave) will go blood mage or was it all along

- Of course you fail to keep the peace between mages and templars despite spending most of Act 3 trying to do so

The choices in DA:O mattered a lot more, from who to crown in Dwarf City, who to side with at the Circle Tower and in the Brechilian (I think it was) forest, how to deal with the kid in Redcliffe and so on and so forth.

Edited by Fleapants

The choices in DA:O mattered a lot more, from who to crown in Dwarf City, who to side with at the Circle Tower and in the Brechilian (I think it was) forest, how to deal with the kid in Redcliffe and so on and so forth.

Did they? Ok, the dwarf king choice gave you a reactive miniquest in DA2, but what did the redcliffe kid do? Give you one of three different end game slides? I think, say, whatever happens with the sibling that survives the prologue has a lot more variation than any of your examples... Though, I agree, that it's more about guessing/luck and less about choice.

Did they? Ok, the dwarf king choice gave you a reactive miniquest in DA2, but what did the redcliffe kid do? Give you one of three different end game slides? I think, say, whatever happens with the sibling that survives the prologue has a lot more variation than any of your examples... Though, I agree, that it's more about guessing/luck and less about choice.

You had a choice who to crown, or to let the kid live or not.

If the quests were made to DA2 standards, one of the Orzimmar dwarves would've been a lyrium-infused maddorf that you had to kill, while the kid would've turned into an abomination straight away. The mother too, just because. And the father, obviously. Plus every guard in the castle.

In DA2, the majority of the quests and plotlines have exactly the same outcome, no matter what you try (and fail) to do. Of course, the choices in DA:O are mostly cosmetic or decides which troops you get at the endbattle (which is rather cosmetic too), but you actually do stuff which matters to the story.

You had a choice who to crown, or to let the kid live or not.

If the quests were made to DA2 standards, one of the Orzimmar dwarves would've been a lyrium-infused maddorf that you had to kill, while the kid would've turned into an abomination straight away.

No, either one of those would have been dependent on whether you have a specific npc in the party or not. ;)

"Within the confines of DA2, perhaps (though a lot of the major ones seemed forced on you). But strictly in terms of decisions carrying over to DA3, did the player have any major choice that can affect DA3 that wasn't forced on them?"

That wouldd epend on the story, setting, plot, and focus of DA3 right?

If you play Hawke again, there would be A LOT of choices that would matter in the game including what companions are still alive, are ystill your allies, and how they feel about you.

If the game is set in he same city, how you chose to handle the end game would matter. Whether youd ecided to wipe out all the mages would matter.

But, of course, if the game is set in a different part of the world with a whoel new main character than of course your decisions will matter less.

"In DA2, the majority of the quests and plotlines have exactly the same outcome, no matter what you try (and fail) to do."

No. This is plainly false. The end of ch2 for exmaple has so many different variations it's ridiculous.

"You fail to protect your sibling from the ogre as you flee Lothering

- You fail to protect your other sibling one way or another during the Deep Roads expedition

- You fail to protect your mother later on

- You fail to keep the peace with the Qunari despite doing a lot of quests to try to diffuse tensions between them and fanatics

- You probably fail to recover the relic and may well lose a companion permanently

- If you tried to save Merrill from herself as that is the rational thing to do, you will fail at that

- Every single mage in the entire game except three or so (Bethany, Terri and one at the start of that cave) will go blood mage or was it all along

- Of course you fail to keep the peace between mages and templars despite spending most of Act 3 trying to do so "

Youtr exmaples are ridiclous. The first two aren't evenq uestions and are story points.

You can ulktimiately get the Quanri to leave. You don't neccessarily fail.

You'probably' don't anything. You can get the relic and jkeep the companion. Gues what/ C&C exists for a reason so yeah sometimes you ahve to choose.

I didn't fail to save Merril. By the end of the game, she most certainly learned her lesson and even purpsoefully broke the mirror.

The vast majority of mages are not blood mages and the vast majority of them are not aggresive towards you.

You don't fail to keep the peace. The epace was always doomed. Peace is never possible between the slaver and the slave if the slave has a way to fight for freedom.

Really, what game did you play?

Also.. quests that you succeed at...

ending the high dragon's reign in the mines.. freeing a certain slave from his Tevinter master.. helping a certain dwarf deal with his brother... saving the city from complete disaster...regaining your family's legacy.. reyuiniting your uncle with his daughter...

Seriously, what game did you play?

Edited by Gorth
Added very unvolournlike spoiler tags

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wait, if you have enough friendship points with Isabela and she returns the relic to the Qunari, is a peaceful solution possible with the Arishok?

The bitch left in my game, and I only had the option to fight all Qunari, or duel the Arishok depending on Fenris' presence in my party.

Yes, a peaceful solution is possible.

You have to give them Isabella.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wait, if you have enough friendship points with Isabela and she returns the relic to the Qunari, is a peaceful solution possible with the Arishok?

The bitch left in my game, and I only had the option to fight all Qunari, or duel the Arishok depending on Fenris' presence in my party.

When she comes back, there's the options

of handing her over to the Arishokk to make them all leave peacefully, killing the Arishokk in a duel so that the remainder will leave, or just killing them all.

Ok, my post was from the redundancy department of redundancy. Moving on...

Edited by Nepenthe

Seriously, what game did you play?

A crap one with an extremely railroaded plot.

Also, you may be too cool to quote directly, but do use the spoilertags at least?

Edited by Fleapants

How significant is the lore that the DLC adds? Anything earth shattering?

How significant is the lore that the DLC adds? Anything earth shattering?

I'd say it does.

On reflection, that's one aspect of the DLC that is quite strong.

I don't think it's a real spoiler if I say that it discusses the origin of the Darkspawn.

I've seen review sites mark it lower than the original game. Which surprises me, since I thought it addressed most, if not all, of the complaints people had about the original game. Well, DA2-bashing seems like a popular pass-time, and some sites seem to be quite happy to kiss up to their loudest commentators. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well, DA2: Legacy is indeed pretty nice lore-wise (though storywise it doesn't make a lick of sense,

how is it you can find notes of Janeka in places she could never have reached since she needed Hawke to break the seals; not to mention how did she even get past the seals? Are we to believe she somehow slip past Hawke unnoticed?

), but I was severely put off by the terrible final boss fight.

I gave up on the fight with my warrior Hawke and replayed the entire DLC with my Spirit healer Hawke (who could REVIVE retarted party members who died after ignoring hold commands and/or getting stuck into rock walls). An autosave after each phase of the battle, at the very least, would have been nice.

Also, **** Genlock Alphas.

Overall, 7/10.

Edited by virumor

Well, DA2: Legacy is indeed pretty nice lore-wise (though storywise it doesn't make a lick of sense,

how is it you can find notes of Janeka in places she could never have reached since she needed Hawke to break the seals; not to mention how did she even get past the seals? Are we to believe she somehow slip past Hawke unnoticed?

), but I was severely put off by the terrible final boss fight.

I gave up on the fight with my warrior Hawke and replayed the entire DLC with my Spirit healer Hawke (who could REVIVE retarted party members who died after ignoring hold commands and/or getting stuck into rock walls). An autosave after each phase of the battle, at the very least, would have been nice.

Also, **** Genlock Alphas.

Overall, 7/10.

Everybody can revive party members with Mythal's Favor. :)